Help Me!

Discussion of photography, editing and publishing techniques
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Help Me!

Post by Emp.Justinian »

I just became a member of brickshelf. :D
the bad news is that the file I created, showing my soon to be entered wizard castle, I don't know what to do with. I don't know how to moderate it or make deeplinks.
Please be merciful and help me. I would realy like to show everyone my MOC I just don't know how.:(

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
Prince Imdol
Master

Post by Prince Imdol »

If you want to make deep links to here, you should just go up to your adress bar and copy the adress, (Ctrl-C). Then you come here, begin to post your enrty, and go to the button that says URL. Click on it, and at the bottom of your entry this should appeer.
Then you insert your link by pasting it ... ! :D P.I
Thomas C.
"Sow a thought, reap an action;
Sow an action, reap a habit.
Sow a habit, reap a character.
Sow a character, reap a destiny"

"Don't let school interfere with your education."-Huckleberry Finn
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Thank Prince! :D

So hear it is, my wizard castle entry! :D
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Justi ... gp0534.jpg

thanks!
Last edited by Emp.Justinian on Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Anubisconq
Bailiff

Post by Anubisconq »

Sorry, it didn't work. Try clicking on the pic until there is nothing but the pic on a white background. No Brickshelf banners, no nothing. Just the picture.

I look forward to seeing it!
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Okay that should fix it.

More pics as I get them
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Justi ... gp0539.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Justi ... gp0541.jpg

In the secound picture you can see the central pit. It runs from a "drop point" on the top level to the very bottom of the base plate. Once imprisoned therin the necromancer will poor down a couldren full of spiders snakes and other creepy crawlies.

God speed

Emp.Justinian
Last edited by Emp.Justinian on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Aragornn45
Foot Soldier

Post by Aragornn45 »

hmmm, not bad. I'm not a big fan of the orange and black color scheme but other than that it looks pretty dang good.
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Aragornn45 wrote:hmmm, not bad. I'm not a big fan of the orange and black color scheme but other than that it looks pretty dang good.
Well it's actualy red. But I've got an excuse for the colors. The first is that those red bricks were my fathers from the 70's. I don't have much of a Lego colection but I do what I can. I've even come up with a back story explaining the colors. Ehem *puts on deep mysterious voice*

Back in the days of peace in the Kingdome of Adneral there was only one evil creature. He was a dark Wizard a necromancer. Steriotypically wanting to take over the world he created an army of undead. He fought many wars with the good king and killed many men. With the blood of his enemies he created a stronghold of congealed blood. There he brooded until he thought of a plan. During a tournament the King's son was hosting the Wizard snatched him away. He brought him to his tower where he would drop him down the central pit and throw nasty criters on him. The king loved his son and soon sent out a detachment of soldiers to bring back his son. These were led by the good alchemist and Wizard (insert mistic name). His mission is to bring back the prince alive.

God speed

Emp.Justinian

Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

First of, this topic belongs in Publishing rather than in MOCs. So don't be surprised if your post and this thread suddenly isn't there anymore where you expected it to be. :-)

Regarding your pictures there’s something else you should do:
Resize your pictures!

When I clicked on the link to your picture my screen was filled with red bricks, bricks from the wall of your house, not Lego bricks. That’s not good. The screen should be filled with the image of the Lego only. Here is what you should do:

I don’t know what kind of picture editing programm you have got on your machine, but in general in the menu bar you'll find something like "edit" or "picture". Click on it and you find something like "resize...". Resize to 800×600 pixels, at the most to 1024×768 pixels. Don't worry, that's still big enough to see all the details, if the photo is clear. If the photo is not clear: Go and take another one.
After you resized your pic click "file" and "save as...". Now you Save the pic under a new name (something that tells what is the pic about, "castle01" for example) as a *.jpg file. While doing this you are probably asked to choose the compression ratio. Choose 80%.

Now you got a picture that is worthy to be uploaded to BrickShelf.

Bye
Jojo
 This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

irfranview is a great FREE program for resizing your pics (And More!). Give it a try, more people will be interested in seeing your things.