My New Avatar, hands off DM fans!

Discussion of photography, editing and publishing techniques
architect
Baron von Ellermann

My New Avatar, hands off DM fans!

Post by architect »

Hi everyone,

I was working to make some new shields for individual faction pages in the sets section. So I made the triangular Dragon Master's shield. Isn't it cool? :D Avatar theft will not be appreciated, Dragon Master fans have been warned...

Ben
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Not being a big fan of the Dragon Masters, I must say I like this shield. It unifies the colors much better and directly relates to the green/red dragon of the time. You made some good design decisions by overlapping the green border with the red elements.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Actually it is not my design. This is an official LEGO design which they used in the catalogs and leaflets. The box dragon shield is very similar but also says "Dragon Masters" text on it. So I cant take credit for design, only for making the digital image.

It is too bad that these shields were never officially made. Oh, and sometime I will have a full PDF file for this in an appendix to Tony's triangular shield article.

Ben
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

architect wrote:Actually it is not my design. This is an official LEGO design which they used in the catalogs and leaflets. The box dragon shield is very similar but also says "Dragon Masters" text on it. So I cant take credit for design, only for making the digital image.

It is too bad that these shields were never officially made. Oh, and sometime I will have a full PDF file for this in an appendix to Tony's triangular shield article.

Ben
Isn't that the truth. The Dragon Masters could have been an interesting faction if Lego had invested a little more time developing them. It does seem odd that they are an independant faction, yet their heraldry is exactly the same as the Black Knights from a year earlier.

Still the design is quite nice.

Later.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Ga! Gaaaaaa! You cha-chan-ch-changed your avatar! You had that old one for like, um forever. You were the last one to changed.

Nice shield there. I thought that I had seen that before. You did a good job making it.

Dan :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

It does seem odd that they are an independant faction, yet their heraldry is exactly the same as the Black Knights from a year earlier.
I like that the Dragon Master heraldry was the same design but with different colors. It is appropriate since they actually had dragons. I am more bothered that themes like DM and Bulls do not have triangular shields of their own for foot soldiers.
Still the design is quite nice.
Thanks!
Ga! Gaaaaaa! You cha-chan-ch-changed your avatar! You had that old one for like, um forever. You were the last one to changed.
Don't worry, the old avatar will return some time in the future. I just felt the need to try another shield out :wink:

Ben
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

Wow, that was a shock! I wondered, at first who the new Admin was. Then I saw it was you! Okay, I am better now. That is a good shield. It is too bad that it wasn't made officially. I have always had a soft spot for the DMs. I know that most people are down on them, but I like them. Not my favorite, but good nonetheless. And you should watch out or Dragon Master will steal this! :)

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

Great shield design. - Lego should have gone with this as the Dragon Masters shield.

Now, surely avatar theft does not really esist does it :?:

I would like to see your avatar as a real Lego shield though (would that count as avatar theft ?).
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

Oh, and sometime I will have a full PDF file for this in an appendix to Tony's triangular shield article.
This is a very cool shield... and a PDF would rock! But then I wonder if it would be realistic? Actually, I have no idea - were sheild/logos that intricate as to mix borders so well?

But then again, who cares, it looks sweet!
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

ottoatm wrote:But then I wonder if it would be realistic? Actually, I have no idea - were sheild/logos that intricate as to mix borders so well?

But then again, who cares, it looks sweet!
No, I don't believe they were. But, like you said, it looks good.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Sorry to bring this back up, but...
I whole-heartedly agree with you that these shields should have been made. So, I at least would like to have some of these awesome shields for my DM's.

Do you still plan on making a PDF file for this, Ben?