New Movie to go with the "New Look"

Discussion of photography, editing and publishing techniques
Legolas
Foot Soldier

New Movie to go with the "New Look"

Post by Legolas »

Hello everyone,

I hope its ok for me to make yet another post about my site... any more and you might consider it spam :lol: ...

Anyways..

Just stopped in to post my new movie I've been working on. So here it is, Galere Movie. Feel free to make suggestions or post you comments on it :D . Heck you can even say how much you dislike it :roll: lol .

-- Joey

P.S. Its 1.14 megs so give it a little time to download :wink:
Fry_slayer
Steward

Post by Fry_slayer »

That is a lot of time spent :lol:

You might want to consider slowing down some of the text, most of them flashed by so fast i cant seems to catch up :mrgreen: Macromedia flash? Are you taking IT multimedia course?
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Fryslayer]Brickshelf[/url] | [url=http://brickgamers.blogspot.com/]BrickGamers[/url]
Suvied
Laborer

Post by Suvied »

That was cool! Not sure I would like the story based on the whole skeletal/evil/undead/demon type "bad guys" but the movie was cool none the less.

SuvieD
There is someone who is always worse off than you . . . consider my peasants for example.
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

Great job! As I said before your site is cool! :D
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

That ROCKED!

Is that Flash? I have a few friends who have made movies like that, and they say it is "easy"... I think they are talking nonsense, right? That looks hard! The picture quality was nice too.. you did well!

How about the story now? :wink: :)
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Sir Dillon
Man-At-Arms

Post by Sir Dillon »

That was really cool. I'd also suggest slowing down the text though.
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Post by Legolas »

Fry_slayer wrote:Macromedia flash? Are you taking IT multimedia course?
Actually no, most everything you see, I've learned just by playing around with Macromedia flash. Though I am in serious help of the more harder stuff like Action Script (Man is that stuff complicated...)
Suvied wrote:Not sure I would like the story based on the whole skeletal/evil/undead/demon type "bad guys" but the movie was cool none the less.
Sorry to hear that... I'm glad you liked my movie though :D .
TheOrk wrote: Great job! As I said before your site is cool! :D
Thank you :D .
ottoatm wrote:That ROCKED!

Is that Flash? I have a few friends who have made movies like that, and they say it is "easy"... I think they are talking nonsense, right? That looks hard! The picture quality was nice too.. you did well!
Yup, it is flash. Its not so much "hard" as it is "time consuming" :lol: .
How about the story now?
Pateince is a Virtue :wink: .
Sir Dillon wrote:That was really cool. I'd also suggest slowing down the text though
As I watch it over and over, I begin to think that maybe it needs to be longer (by one or two minutes) . I'm starting to feel that I rushed it a little specially towards the end.. By doing this I could make the text last a little longer, so it would be easier to read, and possibly add more graphics (such as my Elven Mage, and possibly more villians since those are the requests I've gotten). So I guess its back to the ol' "Drawing Board" .

Feel free to post some ideas, of what you'd like to see in the movie.

-- Joey
venvorskar
Bailiff

Galere

Post by venvorskar »

I think the movie was very good and I was able to read it fine. The music was good but Anthony Sava's Ikros movies were a bit better, consider something more like that.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

The music was good but Anthony Sava's Ikros movies were a bit better, consider something more like that.
Ouch! Heh heh heh...

I forgot about this... how is it going? I know you were busy with something else... the MCN forum and what-not.
Knight Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
00Psyren00
Laborer

Post by 00Psyren00 »

Cool!
Its given me some inspiration, so keep up the good work
Legolas
Foot Soldier

Re: Galere

Post by Legolas »

venvorskar wrote:I think the movie was very good and I was able to read it fine. The music was good but Anthony Sava's Ikros movies were a bit better, consider something more like that.
Well, I'm glad you liked my movie, but you're right. Anthony's movies are better, though I'm kinda puzzled as to what you mean when you say "consider something more like that.". Please enlighten me :) .
ottoatm wrote:I forgot about this... how is it going? I know you were busy with something else... the MCN forum and what-not.
Well, for the past few months my movie has been on the back burner, but I've been working on some new stuff to add to it, so stay tuned :) . As for the MCN temp forum, that kinda died before it had a chance to shine.. So I will continue to turn it into the official forum for my website.
00Psyren00 wrote:Cool!
Its given me some inspiration, so keep up the good work
I am honored that my movie has inspired you. :) Three cheers for Galere !!!

-- Joey
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

As for the MCN temp forum, that kinda died before it had a chance to shine.. So I will continue to turn it into the official forum for my website.
Thats an interesting new idea... i'll keep an eye open.
Knight Templar

venvorskar
Bailiff

Movie Music

Post by venvorskar »

The begining of your movie was good but, after the part that says" Rebel Comix Presents" it becomes more rock and rollish. Anthony Sava didn't have any of that in his movies.
Scnicker
Landlord

Post by Scnicker »

I think it's good that it doesn't look like Anthony's movies. Who would want a clone of Ikros? Well, I wouldn't. Keep up the good work Joey.

-Yankı
Dragonlord Esq.
Reeve

Post by Dragonlord Esq. »

Great work! Do you have more?