Lego Castle Posters

Discussion of photography, editing and publishing techniques
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Lego Castle Posters

Post by Sir Kohran »

Recently, I opened up a 6078, and found a very cool-looking poster for the Royal Knights. I was just wondering - did Lego produce any other posters for the Castle theme? I seem to remember one for the Dark Forest, but I'm not sure...

Anyone got anything?

- Matt
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

They made some for the viking theme. They were being given away at this past Brickfest. I'm pretty sure I still have one.
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Recluce wrote:They made some for the viking theme. They were being given away at this past Brickfest. I'm pretty sure I still have one.
You have a Viking poster?! Could you please photo/scan it?

- Matt
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I have one although mine is a little dented. Sometime I will take a photo of it. Only 5 or 6 people got these so they are quite rare.

Ben
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

I got a bioncle poster in my new copy of the LEGO magazine. Meh. You see one pic, you see them all.(Really, it was just a rehash of pics I've already seen)

:wink:
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

architect wrote:I have one although mine is a little dented. Sometime I will take a photo of it. Only 5 or 6 people got these so they are quite rare.
Just curious as to how you all got these posters (the rare ones)? Not that I am a big collector of such posters, but I have never had the chance to get such posters in the past. Was it a case of being at the right place at the right time? Or maybe knowing the right person?

The viking poster(s) sound especially interesting.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

ottoatm wrote:
architect wrote:I have one although mine is a little dented. Sometime I will take a photo of it. Only 5 or 6 people got these so they are quite rare.
Just curious as to how you all got these posters (the rare ones)? Not that I am a big collector of such posters, but I have never had the chance to get such posters in the past. Was it a case of being at the right place at the right time? Or maybe knowing the right person?
It was both. LEGO brought hanging Viking banners and Viking posters to decorate the Castle room at BrickFest 2005. Magnus, one of the room coordinators, asked if the castle fans running the room during the public expo could have the posters. LEGO said we could :) Of course we did have to guard the mocs from little kids, answer many questions, and demonstrate our mocs to the public for several hours.

Ben
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Jojo has a collection of scans here.

~Chris Perron
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

architect wrote:
ottoatm wrote:
It was both. LEGO brought hanging Viking banners and Viking posters to decorate the Castle room at BrickFest 2005. Magnus, one of the room coordinators, asked if the castle fans running the room during the public expo could have the posters. LEGO said we could :) Of course we did have to guard the mocs from little kids, answer many questions, and demonstrate our mocs to the public for several hours.

Ben
I know this topic is a bit old, but...

Do you still have any of these Viking posters?

- Matt
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

I'm sure I do somewhere, but honestly, I have yet to find it! I must have packed it away so well I can't find it!
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Sir Kohran wrote:
I know this topic is a bit old, but...

Do you still have any of these Viking posters?

- Matt
I only have my single copy. Here is a link to the image:

http://www.classic-castle.com/bene/foru ... poster.jpg

Ben