The Gauntlet

Discussion of photography, editing and publishing techniques
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

The Gauntlet

Post by ottoatm »

Nathan's latest projects have turned me into something of a brickfilms fan. While browsing through, I found this funny/cool movie by Jay Silver... The Gauntlet.

Just wanted to share ~ :wink:
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]
Lord_Of_The_LEGO
Earl of Wells

Post by Lord_Of_The_LEGO »

Ah yes...the Gauntlet. Probably one of the best brickfilms out there.

Glad I've made you a fan! :D
In the process of converting to [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathanwells/]Flickr[/url].
E of Alshire
Merchant

Post by E of Alshire »

Lord_Of_The_LEGO wrote:Ah yes...the Gauntlet. Probably one of the best brickfilms out there.
Yes indeed, and I even like those walls. Easy way to make something really big.

And yes, Nathan, I've found mself browsing Brickfilms more than once, and it's all your fault... :D
smcginnis
Justiciar

Post by smcginnis »

I just watched it, and then had my mom and my sister watch it also, and we all really liked it. I'll get my dad to watch it soon, he's busy right now. Very cool movie. I might pay more attention to Brickfilms now. :D

~smcginnis

Does anyone use my Smileys? *sniff* :)
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

I love how mysterious it feels - the masssive, yet empty and dusty halls, the unknown man we follow throughout, and the strange guy who's hunting him. The fact that we get no clues as to any sort of story is a good technique. I also love seeing the Black Falcon Knight as a statue.

And I never get tired of hearing 'Hall of the Mountain King', either. :wink:

Wonderfully simple.

- Matt
LegoAddict
Peasant

Post by LegoAddict »

The best part of the movie is when the minifig is running from the monster thing, and he turns the corner and does the slide. That is pretty much the coolest thing Ive seen in a brickfilm 8) .

Kyle
Sheen
Apprentice

Post by Sheen »

I admit I haven't taken the time to read many other LEGO sites so thanks for posting this here on C-C. I really enjoyed it and I, too, like the Hall of the Mountain King. The Mannheim Steamroller version is quite good in my opinion. I liked the monster coming out of the wall as well as the superb lighting.
Sheen

Avatar photo is a small piece of Black Dragon by Alphonse Capone