iBricks

Discussion of photography, editing and publishing techniques
conductorjoe

iBricks

Post by conductorjoe »

Well I figured I'd post this here!

Click Here to see iBricks

It's brand new, just founded on January 1st. We already have quite a bit of activity actually. Check it out!
Tedward
Squire

Why?

Post by Tedward »

Seriously, why?

Why do you think we need YALF (Yet Another LEGO Forum)?
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I dont mind more forums as long as they meet some need not currently found in AFOLdom. What need to iBricks serve?

Ben
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

I think it's for all themes. (And not meant for Europe :wink: )
My life is based on a true story.
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

babyjawa wrote:I think it's for all themes. (And not meant for Europe :wink: )
You mean like LUGNET?
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

You mean like no one really goes there much anymore? 'Cept when someone links to it. :wink:
My life is based on a true story.
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

From my perusal it looks like ibricks skews to a younger age group than Lugnet. If so, it does fill a niche.

Bruce
[url=http://comicbricks.blogspot.com/]ComicBricks[/url] [url=http://godbricks.blogspot.com/]GodBricks[/url] [url=http://microbricks.blogspot.com/]MicroBricks[/url] [url=http://minilandbricks.blogspot.com/]MinilandBricks[/url] [url=http://scibricks.blogspot.com/]SciBricks[/url] [url=http://vignettebricks.blogspot.com/]VignetteBricks[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/bricktales/]Brick Tales[/url]
conductorjoe

Post by conductorjoe »

Bruce N H wrote:From my perusal it looks like ibricks skews to a younger age group than Lugnet. If so, it does fill a niche.

Bruce
Yes, you are correct Bruce. :D
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

“Safe, Friendly, LEGO Discussion”

You might want to change that too “Safe, Friendly, Religious elitist, LEGO Discussion” Why? From looking over your board I can see that it’s run by 13 year olds who will ban and shun those of other religions. It’s clear that ibricks was made for the purpose of allowing those of one religion to discuss LEGO related things. That’s fine as long as you say it instead of just banning those who don’t share the same beliefs. Because then we’d just avoid you.

I should probably note that I call myself a “Christian” And if you’d like to hear more of my views which would probably get this topic locked, you can PM me.

P.S: If any of the CC admins would like to murfle this post, you are more than welcomed to.

P.P.S: If you want a safe and friendly LEGO discussion forum, CC is probably the best for it.

Lonesy
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

Achem...wow.
DARKspawn
Lord

Post by DARKspawn »

I would agree that the forum is aimed at a younger audience, I guess that is a good thing, all in all. After browsing the forum myself, I don't quite see what you are getting at, Lonranger, but I do agree that it is probably better left alone
Last edited by DARKspawn on Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
xbloodyfangs
Laborer

Post by xbloodyfangs »

Loneranger wrote:“Safe, Friendly, LEGO Discussion”

You might want to change that too “Safe, Friendly, Religious elitist, LEGO Discussion” Why? From looking over your board I can see that it’s run by 13 year olds who will ban and shun those of other religions. It’s clear that ibricks was made for the purpose of allowing those of one religion to discuss LEGO related things. That’s fine as long as you say it instead of just banning those who don’t share the same beliefs. Because then we’d just avoid you.

I should probably note that I call myself a “Christian” And if you’d like to hear more of my views which would probably get this topic locked, you can PM me.

P.S: If any of the CC admins would like to murfle this post, you are more than welcomed to.

P.P.S: If you want a safe and friendly LEGO discussion forum, CC is probably the best for it.

Lonesy
:? How did you go about figuring that out?
conductorjoe

Post by conductorjoe »

Who is being an elitist here? You say that you, an adult, debating with a bunch of 11 year olds about the Theory of Evolution, who have been taught all their lives about Christianity and nothing about Evolution, some of who are merely saying what their parents have told them all their lives, is a worthy debate? If you aren't comfortable hanging out with a bunch of kids quite a bit younger than you in real life, you probably won't be comfortable doing it online either. Especially when being rude and referring to them as "kiddies".

No one has been banned or punished solely for their religious beliefs. You had an avatar containing sexual innuendo and it was removed and you were penalized. The same thing would've been done to anyone.

Although you are an adult, you are, relatively, acting much more immature than the kids you said were doing you wrong. Making generalizations, lying, and being rude to the staff of both CC and iBricks is not what I would call mature.

Also, going behind my back and posting this here on CC, what is your purpose for that? Another example of your immaturity.

iBricks is a place that parents can let their kids go to and not worry about anything inappropriate in any way there. Most of the people there it is the only forum they are allowed to go to, because of all the junk on many forums. I for one am keeping it that way, even if it means not having people like you there. You are now banned, you compromised the enviroment we have there by having that inappropriate avatar(or photo) and posting links to things with the F word in it, as well as going out and posting this here.
Loneranger
Landlord

Post by Loneranger »

conductorjoe wrote:Who is being an elitist here? You say that you, an adult, debating with a bunch of 11 year olds about the Theory of Evolution, who have been taught all their lives about Christianity and nothing about Evolution, some of who are merely saying what their parents have told them all their lives, is a worthy debate? If you aren't comfortable hanging out with a bunch of kids quite a bit younger than you in real life, you probably won't be comfortable doing it online either. Especially when being rude and referring to them as "kiddies".

No one has been banned or punished solely for their religious beliefs. You had an avatar containing sexual innuendo and it was removed and you were penalized. The same thing would've been done to anyone.

Although you are an adult, you are, relatively, acting much more immature than the kids you said were doing you wrong. Making generalizations, lying, and being rude to the staff of both CC and iBricks is not what I would call mature.

Also, going behind my back and posting this here on CC, what is your purpose for that? Another example of your immaturity.

iBricks is a place that parents can let their kids go to and not worry about anything inappropriate in any way there. Most of the people there it is the only forum they are allowed to go to, because of all the junk on many forums. I for one am keeping it that way, even if it means not having people like you there. You are now banned, you compromised the enviroment we have there by having that inappropriate avatar(or photo) and posting links to things with the F word in it, as well as going out and posting this here.
Check the date my post to CC was made, and then check the date I signed up for ibricks.

P.S: I never lied and I would have removed any avatar that was considered "offensive" I said I was LEAVING your forums.

P.P.S: I am SO sorry this has made it's way over here, please remove both posts if any of the admins feel it should be.

Lonesy
Last edited by Loneranger on Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
conductorjoe

Post by conductorjoe »

please remove both posts if any of the admins feel it should be.
Can't say I disagree with that. :lol: