a desert castle

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

a desert castle

Post by LEGOFREAK »

Hi

Ok first let me say that I am keeping all opinions of the military out of this post, and I ask you to do the same. That being said, my brother is a part of the US Army and is stationed out overseas, and apparently has way too much time on his hands. :D

So here is his latest email to me, and I will follow up with some of the pics he has sent.
So here i am in [deleted] and i figured to myself, self, i said, why shouldn't we
(being the team)build something different than everyone else. We are a remote site by a double hanger next to the airfield. We come up with ideas and than someone figures out how to do it. Now the question has been asked,(whose ideas, who builds, etc..) The drawbridge idea was thrown in with a bunch of other ideas. I came up with schematics, ask deb, it is just something i do. So now we are building a castle. We are each designing midevil weapons. so far we have large mace thing made with 550 cord and a chopper bearing( which is slightly smaller than my fist). And I had a machine shop cut out an ax head for a halberd. for those who don't know. a large pole with an ax tip used by sentry's. more plans in the works. as far as where we get the wood. let's put it this way. What some people don't know won't hurt us. Mostly we pillage and scrounge. We are four determined individuals that work extremely well as a group. (Group pictures will be coming) our team name that we gave ourselves is The Grand Plan. We will build and grow and do everything possible to kill time and pass this journey behind us. Alot of the midevil ideas are mine and Blair's. I kind of tinker in all things. Always gotta have my fingers in the cookie jar. Upcomming ideas, look for pictures of the trebuchet. Think catapult fun.
Gotta go
Love all
John
ahhh my little brother.

does a fella proud to have a relative building medieval weoponry and a castle out in the middle of a desert.

thoughts?

Freak :D
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

cool!! It's nice that he can pass the time like that. my cousin just came back from serving overseas. it would be cool if you coud post some pics. :D
Space rocks.