Weekly Set Review: Castle Mini Figures

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Weekly Set Review: Castle Mini Figures

Post by architect »

Join the weekly Classic Castle set review discussion. Please post your opinions on the set play ability, piece selection, design, etc. Which sets stand up to our catapult of critique and which ones crumble in shame!

This week’s set is 6103 Castle Mini Figures.

Castle Mini Figures was released in 1988. The set contains a lion axeman, black falcon soldier and archer, a villager, and two forestmen. Many accessories such as weapons, shields, and a pitchfork are included in the pack.

Barbapple
Steward

Post by Barbapple »

This is what LEGO needs to make more of. Packs of figures. Enough to be a good army builder, and a variation so you don't have a 50 man army against an 8 man army. A small, inexpensive set. And look how happy they all are! 10/10!
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

This set looks so cool. I would buy 20. Great army builder!!!A 10/10 for everything! Lego should definitely get back to making stuff like this.
Space rocks.
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

ok 3rd set in a row in this castle reviews that included the peasent/thief figure:)
to end it Ben, 1974 will have to be next

ok, now for the real set. I know alot of you love this set, I was amazed to see it at first, wanted to buy it very much, but even to this day, I don't have it. Looking back I think 6102 is better but still it's a great set. I wish TLC will start making minifigs pack again, I really think it's about time. It got the dear shield which is still not that common and was only in another set in 1988 (6054) when it came out. It included a backpack which was again only the 2nd (after 6066). 2 forestman which were nice considering (well the more common forestman though), included as I said the peasent minifig as I mantioned, and 3 other great minfigs for those who loves the Lions and the BF. And as you all know the pitchfork, which I still don't consider that uncommon but nice to have. For a minfigs pack I think you really can't ask for more. I guess TLC will find it difficult to remake, not sure if the molds for the forestman hats still exists and I rather have the old version of BF and not the new one.

Well I guess 9.5/10 cause I like 6102 better a bit.
Still TLC can unite them both and make a real nice minifig pack for us (and as I know them they won't).
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

A perfect set! Villiager, forestmen, BF, and crusader. Wonderful!
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

MAN - now here is a set that should but never will be a legend. We do need minifig packs like this. You get a great assortment of tools, weapons, shields, and minifigs.
Classic smiley, no plot so you can come up with your own. Populate your own little world with as many or as few as you need...

duuude.. what else is there to say? :D

10/10

freak
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

One day a few years back (like 11) I found 6 of these sets on a shelf at an Eaton's store that was liquidating its stock. This was close to the time I came out of my "dark ages". Never since then has there been a minifig pack to compare! 10/10! Will there ever be anything so useful again?
Troy T. Moore
Sir Smittens
Foot Soldier

Post by Sir Smittens »

I only wish I had been into Lego sooner! I would definitely have purchased at least 15 of these! Now, minifig packs are so expensive! 10/10.
Philosophies of my life:

"A PC turned off is better than a PC turned on"

"It's not about who wins...it's about who gets to gloat after they win."
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

This was my first and only castle set growing up.
It wasn't until I got a Night Lord's Castle that my
Castle collection took off... now with Legends, I am able to
buy more!! (or was able to buy more) :(

Anyways....the set itself rocks!! I love the variety. I love
the accessories. Great bunch of characters. Kept me
occupied for hours (and the minifigs alone!!)

10/10 (wish Lego would get some sense that these kind
of sets are worth their money!!)
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

One of the best minifigs packs ever. Not much else needs to be said beyond I wish thise one would be re-released 'cause I'd buy a boatload of 'em.
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

New York Times:
Wonderful.

Washington Post
Brilliant.

Wall Street Journal:
Superb.

Chicago Tribune:
Stunning.

Porschecm2:
10/10

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. :wink:

Cm2
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

What's not to like? You get your standard Classic dudes, plus some rare pieces! 10/10!
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

This is a beautiful little set. Although I unfortuatly do not own it, it provides a nice assortment of weapons and acssesories (don't forget the pitchfork!) which, (unlike other packs lego is churning out) is well balenced with some worthwhile figs. There really is nothing bad about this set. A minifig pack done properly can never go wrong.
"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like heck"

KP 2011!
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Probably the best Minifig pack, past, present, or future.

3 factions and a villager. A good assortment of equipment. I got one of these a long time ago, and the extra guys really helped my (at the time) small armies. If these didn't go for like $30 on e-bay, I'd probably buy more of them.

I would love if LEGO would release a "classic figs" pack containing soldiers and and peasants, but none of those silly kings, witches, or wizards.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

This is my favorite Mini Figure pack of the true packs. I prefer 677 Knights Procession, but that comes with a cart too. 6103 is a great set because it has variety. Two types of soldiers, a villager, and forestmen. The only improvement would be to have more women for our medieval villages. As people mentioned, the accessories are great. This was one of my favorite childhood sets.

I think that this should definitely be a small Legend. Even if the pitchfork was not included, it could be replaced by a rare brown shovel, or some other tool.

Ben E.