weapons site

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
Damien
Grammer Guru

Post by Damien »

I buy exclusively with Albion and ATrim (the latter usually via Christian Fletcher). I'm a stickler for having -real- swords that look, feel, and handle like real swords. No offense to anyone here - but I seriously do not want some clunky, overweight crowbar that's going to break if I breathe on it too hard to be marring my collection.

And I want to stress the safety lesson Username brought forth -- swords are NOT TOYS. Do not take them into the backyard to 'hit things.' Do not swing them around, especially with other people nearby. Treat a sword, even a piece of crap like BudK sells, with the same respect that you would treat a loaded gun. A sword, in whatever form or style, is a -weapon- and is, therefore, inherently dangerous.
Forge not works of art but swords of death, for therein lies great art.
"The Gods made heavy metal and they saw that it was good." - Manowar
KuvarBlodøks
Freeman

Post by KuvarBlodøks »

kelderic wrote:No it is not a crime? Why are you asking. NO one has said or even implied that.
I'll take missed sarcasm for $200, Alex. :lol:
GravGunner
Gong Farmer

Post by GravGunner »

Damien wrote:A sword, in whatever form or style, is a -weapon- and is, therefore, inherently dangerous.
Statement: A sword is just a piece of metal, sharp metal mind you, but it is virtually harmless when it just sits there waiting to be picked up, but when a human being picks it up and holding it THEN it becomes deadly not sooner not later, same goes for a gun, it just doesn't fire for itself(sentry with computer aside)

But I still agree on you that it should be treated with utmost respect, although I have more respect for a real sword then a $200 toy crowbar in custom shape, while the latter could still hurt you you won't have as much pain as when your hit with a decent sword
Blueandwhite
CC Mascot Maker

Post by Blueandwhite »

GravGunner wrote:
Damien wrote:A sword, in whatever form or style, is a -weapon- and is, therefore, inherently dangerous.
Statement: A sword is just a piece of metal, sharp metal mind you, but it is virtually harmless when it just sits there waiting to be picked up, but when a human being picks it up and holding it THEN it becomes deadly not sooner not later, same goes for a gun, it just doesn't fire for itself(sentry with computer aside)

But I still agree on you that it should be treated with utmost respect, although I have more respect for a real sword then a $200 toy crowbar in custom shape, while the latter could still hurt you you won't have as much pain as when your hit with a decent sword
Its not nice to argue semantics.
Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch Batman!!

[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... ueandwhite]My Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/httpwwwflickrc ... eandwhite/]My Flickr[/url]
Knight David
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by Knight David »

There are serisouly great pic's

Thanks,
David