"A Song of Fire & Ice" to become HBO series

Discussion of topics concerning life in the middle ages around the world, including architecture, history, and warfare.
Felix
Serf

"A Song of Fire & Ice" to become HBO series

Post by Felix »

I searched around but didn't see that this has been brought up. Hope this is the right area (it never is :oops: )

A Variety article states George RR Martin's epic series will be made into a series on HBO. This is confirmed on GRRM's official website. If anyone has seen the HBO series Rome, I think we can expect they will do it well. I know I've discussed with many other castle fans that this is one of the most inspiring and addicting fantasy series out there.
Recluce
Landlord

Post by Recluce »

I'm very excited about this! The comic company I work for produced a graphic novel (and another in the works) for GRRM which is a prequel, and we're all eagerly awaiting the cross-over to film.
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

I saw this first in a gaming magazine of all things! This should be awesome, concerning the quality of both the novels and Rome. I for one will see this.
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
Legendary_Corsair
Archer

Post by Legendary_Corsair »

I haven't heard of much about this but I cant wait to see. :P
I am.......a....Future Legend
TheOrk
Master

Post by TheOrk »

George RR Martin's a Song of Ice and Fire series is my all time favorite book series and it soon might become my all time favorite TV series.

Hopefully once I see some of these knights in action, I'll be able to make some minifig versions. 8)
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

TheOrk wrote:George RR Martin's a Song of Ice and Fire series is my all time favorite book series and it soon might become my all time favorite TV series.

Hopefully once I see some of these knights in action, I'll be able to make some minifig versions. 8)
Well said friend.

I've been reading and rereading ASOIAF for years and can't get enough of it. Checking Martin's site is an almost daily ritual of mine and I heard about this the day the article was released but also didn't know where to mention it.
I've been thinking about some Ice and Fire figs for a while (can you say Baratheon greathelm?) but can't get off my butt about it.
I know I typed ASOIAF into MOCPages a while ago just to see if anyone else out there in legoland had even heard about this great series and found only one guy who'd made a pretty impressive Winterfell. He also did a scene of the trident though it was kinda small. I think his user name was Dave Myers.(sp?)
Great news for anyone who likes a more historical and down to earth take on the fantasy genre and if you haven't yet read this do yourself a favor and find book 1 NOW!

Now I gotta get HBO,
Ser Loktar (that's spelled with an 'e' intentionally) :lol:

P.S. Recluse do you have any idea when the second graphic novel 'Sworn Sword' might hit? His site just says soon.
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM