Steward

Post by Brickboy »

7/10 :D
Alan
good times
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

I guess I'm in the minority here. The set's OK. But I saw the torsos of this line as good non-faction army builders. Some went into my burgeoning Viking line, others to a Crusader group. the set gets a 6 of 10.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

This is not a bad set. The colors are great. The style is not so ugly. But what I hate the most in all the sets of Fright Knights, is that they overused (if this word exist) the flames. No need to have so much flame around, at least not on a cart ! :?

I'm not agree with you Jojo, that it's the worste set with 6037 wicth windship. 2848 and 2540 and 6087 are worste. This one (6027) is a mid one.

The use of a barrel for the catapult is interesting.
i give it a 7/10
(I'm surprising myself. I didn't know I could be so generous with a Fright Knight set).
Sir Garth
Apprentice

7.5/10

Post by Sir Garth »

One of the better fright nights' small sets, they weren't to expensive and you got a horse (which the fright knight in the set could use). The catapult isn't great I know, but I think if you want to buy this set you better buy it for the two soldiers, and the much weapons.
7.5/10
*And the bulls arrive in kk2*
Cedric the bull: "Hahaha Leo we're here to- wtf?"
*and the bulls see some happy knights bouncing at each other with carts*
Cedric (shocked): "I guess we got the wrong KK''
Bull soldier (frightened): "Lets go back"
MarioDAlessio
Foot Soldier

Post by MarioDAlessio »

At this time I was collecting Lego castle sets only for the minifgs.

I liked this set because I considered both of these figures together with the dark forrest figure the pick of the fright knights, the studded amour front was the same as from the soccer sets and I understood the front of the other minifig to have a type cuirass as opposed to the earlier silver plain breastplate pattern. (Am I right?)

The set was not overly expensive both knights were well armed and had many additionally useful elements including; red minifig plumes, whip, chrome great sword, horse, barrel, turn table horse hinge and wheels in two sizes.
jokkna
Goat Brigade

Post by jokkna »

The figs are ok and the parts in the cart are ok but the design of it is ehhh... horrible.
Astuanaks
Villein

Post by Astuanaks »

The design is not the best, but I don't really care about designs of sets. I buy sets mainly for the parts.

Good points:
-The figs are good: nice torsos which are useful everywhere, enough weapons, accessories, plumes (!)
-The cart pulling thing is nice. It is a rare piece in my collection.

Bad points:
-I really hate it when I get a horse but not a saddle. This set should include a saddle.
-While we are at it, a lid for the barrel would be nice too.

Best regards,
Stefan
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Astuanax]My Brickshelf folder[/url]
Kozai13
Peasant

Post by Kozai13 »

This is a pretty decent set. A bit unrealistic, but then again, thats what fright knights is. It has some good pieces and accesories and minifigs so its a good set to own. Unfortunately its the only fright knights set i dont own :(
Matt

Check out my brickshelf account:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Matman13

And my brickset profile:
http://www.brickset.com/profile/default.aspx?user=Matman13
Chrislad77
Foot Soldier

Post by Chrislad77 »

This was one of the best of the fright knight mess. If you look at it for just the pieces it's not too bad. Old colors are always nice too.
Spongey
Merchant

Post by Spongey »

This is one of only a couple of pre-KKII sets that I own. Although the catapult itself is shoddy to say the least, the wagon design is fairly decent, and you get a knight with a greatsword as well as a soldier with a short sword.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

I liked the set. I explained why the catapult differed from others as a sort of cultural difference, as in how european swords differ from arabian swords. Another example would be how US Sherman WWII tanks differed from German Panzers. Maybe this catapult has more speed in deployment on/off the battlefield. Perhaps its target is more of thinner town walls as opposed to thicker castle walls.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Jibbajaba
Laborer

Post by Jibbajaba »

I would be lying if I said I thought this was a super-cool set, but had I not been in a Dark Age when it came out, I would have picked up a few. US$6.75 for a horse, 2 minifigs, 2 sets of wagon wheels, the cool swivel harness thing, a barrel, etc. etc. is a good deal. The set is good for parts.

Chris
DanDanLegoman
Freeman

Post by DanDanLegoman »

Hey guys!

I think this set would have worked better as a supply wagon. Ditch the catapult and beef up the wagon itself, maybe make the whole thing 4 studs wide, add some rails on the sides, and add another bucket.

The parts are pretty good though. Two cool soldiers, a horse, two sizes of wheels, a bucket, a bat, a big shield, plumes, a whip, and a big chrome sword.

I'd say this old set woulda been worth buying for the parts at least.
The_Hun
Laborer

Post by The_Hun »

For many reasons that others already mentioned, I dislike this as a set. I still think it was worth to buy it for the two figs, black horse, weapons and accessories (wagon wheels, barrel, whip).

Like every set in the Fright Knight series, the wagon itself is lacking in design, though it's probably fine as the basic frame for some kind of supply wagon MOC. I also hate the colour scheme - one would think they created the Shell promo sets first and liked the red and yellow so much that they based the whole FK line on them. This is from the age when Lego began avoiding putting two pieces of the same colour on top of each other anyway.

On the other hand, the "regular" FK figs, meaning all except the Bat Lord and the Witch, are one of my all-time favourite army builders.
jokkna
Goat Brigade

Post by jokkna »

But this is not the worst catapult lego ever made i think it is nr 5994