Weekly Set Review: Rebel Chariot

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

Not a bad set. Pretty cheap if you're collecting Knights Kingdom. However, I don't really like the chariot design. It doesn't have a professional look to it. It looks like a chariot someone might build who had a very limited selection of pieces.
kajo163
Journeyman

Post by kajo163 »

Hey guys!

I really like this set, bought it a few years back to my self for my birthday :D

I think this is a good set. Appart from some of the other of you I enjoy the design of the chariot very much, sure it's a little bulky but I think it looks great and powerfull, as for the figs, there faces are useless and looks way to evil to use for other people, maybe.

The chrome-shield I like, if I could only find a propper use for it, do'nt feel like it goes together with this evil robbers.

Play Well! Thats the motto!
I'm back, and so is Castle!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

A rather poor design, but relatively cheap, and great source of weapons, and the ever-useful Bull torsos. And, obviously, it contains that lovely chrome shield. Pity it had a Bull on it though. :P
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

The set was great for figs, but not really anything special from the cart standpoint. Still, it was probably the best of the Bulls sets.
coyote
Peasant

Post by coyote »

Cheap parts, a chrome shield and one of the ugliest designs ever. Never appeared in a catalgue(?) and that's good for.

Well ... I dislike it. The part selestion is dumb, ever tried to build something different? I prefer quality models rather than extraordinary chrome thingies.

2/10
When in doubt empty the magazine.
Never share a foxhole with someone braver then you are.
If you're short of everything except the enemy, you're in combat.
Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Redaxe wrote:
The set was great for figs, but not really anything special from the cart standpoint. Still, it was probably the best of the Bulls sets.

Not really.
I think Bull siege weapons is better :wink:
But good sourse of weapons :) .
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

I really like the horse, shield, torsos, weapons, helms, and wheels. A great price for all those things though.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

Cool set. Like the crome shield a lot. Then their are the nice bull torsos. However, the chariot lacks use. Still though, we always can use another horse.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I bought a couple of these just to scrap it for parts. Very rarely do I keep a set built as it was supposed to be anyway, so I had no trouble taking it apart.
Daimyo
Squire

Post by Daimyo »

I never liked the Bulls color scheme, the green looks nasty along with black and red, and the chrome shield has no sense of belonging in this set, period. The design is absolutely horrible, but the crossbows are useful.

4/10
"Alright Kif, let's show these freaks what a bloated, runaway military budget can do"
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

They tried to find a new use for the X-wing gun pieces. They failed. The chariot doesn't look anything like a chariot. It looks like a chest on wheels with a guy on it. The figs aren't bad, and the weapons aren't either. Overall, a 5/10. It's a set with semi-decent pieces that just didn't work as a set.

Cm2
LEGO_KNIGHT
Artisan

Post by LEGO_KNIGHT »

A set which is cheap and a great value for money, IMHO. A lot of useful parts- a horse, 2 Bull soldiers, weapons,etc. Great for army builders. I bought a few sets of these. TLC should release more small sets like these instead of big sets with low quantity of parts and minifigs. I give it a rating 6.5/ 10. :D

Erwin
Skudmunky
Laborer

Post by Skudmunky »

Besides the fact that the chariot looks like it's made from stone, and would probably need 3 or 4 horses to pull it, the set is pretty good.

Chrome sheilds rock.
[url=http://www.skudfilms.hayden31.com]Skudmunky: the one and only.[/url]
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

Although I never got any of these(like many of the other sets in the set reviews). I would defintily buy a bunch now. The silver shield is nice. And you could always use some more usefull helmets and a whip. The playability looks fine. So a 9/10.
Space rocks.
Commander Redbeard
Bailiff

Post by Commander Redbeard »

Alas that these times should be mine... back when this set came out, I was young and stupid... Can you BELIEVE that I only bought one of each set! Nowadays if I saw this set I'd buy every last one. Well, it has two figures, wheels, a horse, tons of weapons... Heck, that would be a godsend for me now, as I'm down to scrapping with stickers and aquanauts heads with cheap helmets for my armies... Ok, my marks... back then, 6/10, now at least 8/10.
Sitting in a midnight glade
Firelight dancing off burnished blade
A Forestman sits
Wondering about the next day
But after three mugs of ale
Let it bring what it may.