Five foot tall fantasy style castle

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
fosterbengoshi
Gong Farmer

Post by fosterbengoshi »

In reply to Sirs Smittance and Terrance, the blue guy doesn't seem to exist anymore. I looked for him tonight, but (not surprisingly) it seems he has been recylced into something else. My girls have been playing with these minifigs and interchanging parts and accessories. So whatever he once was is now no longer recognizable. He did have a strange helmet it seems after studying my pictures more closely. Reminds me of the helmet Rick Moranis wore in that Mel Brooks Star Wars spoof movie (forgot the name).
Foster
Teh Stud
Bailiff

Post by Teh Stud »

fosterbengoshi wrote:In reply to Sirs Smittance and Terrance, the blue guy doesn't seem to exist anymore. I looked for him tonight, but (not surprisingly) it seems he has been recylced into something else. My girls have been playing with these minifigs and interchanging parts and accessories. So whatever he once was is now no longer recognizable. He did have a strange helmet it seems after studying my pictures more closely. Reminds me of the helmet Rick Moranis wore in that Mel Brooks Star Wars spoof movie (forgot the name).
I'm pretty sure that the helmet he was wearing was one of the divers helmets:

Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Yes, the one on the horse is the fig I was talking about. I looks like a KK2 helm, but it can't be, or can it :?: ...
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

In reply to Sirs Smittance and Terrance, the blue guy doesn't seem to exist anymore. I looked for him tonight, but (not surprisingly) it seems he has been recylced into something else. My girls have been playing with these minifigs and interchanging parts and accessories. So whatever he once was is now no longer recognizable. He did have a strange helmet it seems after studying my pictures more closely. Reminds me of the helmet Rick Moranis wore in that Mel Brooks Star Wars spoof movie (forgot the name).
You mean Spaceballs :D
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
Bruce N H
Precentor of the Scriptorium

Post by Bruce N H »

Foster,

This is a really amazing castle. Yes, the girly colors are a bit jarring, but it was for little girls in the first place. It does look a little Neuschwanstein-esque. The whole thing is great, but my favorite details are:
--the landscaping, especially around the dock area
--the tiled floors, especially in that big red and white courtyard
--the places on the outer walls where you have light blue sections set back a stud behind white arches (this pic: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=757089 ) That just looks really striking to me.

Heresy alert - I actually like the use of clone blocks in the landscaping--the variety of greens gives it a more natural look than having all one shade.

Bruce
Chancellor Erik
Apprentice

Post by Chancellor Erik »

Must...kill...megabloks :evil: !!!
Remember, when you reach for the stars, they're too far away and its hopeless. And even if you could, that would burn your hand clean off. - Wally, from Scott Adams' "Dilbert"
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

WOW! The scale is stunning. You have two lucky little girls. Don't get rattled by the anti-MB rhetoric here foster. Don't ever let your imagination be stymied. You can always go back and Lego back-engineer later. Great work.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
forester3291
Merchant

Post by forester3291 »

This is great. And as Bruce said about the pink colors...well,it was built for s. Some of you really jumped on the fact that he used MB. But hey it looks great. The only thing that gets me is that timmy. Timmy is evil.
Space rocks.
fosterbengoshi
Gong Farmer

5 Foot Tall Fantasy Castle

Post by fosterbengoshi »

Thanks Bruce. Those details took a lot of planning and trial and error. BTW, at the bottom of the picture you linked there is a small sea cave in the landscaping. Can't see it too well in that link. Here's a better one http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=757083
Foster