Give us new Legends

Open message to The LEGO Company. We make no guarantee that anyone from LEGO will actually read them, let alone respond!
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

timber_wolf wrote:
What makes you say 6086 is under consideration?
Not too sure about it, but I think TLC knows how many looking forward to that. The reason I believe they do cause on one of their survey they asked if we would like to see the Black Knight's again? and I'm sure that most us voted "sure we do". I think this question is really reffering to 6086 set, I know that Black Knight's had more sets then that one, but we all considered that one as a high priorty so I believe TLC meant for that set. And of course it will be great. Since most of the old castle sets were more grayish, a set with most black pieces would be better because of the new colors.
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I would like to see some Forestmen sets rereleased.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Rubberchickenknight
Squire

Post by Rubberchickenknight »

I would like to see some Forestmen sets rereleased.
Yay robin hood's on my side :twisted: forestmen rule!!! :twisted:
"When you are wrestling for possession of a sword, the man with the handle always wins." - Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Sorry Mr. Webrain, but your prediction about 6086 sounds more like wishful thinking than anything based on fact. Of course, I would buy one (or more) if it was a legend. That was the last thing I drooled over before entering my 10 year long dark age.

Personally, I think 6066 would make a great legend, and I would buy at least 4 of them if they were available. I think it has a better price point for a legend than 6086.

Unfortunately, TLC just put out a Legend and a new Sculpture, so the odds of more exclusive sets coming out has just grown smaller. I also don't think they want to compete too much with KK2 - that product line needs all the help it can get! We had 3 great castle sets available for 2002 and 2003, which were off years for Castle at the retail level. This year, some supposedly "real" castle sets are coming out, so they may want to hold off on castle legends for a while.

They probably figure that if we don't have a choice, we will buy the KK2 stuff. If something better is available through S@H, then we would probably avoid the KK2 stuff.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Rogue wrote
Sorry Mr. Webrain, but your prediction about 6086 sounds more like wishful thinking than anything based on fact. Of course, I would buy one (or more) if it was a legend. That was the last thing I drooled over before entering my 10 year long dark age.
Not really. I don't like that castle at all to be truthfull. Out of all the castles it's position for me is no more then 6 (yeah yeah now everybody will wanna kill me)
Personally, I think 6066 would make a great legend, and I would buy at least 4 of them if they were available. I think it has a better price point for a legend than 6086.
6066 and 6054 are much more better legends in opinion then 6086. Both of them are great sets and in the way I see it, kids will enjoy them much more then 6086.

So believe me when I say 6086 is not my wishfull thinking, I truely believe that TLC is focused on that set for the next LEGEND but it could be a while now for that.
Brickboy
Steward

Post by Brickboy »

Man Webrain I hope you have your facts straight.
Alan
good times
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Brickboy wrote:
Man Webrain I hope you have your facts straight.
Yo, I never said I promise you anything, I don't work for TLC and I don't make miracles. That's my hunch about the subject.

We had a previous discusstion about it here as well. Can't find it right now though.