Sneaky peak at Castle's future

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Lego is now spoiling us. As it is I am always broke. This is too good to be true! Thank you lego!

Maybe the quiver is a proper waist quiver instead!!! Lets be positive about this. Good addition! I love the forest sets/ I had almost all the forestmen ones from years ago ( sadly except the river fortress which looked like it would have been amazing).

A picture of said map would be very nice anyone who has it.

R
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Athos,

I hope they continue to release skellies and the other factions at various times in the next few years. Lego has something good here. They need to run with it. I think this could be the golden age of lego.

So I did a million searches on both yahoo and google search under anything I could think of for the map and got nothing. I might have to find the lego mag and get it.

R
albero78
Bailiff

Post by albero78 »

Athos wrote:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Pigbrick/Onua/elf.jpg

Looks like the elf has an Indy-style pouch on. That doesn't bode well for the quiver, since you can't have both. Personally, I think he looks more hunnic/barbarian than elf-y.

Steve
I'm ver vey happy for the news but I agree with Steve about his judgment on the picture: it doesn't really seem like an elf, but more as a barbarian warrior.

Elves must be beautiful and tall, wearing high helms or just blonde hair and wearing cloaks and not strong armors. I hope that the minifigs will follow these simply rules.

I love the dwarfes and humans. I like also the undead but I don't really like the orcs (they are too similar to each other...and they don't have many details).
It is true that the orc are still waiting their headquarters.

Another thing very important:
if the good races till now are: humans and dwarfes (shields colours)
and the evil ones are: orcs and undead (shields colours as well)

and if one race is gonna be added (probably on the good side), they'll be 3vs2, and so... what about a sixth race??!?!?

Andrea
Andrea Albertazzi
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=albero78]MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY[/url] | [img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9002/itarp2.jpg[/img]
Fenneke-Jose
Peasant

Post by Fenneke-Jose »

The bad side:
- Undead
- Orcs
- Trolls

The good side:
- Crownknights
- Dwarves
- Elfs

So it's 3 against 3, or do I miss something?

I am hoping for sets like we had in the past for the Forestman, so a little tree house or a big (water) fort and a boat for the elfes.
And maybe some sets for the other factions, like a treasure cariage of the Dwarves and of course a big Castle/Fort that can be connected to the Dwarves Mine.
Hopefully Lego will also release battle packs for the Dwarves and Orcs and later on for the Elfs.
Last edited by Fenneke-Jose on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
babyjawa
Steward

Post by babyjawa »

Elves must be beautiful and tall, wearing high helms or just blonde hair and wearing cloaks and not strong armors. I hope that the minifigs will follow these simply rules.
But that is what you consider to be an Elf. My views are different, and I bet the people at Lego don't think of them exactly the same as you. So just because you think it one way, doesn't mean everybody else thinks it that way.

If I don't like their elves, I'll just keep making my own. :)
My life is based on a true story.
wallgorn
Freeman

Post by wallgorn »

Interesting!
RichardAM
Merchant

Post by RichardAM »

Win.

Also, female elves? Hopefully, yes.
albero78
Bailiff

Post by albero78 »

babyjawa wrote:
But that is what you consider to be an Elf. My views are different, and I bet the people at Lego don't think of them exactly the same as you. So just because you think it one way, doesn't mean everybody else thinks it that way.

Yes of course it was my opinion.

About the Trolls: should we consider them a faction?
Andrea Albertazzi
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=albero78]MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY[/url] | [img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9002/itarp2.jpg[/img]
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

My only wish is that this isn't a pure archer faction..

Hey is that a new quiver on his back?
Last edited by Sir Vincent on Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

albero78 wrote:
babyjawa wrote:

Yes of course it was my opinion.

About the Trolls: should we consider them a faction?
Trolls is a faction, Orcs isn't a faction. LEGO calls the "Orcs" Trolls and the "Trolls" Giant Trolls.
greendragon420
Villein

Post by greendragon420 »

Sigh...i have barely finished buying the 1st set of castle sets with all the skellies and what not. Then i the orcs and dwarves came i got 2 battle wheels but no dwarf mine...yet :D Now i see this and think how many jobs do i have to get this spring and summer to keep up with this madness not to mention the other sets out or comming out that arent related to castle but still worth buying.But its nice to see elves along with the rest now we can all do 10,000 remakes of LoTR.
We've had one breakfast yes,but what about 2nd breakfast?
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

This is great!
The helmet looks very interesting.

DNL
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

i'll post what i posted on EB!
--------------------

next 3vil faction? how about lizardmen!! i think the third faction will most likely be in mf size. nagas are slightly larger and more obscure to the casual fantasy fans and lego fans alike, so they won't be that good of a hit. most however can relate to lizardmen though, i think. and we already have the killer croc from batman as a model of what lizardmen can be! and in most fantasy, lizardmen are expert scouts and archers, just the right matchup for the elves!

edit: other ideas would be gnolls, goblins and kobolds. :P or just call them dogmen. :roll:
boses
Man-At-Arms

Post by boses »

I think lizardfolk would be cool...something like this maybe...

However, I think that a bunch of monsters, but no real faction would help flesh out the new Castle world...a dozen or so creatures that have no real alignment other then to torment the human/dwearven/ and elven races...kind of like the preliminary Viking sets, several mythological and fantasy baddies for the people to fight...
"Life is a blooming miracle, all wrapped in a package of light, and the hands of God are ever strong for doing what He might..."
---brickshelf---

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boses
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

The rest of the map:

One
Two