2008 Castle Chess set....insane.

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
LORD DOOM
Master of Brickwankery

Post by LORD DOOM »

Keep on bringing home the bacon LEGO©!!!

I don't hear anyone complaining.

This is seriously intense.

I'd venture to say this is the first time TLC's brought anything of such magnitude to the Castle line.

There they all are. In little rows. Hordes of some of the greatest Minifigs of all time, surrounded...no...submerged by hordes of useful parts and accessories.

I'm setting aside money and I pray there's enough produced to go around and leftover so's we all can get duplicates if we desire.

Just plain straight up freakin' awesome.
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

I found this set this morning at another site and WOW! The detail and decoration is just incredible. Definately worthy of display on my livingroom table. As an army builder and a general brick supply it will be a great set for me. Dwarves are in short supply in the upcoming sets and they all have the red beard as far as I can tell. These dwarves are a mix and all different weapons etc. Impressive! I highly doubt there will be any glue involved with this set. I am new here but I wasn't thinking 150.00 USD as no castle set I've ever seen has reached that lofty sum. But I suppose it is possible. Sure it may have a lot of pieces but most of them will be small. I guess we will have to see what the price will be. I am wondering if the box will serve as storage for the set or not like the past chess sets?

All I can say is finding this set has saved me a ton of money... as I was going to go out and buy another 3 dwarf mines just for the dwarves?! I would rather spend it on this and get all the other figs and pieces. My lego armies are now over 1100 figs and I can't wait to add a couple hundred orcs and about 75 dwarves to the count... This will be an expensive year for me but not nearly as much as the $2500.00 I just spent catching up on what I missed during my dark age.
Mog
Freeman

Post by Mog »

Wow.

It makes sense, I suppose. They want to make a new chess set every year, but this is the first time since they've started Chess that they have the same theme two years in a row. It's not like they can make the same set again! Throw in the fact that Chess most likely appealed more to older players and AFOLs anyway, and they now have Castle Tic Tac Toe (please please please re-release it!) for their "low-end" board game, and it only makes sense for Chess to go upmarket.

I would guess $150, although I really hope it's closer to $100. Either way, though, this is going to be my Christmas present to myself. :wink: I'll have my Castle advent calendar counting down to the new Castle Chess...bliss!
I collect LEGO themes that start with "C." And Pirates. I call them "Corsairs."
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

I'm supposing that we'll be able to build this set as opposed to glued tiles and the like? That in and of itself would make this one of the most valued sets of Castle of all time.

This would be THE castle set to have and one which afficiandos will talk about twenty years from now.

I'll finally be able to tile my castle floors!!!!
Last edited by Blue Monarch on Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
Blue Monarch
Bailiff

Post by Blue Monarch »

Oh P.S. I hate it when I come to classic castle (not!). Everytime I come there's something new and exciting just around the corner!

Actually... there are a lot of Lego sets that I would have missed if you all didn't give us head-up. So thank you to all you contributors!
The term "Hobby" allows you to explain to your relatives why you still play with toys...
Escape The Fate
Foot Soldier

Post by Escape The Fate »

Post deleted by Admin
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Post deleted by admin
DNL
Master Builder
Master Builder

Post by DNL »

Post deleted by Admin
Sir Kohran
Sheriff

Post by Sir Kohran »

Post deleted by Admin
Odysseus
Laborer

Post by Odysseus »

Post deleted by Admin
natelite
Foot Soldier

Post by natelite »

Post deleted by Admin
Emp.Justinian
Archer

Post by Emp.Justinian »

Post deleted by Admin
Support the true king, Support SavaTheAggie!

A proud member of the Legion of Aggie

I Pledge Allegiance to SavaTheAggie
and to the empire for which it rules
one Empire under One Admin
invincible, with tyranny and injustice for all.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I was deleted, so apparently SOMEBODY leaked news. I suspected it since the news was nowhere else to be found. All I can say about the news is that you all had better plan on saving some money or working extra hours to afford things you know you want from various themes already. HOTCAKES!!! :shock:
Last edited by Count Blacktron on Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

Post deleted by Admin
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Post deleted by Admin