Dragons

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Dragons

Post by Robin Hood »

I have always loved dragons, but I haven't the foggiest idea of how to make big ones. The only one I have ever used is the small ones you get in sets. I am thinking about making a dragon, but I have not the slights idea of how to. Espicially the joints. Please give me ideas.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

What size? See some of Anthony's here: http://www.ikros.net Basiclly the clicky joints are the best, since they are strong in numbers, and hold the position well. Be sure to have lots of slopes for building the body as well.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I was thinking about the size of Anothony's, perhaps a bit smaller. Also, I was thinking more of how to say, make the head rotate. or the shoulders.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Good luck! I've never made a larger dragon, in spite of the fact that a dragon figures prominently into my wannabe story. Its a big one too. I guess I'm just too chicken.

I agree that you should check out Sava's dragons, but you should also see if anyone else around here has made any dragons. Surely Sava isn't alone!
Snoopy
Archer

Post by Snoopy »

I've made a dragon before. It had great function: flapping wings, a mouth that could open and close, the ability to "spit" a 1x3 red block up to 10 ft., and a flexible tail and legs that could fold up against the body during flight.

However, I did sacrifice some looks to make the wings work.

I know that Brickboy has built a dragon too.