Pirate Blog?

Discussion of general LEGO topics
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Pirate Blog?

Post by Elephant Knight »

I was wondering the other day if there is a blog for Pirates? I thought about starting one, but I don't know if there is one already.

Any help would be appreciated.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
JoshWedin
Chevalier de Chèvre

Post by JoshWedin »

I don't believe there is a Pirate Lego blog. Eurobricks has a very active Pirate forum, but I haven't seen a blog.

Josh
AFOL and his money are easily parted.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/ak_brickster/8 ... hotostream][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8252/85336074 ... 2a10_t.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.Brothers-Brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]
SlyOwl
Apprentice

Post by SlyOwl »

Yes, the EB Pirate forum is great. The associated portal, www.classic-pirates.com has what could be considered a blog on the frontpage - MOCs, polls, announcments, contests e.t.c...however, it is currently undergoing an ISP change, so is offline at the moment, although should be back by later this evening (GMT) or tomorrow. :D
There are plans to make it more like a blog in the future, when Mr Phes sets it up :shock:
mister_phes
Gong Farmer

Post by mister_phes »

Howdy folks! SlyOwl has informed me that you're interested in a Pirate LEGO blog.

Yes, the frontpage of Classic-Pirates.com acts a blog where we feature announcements, MOCs, set reviews, polls, the release of a new articles and comics, or anything topic that would act as a catalyst for great discussion.

At present the frontpage is coded in HTML which SylOwl himself updates. In the future I intend to set up a Wordpress driven blog (like you'd find on websites like the Brothers Brick or Klocki) so it's easier for people without HTML experience to update.

It's just a matter of me finding the time to set it up and figure out how it works. However, I can't give an estimate how far into the future this may be.

But we very much welcome contributors and I'm happy to offer basic HTML training to anyone interested in contributing.

Classic-Pirates.com also has a mailing list which is a monthly digest of the most interesting new items. This is for the benefits of those who don't visit the website or forum on a regular basis.

You can subscribe here or view an archive of previous newsletters here.

Hope that helps you!
plums_deify
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by plums_deify »

Phes? Nice to see you round these parts. Good work, too, with what you've done for the Pirate Community. :)
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Be Smart. Be evil.

Sister Brick @ [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]!
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Thanks Mister Phes. This is exactly what I needed, so I subscribed! I really enjoy Pirates, but don't quite have the time to check it out all the time.
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Elephant Knight
CC Spriggan
CC Spriggan

Post by Elephant Knight »

well thats certainly nice to know that there is a Pirate blog. Thanks for the info!

Now to go check out that site.

EKnight
It's not what you say it's how you say it.

Flickr, Colour it Blacktron, A Pirate's Life
mister_phes
Gong Farmer

Post by mister_phes »

Quickblade22 wrote:Thanks Mister Phes. This is exactly what I needed, so I subscribed!
Elephant Knight wrote:well thats certainly nice to know that there is a Pirate blog. Thanks for the info!
You're both most welcome! Anything to spread the love of LEGO Pirates!
Darkie wrote:Phes? Nice to see you round these parts. Good work, too, with what you've done for the Pirate Community. :)
Thanks Darkie! I'm quite interested in Classic-Castle too but the Classic-Pirates interest seems to consume most of my time and therefore I can't participate in other forums as much as I'd like to.

By the way - congratulations on your promotion to Moderator!
Aharown
Apprentice

Post by Aharown »

This is good to know. Thanks for the info, Mister Phes.

Pirates = :D
<><
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Is Classic Pirates going to have it's own forum? I hope so because the forum that there is a link to states that you must be over 18 to join.
SlyOwl
Apprentice

Post by SlyOwl »

castlebuilder100 wrote:Is Classic Pirates going to have it's own forum? I hope so because the forum that there is a link to states that you must be over 18 to join.
No, this has been discussed before. Given that the Eurobricks Pirate forum is flourishing, there would be no point creating another practically identical community that would rival it. All the topics would be the same and so would the members. :shock:
Anyway, many members on Eurobricks are under 18 - I am for one. As long as you behave maturely (the standard here is a rough approximation), there won't be a problem if you join. :wink:
Also, if you sign up to Eurobricks you get access to the rest of it aswell as the Pirate forum. :D
castlebuilder100
Man-At-Arms

Post by castlebuilder100 »

Thanks SlyOwl.
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

SlyOwl wrote:Given that the Eurobricks Pirate forum is flourishing, there would be no point creating another practically identical community that would rival it.
Uhm, did you guys not realize that Classic-Pirates.Com and the EuroBricks Pirates Forum are ONE AND THE SAME THING! :D

The whole thing started on EB and then they added the C-P.com webspace as a front page/index tool but everything indexed is on the EB forums!

So, to summarize, there is only ONE Classic-Pirates community and it currently lives on EB.
SlyOwl
Apprentice

Post by SlyOwl »

Tedward wrote: Uhm, did you guys not realize that Classic-Pirates.Com and the EuroBricks Pirates Forum are ONE AND THE SAME THING! :D
That's what I said. Classic-Pirates acts as a portal for the EB Pirate forum, so creating another identical one on the portal website would be useless. Maybe I didn't phrase it right, but I do update the frontpage :wink:
Tedward
Squire

Post by Tedward »

SlyOwl wrote:
Tedward wrote: Maybe I didn't phrase it right, but I do update the frontpage :wink:
My bad phrasing/quoting this time. :oops: