Is Castle siege a money waster?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
TheMaster
Peasant

Post by TheMaster »

Is it still in retail shops in the US? If so do you think that it will still be available in December because I'm going to America then.
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

They still have plenty in stores where I'm from, in New Jersey. Toys R Us and Target are the best places to get the new Castle line, actually. And yes, they should still be around in December.
TheMaster
Peasant

Post by TheMaster »

You think Legoland would have stock?
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

Legoland sells Legos?

...now I'm expecting a facepalm for said act of stupidity....

Anyway, yes, most places should have it, but especially and official Lego store of any fort.
RocketSeason
Serf

Post by RocketSeason »

Yeah I am a fan of that set. Good castle parts for sure.
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

This looks like a neat set, and I am tempted to hunt one down.

Hmm....
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Welcome to The master. I hope you find these forums helpful. I sure have.

I have 4 of the KCS (Kings Castle Siege) myself. It has an amazing number of useful pieces. For the price there is no better set out there. If you are into building castle MOCs this a great set for parting out and building other castles with.

I personally like the crown knight figures. The skeletons while difficult to pose do embody the feeling of an evil army very well. I also enjoy the recent version of the dragons. Even if you don't go in for the figures you can always seperate with them easy enough on e-bay and probably make enough money for a downpayment on a dwarf Mine. Another great set from this last year.
Griffin
Gong Farmer

Re: Is Castle siege a money waster?

Post by Griffin »

TheMaster wrote:Hi i'm new to this website

The last Castle I bought was the 2000 one which was a waste in my opinion
Is Castle siege much better?
Castle siege is not a money waster!!!
Because it has a great amount of minifigs!!! 8)
gormadoc1
Artisan

Post by gormadoc1 »

I dont actualy own one (I will in 16 days) but the reveiws I've seen and the accesories and things are great. I definetley would by it. Also it will fit on one of those big grey base plates so you can add to it if you want. :D
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.
Nicker
Peasant

Post by Nicker »

In my opinion there are some serious design flaws with Kings Castle Siege. The main flaw is that it doesn't have a gate house for the portcullis. This follows the same poor gate design as other recent large Lego castle sets in the past 10 years or so. :mad: I don't remember seeing any real historic castles where the portcullis sticks way up out of the battlements when it's raised. They should have either left the portcullis out with doors instead or built a proper gate house for it. Instead of that huge dragon they should have included more knights on horseback or other mini figures to man the castle. I'm not sure I really like the main tower design either, it just look a bit weak. On the positive side of things I really like the drawbridge design with the boom arms that raise and lower it. The drawbridge design is very accurate to historic castle design. :) I think it's pretty sad that the last large Lego castle to have a proper gate house was set 6090 Royal Knights Castle from 14 years ago! :( If I got this set I would mod it to have a proper gate house. We really shouldn't have to do Legos design work for them though. :mad:
Classic castle fan to the core!
My Blog http://nicksbricks.blogspot.com/

My collection http://www.brickset.com/search/?owned=1
wallgorn
Freeman

Post by wallgorn »

I just bought two King's Castle Siege yesterday at my local Toys R Us. I bought two, because someone posted instructions on Brickshelf to build an alternate model of KCS that combines two to make one larger castle. Its big. The castle took me about fourteen hours to build and is stationed up on my dresser.
Papy.G
Laborer

Post by Papy.G »

Here in France, Toys'r Us often set sales like buy 3 lego boxes, the less expensive of three for only 1 euro.
Do you think there will still have KCS this december? Will they accept that I take 3 identical boxes?
Not that I am greedy, but I have to plan this with some afols around.

The availability is a concern since there is no castle in TLC's current catalogue, and they are fading out of the shelves in these stores. Beside it, I can still see Soldier and Wizard impulses in little stores around.
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]
domboy
Freeman

Post by domboy »

Papy.G wrote:Here in France, Toys'r Us often set sales like buy 3 lego boxes, the less expensive of three for only 1 euro.
Do you think there will still have KCS this december? Will they accept that I take 3 identical boxes?
Not that I am greedy, but I have to plan this with some afols around.
I don't see why not... here in the US Toys R Us is currently having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on Lego sets, with the free one required to be of equal or lesser value to the other two. I would not be surprised if the sale you described works in a similar fashion.
Papy.G wrote: The availability is a concern since there is no castle in TLC's current catalogue, and they are fading out of the shelves in these stores. Beside it, I can still see Soldier and Wizard impulses in little stores around.
I have no idea if you'll still be able to get it in France in December. According to brickset.com it's still available in the UK, but no longer in the US:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7094-1

However, the brickset site also says the Troll Warship is no longer available, but I saw it in Toys R Us just yesterday... :?
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

There were two sets available at TRU yesterday.
domboy
Freeman

Post by domboy »

Username wrote:There were two sets available at TRU yesterday.
Didn't see it at my local store, but it is still for sale on their website...