Important Update: 7979 Castle Advent Calendar

Buying, Selling, or Trading LEGO or Castle related items
AmberStone
Serf

Post by AmberStone »

TheBohrok wrote:My first attempt at ordering through the SAH number failed. I was recommended to the Customer Service number, and then my order went smoothly. I talked to Andy. If you're trouble with the first number, try Customer service and they should be able to help. Thanks again Ben for helping to set this up!
I had the same problem but a nice lady helped me the second time. Thanks CC & Ben for setting this up!
the enigma that is badger
Apprentice

Post by the enigma that is badger »

Ordered! Slightly more expensive as Chicago has one of the highest sales tax in the country (thank you, Todd Stroger), but worth it.

My thanks as well to all the hard work that went into making this possible!

badger
For no one, no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. This you can trust.
[url=http://flickr.com/photos/enigmabadger/]Flickr[/url]
nanuck95
Court jester

Post by nanuck95 »

I just ordered one well. I called the regular S@H number and was also referred to the customer service #. The second time I called (1-800-835-4386) I got through to someone that knew what was going on. I only had to wait about 4 minutes the second time I called, it wasn't too bad.

Thank you very much for setting this up, this works out to about half the cost it would have been to order one from Europe. Also thanks to TLC for being willing to be flexible and offer this to us in North America.
Quickblade22
22 times da man

Post by Quickblade22 »

Got mine even after a revalation this morning that my financial situation maybe about to get worse. Ben did an outstanding job, and for me to back out now would have been shameful for me. When ordering, I asked for The Classic-Castle Advent Calender by mistake :oops:
Chief Smithy of Brick Forge
I buy LEGO, I play with LEGO, therefore LEGO are not for children, they are for me!
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Order sent, the nice female customer service rep handled my order smoothly. She offered the City advent calendar as well but since Ben suggested that we limit the time on the phone (and I'm starting to save for xmas) so I declined. Whew! One less "must have" set for this year.

Many thanks to Ben for the hook up on this, first the Good Wizard and now the Calendar. Cheers also for LEGO openning up the storeroom and doing their part as well.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
JCool
Apprentice

Post by JCool »

Just ordered my two copies a short while ago. Had the wrong number at first, but when I tried 453-4652 I got on the phone with a service rep and she knew right away what the deal was, and she was very friendly too!

Total came to $68.53!

Thanks again for all the hard work Ben!!!
-Joe "Cool"
ffilz
Foot Soldier

Post by ffilz »

The bit that was annoying is that you can't tell if you are going to be funneled to the overflow people who can't take the order. I called the 453 number once, then the 835 and got rolled over, and finally on the third try I got through to a regular customer service order person.

Slightly frustrating but I am eternally grateful.

Thanks Ben and the LEGO folks who made this happen.

Frank
foxdobbs
Peasant

Post by foxdobbs »

My order went smoothly. Ben, thanks again for facilitating this opportunity!

Cheers,
~Cedrus
The Brick Rat
Laborer

Post by The Brick Rat »

I signed up on the intial list, but missed seeing this one. Still, the code was emailed to me and I now have two sets on the way. Thanks Ben (and anyone else involved) for making this happen.
Roaglaan
Archer

Post by Roaglaan »

Ordered mine

Many thanks to Ben and everyone else involved.

Roag
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26056914@N03/]My Flickr[/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Roaglaan]My Brickshelf[/url]
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=roaglaan]Roaglaans Customs[/url]
Gumby
Steward

Post by Gumby »

I got my 2 (with 5 minutes to spare)! :)

Although this is the first item I bought without knowing the price beforehand. Forgot that in Canada, I wouldn't be paying the US price of $30. Thinking back, maybe I should have only ordered 1...

Thanks to all those who made this happen.

Sure, even though news of this set being available in limited numbers got out to the "public", everything kinda worked out in the end thanks especially to Ben. [where's my winking smiley]
-Bryan
Troy T. Moore
Gentleman

Post by Troy T. Moore »

Got my 2. Sweetness!

Thank you Ben! Thank you LEGO!

It will be a Merry Christmas indeed...
Troy T. Moore
Crusader
Peasant

Post by Crusader »

Thanks Ben! I got mine. Happy Crusader Family Christmas to all!
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K.Chesterton
Lcuan82
Apprentice

Post by Lcuan82 »

Hey all

Just placed my order for 2 sets as well - I called 1-800-453-4652 and got there after a very short wait.

Thanks Ben

Hopefully we'll show Lego that they made a mistake in not releasing this set in North America, and that market demand from AFOLs remains as strong as ever.

Luke
ELMAS
Apprentice

Post by ELMAS »

Thanks a bunch Ben!
Got mine a while ago. Not a sigle problem!