Little Armory "new faction" entries

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
Morgan19
Artisan

Little Armory "new faction" entries

Post by Morgan19 »

(I thought this'd be the appropriate section for posting these, but moderators please move it if you feel there's a better place.)

These are my three entries for Little Armory's "create your own faction" contest. Each image links to the larger Brickshelf version; you can also click the two links below for the galleries.

Brickshelf gallery (once live)
Flickr

Disciples of Baula, the Horned God

Order of the Hallowed Path

The Bloodpride

m19
MaceyWindu
Laborer

Post by MaceyWindu »

These are nice. Your decals always have a realism and 3-D look. I assume that's intentional. While not exactly holding to true LEGO form they always look very well done.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us."
Morgan19
Artisan

Post by Morgan19 »

Thanks! It's intentional, yes. ;) I've wanted to do my own style instead of just going for a purely LEGO-style.

m19
Blasterman
Steward

Post by Blasterman »

I'm just sad for your cat. :cry:
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

Blasterman wrote:I'm just sad for your cat. :cry:
That's what I was thinking as well. Growing up my family had a black female named Puck (1977 to 1996) and my cat who is 13 now is named Cleo. Cats have added and continue to add so much to my life, like to all who have/have had a cherished pet.

I am hoping that LEGO will revisit the Lion faction like they are doing to the Crown faction. I think your designs are too professional looking for LEGO, not to bag on LEGO designs per se.

While looking great these factions, at least for me, are easy to make background stories for. Nice work here.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

Very nice designs! The Bloodpride is great, I love the blood splatters, very realistic! Good luck!
Morgan19
Artisan

Post by Morgan19 »

I feel a little odd posing this question here, given that Blasterman will probably read it as well, but if I may be so bold... ;) Because we tend to be our own worst critics, I'd like to ask everyone's opinion here.

Each person needs to choose just one of their three designs to move on to the actual voting, and (surprise) I'm torn which one to go with. General responses seem to indicate folks like the purple (Order of the Hallowed Path) and wooden (Bloodpride) ones the best. I'm really happy with the colors and "traditional" aspects of the purple shield, but really like the style of the wooden shield and think it's a bit more "unexpected". Then again, I think the purple shield lends itself more strongly to being part of an actual knight's costume, heraldry, colors, and so forth.

If it were up to you, which design would you choose to "move on" to the next round?

m19
Jelmer
Villein

Post by Jelmer »

The lower one.
Princess_C
Freeman

Post by Princess_C »

I agree, the Bloodpride shield is the best design. The depth of the border and the colors are phenomenal.
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/jedispring/]My Gallery[/url]
MaxiVisVires
Squire
Location: San Diego, CA If I was any closer to LEGOLand, I'd be living there

Post by MaxiVisVires »

Bloodpride easily. I love it.
"The Wise Warrior, When he moves, Is never confused; When he acts, Is never at a loss."
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=kaylinda]Vis Vires Toys[/url] | [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... xivisvires]My Brickshelf[/url]
TriUmp
Freeman

Post by TriUmp »

Bloodpride for sure. Nice that you posted that one, and that was a cruel twist up Blasterman's sleave. :wink:
Hope you can help me on my decission, because I'm undecisive aswell :oops: .
~Declan
Morgan19
Artisan

Post by Morgan19 »

Toss-up between your revised Cheval de Vanguard and The Order of the Skies... I like the colors in the first but think it might be a little too detailed for a small shield. I'd probably say the Skies.

m19
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

If I had to pick, Bloodpride would be the one.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!