Idea Book 250: Week One Review

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Handar
Archer

Post by Handar »

I apologize for dragging up a very old thread, but I figured it was fair game since a link was provided to it from the front page.

I was completely blown away by the scene on page 44 and page 45. There is so much going on. and it's amazing how much could be done with a limited variety of bricks. I'm almost speechless.

With respect to these pages, it was noted in the article:

"We did not build the large castle construction scenes on pages 44-45 because of a lack of specific pieces required for the models. In the future we may revisit these two pages."

I'm wondering if some of the specific pieces were ever tracked down and if you decided to 'revisit' those two pages, Ben. If not, is it still a possibility?
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Handar wrote: I'm wondering if some of the specific pieces were ever tracked down and if you decided to 'revisit' those two pages, Ben. If not, is it still a possibility?
Yaron and I have discussed building that layout some time in the future. We would need additional King's Castles, Guarded Inns, and Siege Towers to complete it.

Ben
Teherean
Steward

Post by Teherean »

I've seen the article on the frontpage. I like it a lot! it has very nice building ideas, but my fav's are the smithy and the bigger stone wagon.
AFOL, Brony, Yeah... I am a child at heart!

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... nfald2.jpg[/img]
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

architect wrote:Yaron and I have discussed building that layout some time in the future. We would need additional King's Castles, Guarded Inns, and Siege Towers to complete it.
I see the need for 2 copies of the Guarded Inn, and a 16x22 baseplate which I think is unique to King's Castle-- but what's the need for a Siege Tower set?

DaveE
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

davee123 wrote:
architect wrote:Yaron and I have discussed building that layout some time in the future. We would need additional King's Castles, Guarded Inns, and Siege Towers to complete it.
I see the need for 2 copies of the Guarded Inn, and a 16x22 baseplate which I think is unique to King's Castle-- but what's the need for a Siege Tower set?

DaveE
It would be helpful for figures, wagon wheels, and various black bricks used in the model. Of course any of these pieces could be bought individually on bricklink.

Ben
Ser Loktar
Foot Soldier

Post by Ser Loktar »

The best part about pages 44-45 were the stocks. I can remember building that as a child. I think I still have the medieval industrial area from 41-42 built in my room.
Man, what a great idea book, I think I built it all at some point,
Ser Loktar
When I was a lad my mother told me that if I stood around all day with my mouth open a weasel was liable to mistake it for his den and jump right in. If you have something to say, say it, otherwise, beware of weasels.
GRRM
Webrain
Journeyman

Post by Webrain »

Ben :D

Good to see from time to time you refresh people mind with those models.

The IDEABOOKS and especially 250 will always remain in my heart

As for those models well the Forge is of course the pure jam and LEGO never really released a set with that concept which is pity.

The 2 blue SPACE plates were rare for me as a kid to build it.