Classic-Castle.com

The source for all your LEGO Castle needs!

Weekly Set Review: Royal King

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

Postby porschecm2 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:54 pm

One of the very few castle sets I own. It's not a bad set, though I can see why people complain. It's certainly not one you'd need multiples of. The torso's not bad though; I've used it alot, and never as a king. Overall, it's a little set that fulfilled its purpose. It doesn't really please the AFOL world much, but kids love it, because they can get a king cheap. 5/10.

Cm2
Think twice. Post once.
Constructum excellentia!
porschecm2
Councilor

Postby ottoatm » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:34 pm

Wow... there REALLY is nothing to be said that hasn't already been mentioned... oh well, I guess that's the price for being MIA in the CC for a week or so... :oops:

I have to agree with the others... it's really nothing special or good to have this set... unless you are looking for some sort of Royal Guard, as stated earlier... but I don't really buy into that from the design of the King's armor/vest thingy... so 3/10... and that may be a lil' to generous...?
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot!
CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Postby quiksand » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:25 am

A late, great set in terms of army building in the last few years. Sure, the crown is not useful after having even one, but you get a figure, a horse, a sword, a saddle, and a shield. Beat that now. Yeah right....

8/10
Why do you need all those minifigs? You'll poke your eye out!
quiksand
Peasant

Re: Weekly Set Review: Royal King

Postby gormadoc1 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:36 pm

This is one of the best simple sets ever. Its just fantastic selling a king on a horse, you could have it to add to something. Its just great 10/10 :D .
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.
gormadoc1
Artisan

Previous

Return to LEGO Castle Sets