My new faction (yes you've heard this before)

Discussion of custom parts made for the Castle Theme
LONGBOW
Peasant

Post by LONGBOW »

yeah, sorry :oops: :oops:
How do I put stuff on brickshelf?
ham jam spamalot
LONGBOW
Peasant

Post by LONGBOW »

Formendacil wrote:
LONGBOW wrote:I already knew that stuff formendacil!
:roll: I read the sillmarillion when I was 11 and understood everything
the post is in a real castles thread by me
No offense intended. I am quite aware that people can read this Silmarillion (not the sillmarillion :D j/k!) at age 11. I've forgotten what age I read it at, but I read it a great many times, and it had been quite a few years since my first read-through.

It was THE silmarillion
ham jam spamalot
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

LONGBOW wrote:
Formendacil wrote:
the post is in a real castles thread by me
No offense intended. I am quite aware that people can read this Silmarillion (not the sillmarillion :D j/k!) at age 11. I've forgotten what age I read it at, but I read it a great many times, and it had been quite a few years since my first read-through.

It was THE silmarillion

Must be a typo. Certainly didn't intend "this" instead of "the" (you might remember similar comments in a different thread about my feelings on spelling: don't criticize, you'll trip).

Although I don't necessarily feel that CAPITALIZATION of the 'T' in 'the' is necessary. Tolkien himself used widely different variants (not letterwise, but capital- and punctuals-wise) in how he wrote the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, so I think that a case can be made there.

But I feel like dirt.

I must go appease the scribes of the gods, lest my name be written into the Annals of Valinor for all time a serious transgressor!

Oops, wait, that would be Angband.

I'll be back once I've attoned.

:D :lol: :wink:
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Post by TwoTonic Knight »

Thank heavens! Somebody can explain it to me at last!

Melkor also known as Morgoth, also known as the Black Enemy, also known as Fred but only on alternate tuesdays, and cursed by the elves as Bigge L'Oser which roughly translates to "The guy who throws lousy parties and suffers from flatulence", but only by those elves that Saw The Light (But Didn't Get the Message), and also known as...

(interminable rambling continues for a long time followed by pronounced breaks of maniacal laughing and increasing periods of incoherent babbling, with escalating shrieks and occasional baying at the moon)
Redwine the Ribald: Stare long enough into the abyss...
Two-Tonic Tippler: ...and you spit into it.

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/corsair/C ... ippler.jpg[/img]
LONGBOW
Peasant

Post by LONGBOW »

I've got a brickshelf account but I can't put anything on it :? :?
ham jam spamalot
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

LONGBOW wrote:I've got a brickshelf account but I can't put anything on it :? :?
Strange, I had the same problem. Lend someone else the password and the picture and He managed to upload it, but I still can't from at home. One of these days I'll try it at work....
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:
Thank heavens! Somebody can explain it to me at last!

Melkor also known as Morgoth, also known as the Black Enemy, also known as Fred but only on alternate tuesdays, and cursed by the elves as Bigge L'Oser which roughly translates to "The guy who throws lousy parties and suffers from flatulence", but only by those elves that Saw The Light (But Didn't Get the Message), and also known as...

(interminable rambling continues for a long time followed by pronounced breaks of maniacal laughing and increasing periods of incoherent babbling, with escalating shrieks and occasional baying at the moon)
I sure hope that post is a a joke. If it is, hilarious! (And even if it isn't! :wink: )

But more importantly, if you or anyone actually DOESN'T understand, I may have to be put under lock and key. Seriously.

(Sorry about two posts in a row: I just scrolled down to the bottom, and read LONGBOW's: missed TTK's [verrry funny!] post.)
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

[quote="Formendacil"]

I sure hope that post is a a joke. If it is, hilarious! (And even if it isn't! :wink: )

Wellllll, yes, it was meant in humor, but some of it was at the good professor's expense - the sundering of the elves can only appeal to the criminally obsessive-compulsive amongst us, for example. :D

wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

No one here is obsessive compulsive...

...my hands are so dirty, must clean them. (Scrub, scrub, scrub) Filthy! Megablocks now they're bleeding! :wink:

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

TwoTonic Knight wrote:Thank heavens! Somebody can explain it to me at last!

I have noticed that The Silmarrilion (and LOTR, for that matter) are great stories, but really heavy on the excessive naming, and thus sometimes difficult to follow. Don't get me wrong... the language is plain enough that any idiot can understand what's going on, but the names can get confusing.
Back on topic: Longbow, what kind of weaknesses does your faction have? From your description, they seem all-powerful, but I've always felt that good guys (these are the good guys, right?) are much more fun if they've got some weakness that they have to overcome.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Two friggin pages and no stickers.

Someone lock this!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
TwoTonic Knight
TwoTonic of Many Colors

Dragon Master wrote:Two friggin pages and no stickers.

Someone lock this!
With language like that, I suppose you'll get your wish. :roll:

doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

Dragon Master wrote:Two friggin pages and no stickers.

Someone lock this!
Patience, my dear lad. The poor boy is having troubles with Brickshelf.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
jamitjames
Gentleman

Post by jamitjames »

But no one is helping him! You don't have any folders, make one then try and put them in there, you most have a folder! Like every one else http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=jamit
[url=http://radio.laml.org/]LAMLradio: LEGO Talk Podcast[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

[obsessivly_offtopic]
It is certainly true that there is a plethora of names of wade through, and certainly the first read through can be painful if you go too fast, but I refute that there are TOO many. I you decreased the numbers of characters (and thus names) you would loose a large part of what makes it work.

And if you enjoy it, you'll come back, and read it again, and as you do, slowly, eventually, you'll be able to sort out just who Finwe, Feanor, Fingolfin, Finarfin, Fingon, Finrod, and Felagund actually are. (Actually, the last two are the same, and don't get me started on Mother-names, father-names, epesses, and Quenya/Sindarin/Telerin/otherlanguages variants.)

And if you think about it, there must be thousands of untold stories, even just pertaining to the lead characters. Who were the wives of Maglor, Curufin, and Caranthir? Did they have children? Who the heck was Gil-galad's parents anyway? When did Galadriel and Celeborn meet? What happened to Melian back in Valinor? How long did Gimli live in Tol Eressia?

The list is endless, and its because of ALL the stuff Tolkien poured into his tales. BECAUSE he poured in way more than the basic bones, the stories, despite lacking character profiles, dialogue, etc., are more than just another background story. They are MORE!

[/obsessively_offtopic]

I hope, from a purely literary standpoint, that your Ainunorians have some weaknesses, LONGBOW: while really great good guy warriors are always awesome, they need a soft underbelly or something, some Achilles' heel, lest, being invincible, they take over the world, and soon lead all to peaceful border (great to live, boring to hear about it), or become enamoured of power, and thus cease to be good.