Shipping Lego!

Discussion of general LEGO topics
bjorg
Serf

Shipping Lego!

Post by bjorg »

Hello lads, I am new to the forum. First of all I am happy to find lads like me, who still love lego. I've been playing Lego since I was a kid. Now, I just gather castle staff. I bye the best parts of every years catalog. The thing is... Lego will not send them to Greece... What is going on? Can't we order Lego like the rest of the world? I don't live in Africa, it's Europe for Gods shake...

Your opinion? :twisted:
knight howdy
Laborer

Re: Shipping Lego!

Post by knight howdy »

well...lego does send to the netherlands so i have no idea.
i gues it's because it's pretty far to send...i'm pretty sure they don't send it to austria to.
that might be it.
you always could check out the site for anwsers.

keep on briuckin"
So....you think you can build with lego.
bjorg
Serf

Post by bjorg »

Maybe they are afraid the Greek post... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I want to order set : 10193 (Medieval Market Village)

I will try to get in touch with the site and let you know!
Shadowviking
Councilor

Post by Shadowviking »

Because they're RACIST. ;)

No, it's undoubtedly a logistical problem. Though I know of at least one LEGO Store in Greece, so you'd think they should be able to send... eh.

If worst comes to worst, you might be able to contact another member (here at CC, for instance) and have them buy something for you, then ship it to you when they get it. You'd probably end up paying a bit more, but at least you'd get it.
...and that's how Equestria was made!
[url=http://www.flickr.com/people/shadowviking/]flickr[/url] | [url=http://receptacle.tumblr.com/]tumblr[/url] | [url=http://tellers-tales.wikidot.com/]teller's tales[/url]
bjorg
Serf

Post by bjorg »

There are a lot of toy stores here in Greece selling Lego. But there is not such a thing as Lego Hellas, that's why the company is not shipping everything. I've contacted a friend who owns a Lego store, and we shall see what he can do for me. :)

P.S. Shadowviking, where do I get to choose an avatar like yours? Is there a gallery around here? :)
Yegos
Villein

Post by Yegos »

bjorg wrote:There are a lot of toy stores here in Greece selling Lego. But there is not such a thing as Lego Hellas, that's why the company is not shipping everything. I've contacted a friend who owns a Lego store, and we shall see what he can do for me. :)

P.S. Shadowviking, where do I get to choose an avatar like yours? Is there a gallery around here? :)

There are at least three LEGO stores in Greece. Two in Athens (one in the city proper - Syntagma Square - and one in the "suburbs") and one in Thessaloníki (spelling?).

This information provided to me from the wifes relatives living in Greece. I will not be held responsible for any inaccuracies as they are the in-laws and therefore subject to my immediate dismissal. :D
jemeinberg
Gong Farmer

Post by jemeinberg »

Well... I usualy reads the foruns (Baaaaaad english)... take ideas... but in this case I can just tell you what I do. Pray for the logistic solution and ask for some relative traveling to Europe or USA to Buy and send me one model or two.

I live in Brazil (Common...It's south america !!!!)... We have lego ? Yes... we have in many stores here... they are expensive ? Yes... very... in most cases they double the price... (Money conversion and shipment)... What I do... check the shop at home... ask for someone to receive for me and Ship... (My brother is living in german... but is returning now... so I got a BIG problem). I just got the market... A realy Good set... I wait about a year to get one !!!!

I realy understand what you fell... And the only solution I got is wait and send a message to lego asking about shipment to here. They usualy say no... :(

I realy hope you can find a good way to Buy on-line. Please... If you find a way... Tell me what you have done (Or who you killed :lol: )

JEMeinberg
Dare to be all that you can be !!!!
bjorg
Serf

Post by bjorg »

Yegos wrote:There are at least three LEGO stores in Greece. Two in Athens (one in the city proper - Syntagma Square - and one in the "suburbs") and one in Thessaloníki (spelling?).
Yes, these stores you mentioned exist mate. Not just them, a lot more. A friend of mine has a store in Patras (another Greek city). I have asked in the Athenian stores and they can't get me the set I need. I called my friend in Patras, he will get in touch with his provider and will tell me soon enough if he can get me the "market set". As he told me, there is not an official dealer here in Greece, that's why they can't get all the parts.

I also send an e-mail in lego.com asking why they do not send staff here. I don't believe they will change their shipping policy but you never know. :twisted:

P.S. Your spelling was right! :)
jemeinberg wrote:I realy hope you can find a good way to Buy on-line. Please... If you find a way... Tell me what you have done
You can check amazon lad. It's a little bit more expensive than the stores, but has a lot of great staff.
outcast
Apprentice

Post by outcast »

knight howdy wrote:i gues it's because it's pretty far to send...
It can't be that, they ship to New Zealand too and thats much further away.
For Empire is no more, and now the Lion & Wolf shall cease.
bjorg
Serf

Post by bjorg »

I'm pretty sure it has to do with post offices. I am waiting for a reply. I've sent them an e-mail yesterday.
jemeinberg
Gong Farmer

Post by jemeinberg »

Well... thanks for the tip... But Amazon dont't ship either.

I alredy used bricklink but my problem is with Shop At Home (And all the minifig collections that I can't buy). :D

JEMeinberg
Dare to be all that you can be !!!!
bjorg
Serf

Post by bjorg »

Then you will have to stick with the solution your brother provides you... Brazil has a serious postal problem. A lot of companies do not send their packs there. I know lot's of online stores that don't... :(
g2
Sir Postsalot

Post by g2 »

outcast wrote:
knight howdy wrote:i gues it's because it's pretty far to send...
It can't be that, they ship to New Zealand too and thats much further away.
And Australia, which is just little bit further than New Zealand. :)