Weekly Set Review: Witch's Fireplace

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

It's one of those quirky little sets that makes me happy for some reason.

10/10!

:D
domboy
Freeman

Re: Weekly Set Review: Witch's Fireplace

Post by domboy »

I had no idea the cat has been around so long... I thought it was a relatively new mold. Duh! Anyway, it's not a bad little set, if you don't mind the fig...
Username
Councilor

Post by Username »

This set would have made a great Halloween impulse set.
Evil Ben
Freeman

Post by Evil Ben »

Username wrote:This set would have made a great Halloween impulse set.
Good call. One of the less absurd Fright Knights sets, and not a bad selection of parts. I'm not saying I want more than one of those heads, mind.
Karalora
Journeyman

Post by Karalora »

This was the first actual Castle "set" I bought, a couple of years ago via Bricklink. I still sometimes pull out the parts and assemble it, just for laughs. Willa/Hubble Bubble has a goofy-looking face but I do like her body design. And as far as I'm concerned you can never have too many cats, bats, or crystal balls.
wunztwice
Knight Bannerett

Post by wunztwice »

Plegh...
Willa. Again.

I'll grant the 75 deg slopes are nice (can never have enough of those) and I don't recall a smaller set with a cat. This set always seemed like more-or-less a lame excuse to get rid of a buncha Willas.

I can normally find some redeeming value to get a set, but this one just reeks of fail. I don't know many kids who would spend their hard-earned $3 on this kinda set, I mean shoot, even the KKII mini catapult was better than this, and it's another catapult.

My humble opinion...
in His grip, Chris

Feed my hobby? [url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=wunztwice]My Bricklink[/url]

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/wunztwice]My Flickr![/url]
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wunztwice/]My Brickshelf![/url](not updated...)
<><
Lord Lego 436
Laborer

Post by Lord Lego 436 »

I personally think that TLC should release more sets like this, and luckily they are! The sets that are small and have a useful minifig are one of the best things about LEGO.
"Humans build atomic bombs, but no mouse in the world would be stupid enough to design a mousetrap."
- Albert Einstien

My MOCpage: http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/16960
vinchenso
Gong Farmer

Post by vinchenso »

cheap like all the other sets ofthis size and time... They don't give so much value for the dollar now.....ANyway the pieces are good with many desiable pieces for a cheap price. Design itself fails a bit, due to simplicity and possibly a 5min design, but based on the fact this is the old lego its excusable. Value for slightly better design and part is the trade off now... This set fits badly with the other sets for fright knights, but perhaps it is a good piece getter and is cheap.
Laird Cashman
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by Laird Cashman »

Hm.... Im not really a fan of wizards and witches, particularly those specified for a faction. Not god parts, either. 2/10.
I am an alien, here to eat you all, regurgitate you, gingerly poke your remains, and then devour them. FUN, RIGHT?!
Sir Prog
Laborer

Re:

Post by Sir Prog »

Formendacil wrote:Well, this set seems to have been SLIGHTLY better designed than similarly sized Fright Knight sets of the same era, but the fact that it has Willa, and not a soldier, really wrecks any reason for me to get this set.

Parts: 5/10
Playability: 4.5/10
Figs/Accessories: 3/10 (an all-time low...)
Design (then): 5.5/10
Design (now) 6/10

Overall Score: 4.8/10
Black bat, black CAT(?!?!), giant crystal ball, haters be ware!

10/10 I'd LOVE a modern [and less "flying mechanisms"] version of fright nights!!

...Oh wait, that was the Crownie/Army of Darkness theme that released while I was broke and jobless. :mad:
For the King's Castle!
evilnailman
Peasant

Post by evilnailman »

I must admit I bought this on ebay for the cat.