CCCVII - Religious life entry - Rebels

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
albero78
Bailiff

CCCVII - Religious life entry - Rebels

Post by albero78 »

Poor peasants have seen the church imposing fees to pay each month and they observe the clergy live a rich and luxury life. It's time to say "enough", its time to rebel.

[Image Image Image

More details:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=412960

Please note that one of the soldiers has understood the right motivations of the rebels and has decided to join them. Below the church there's a prison where an eretic has been imprisoned and there is a "relic hunter", who digs tunnels below the cemetery and take parts from the skeletons which the clergy show the believers as precious relics. Indeed the relics are just parts of the dead bodies of the relatives of the believers! :twisted:

This is the most ambitious MOC I have ever realized and I had to destroy almost all the previous MOCs to get the parts to build this.

Comments/advices/critics are very welcome as usual!
Last edited by albero78 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrea Albertazzi
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=albero78]MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY[/url] | [img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9002/itarp2.jpg[/img]
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Re: CCCVII - Religious life entry - Rebels

Post by shmails »

Very nice job! The best thing to me, and my favorite part of any good MOC, is the fig positioning. The guards racing down the stairs are nicely done. The third picture is a wonderful angle that really captures the mood. :)
Seikfreid
Journeyman

Post by Seikfreid »

shmails wrote:Very nice job! The best thing to me, and my favorite part of any good MOC, is the fig positioning. The guards racing down the stairs are nicely done. The third picture is a wonderful angle that really captures the mood. :)
I agree totally, nicely done! I also especially love the guards running down the stairs to stop the peasants. Humph good luck to them!
outcast
Apprentice

Post by outcast »

Seikfreid wrote:
shmails wrote:Very nice job! The best thing to me, and my favorite part of any good MOC, is the fig positioning. The guards racing down the stairs are nicely done. The third picture is a wonderful angle that really captures the mood. :)
I agree totally, nicely done! I also especially love the guards running down the stairs to stop the peasants. Humph good luck to them!
Have a little faith for the crownies. Some good axe swings and a hand grenade or two and the rebels would be gone. :wink:

Seriously though, this is great. The fig placement is excellent and the use of unusual fig's is brilliant.
For Empire is no more, and now the Lion & Wolf shall cease.
Laird Cashman
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by Laird Cashman »

How wonderfully mischevious and hateful! Laird likes... (I said in my gollum voice)... LairdT'cagy :)
I am an alien, here to eat you all, regurgitate you, gingerly poke your remains, and then devour them. FUN, RIGHT?!
Rick-Ricks
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by Rick-Ricks »

I really like the story behind this moc. And the execution of the story is perfect.
FirebenderDude2
Journeyman

Post by FirebenderDude2 »

Amazing! My only problem with this is:

Why is the guy who had his head chopped off smiling? It's slightly disturbing to my mind. :? :lol:
Woe is me, woe is me, I used to have a hamster tree. Then it got eaten by a newt and now I have no cuddly fruit.
albero78
Bailiff

Post by albero78 »

Hi all,
I was very happy to read all these nice comments. I see you really like the story...ehhehe...
I think a good MOC needs a good story too.

To firebender: it's not smiling, it's rigor mortis!!!!

Thanks again to all of you: it's always good to read some feedback!
Andrea
Andrea Albertazzi
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=albero78]MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY[/url] | [img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9002/itarp2.jpg[/img]