Messed up 7079 : Drawbridge Defense

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
ELMAS
Apprentice

Re: Messed up 7079 : Drawbridge Defense

Post by ELMAS »

BreadMan wrote:Wow, I guess I've been lucky - I can't think of a single time I've gotten a set with pieces missing. The closest thing is I once complained that the viking chess set had four figs with black speckled euro-armor that was cut just before production to save costs but still showed in the box-top pics, and they promptly sent me the four armors which made this customer quite satisfied. If I were you Elmas I'd be stoked - free polybags from a sweet, more expensive set! That'd be worth the wait for the replacements for me.
Yea, I agree. Again, if the have crappy packers/sorters they do a good job compensating with good customer services so, all in all, just a nuisance in the moment but well compensated in the long run.
pijani
Artisan

Post by pijani »

ELMAS wrote: ...

Anyway, not sure if anyone has ran into a situation like this but, makes me nervous.
Usually you *may* have a couple missing pieces here and there but nothing like this.

Is TLC quality and QA going down the toilette?
For all my career of bying LEGo sets (31 years), I've never, and I will repeat: NEVER had a missing part in any of the sets

I was amaised how is it posible that in every set ( and I bought more then 100) there was not even a ONE part missing

anyway, that is my expirience (and I am a Europian buyer)

as long as reliability is about, I must say that LEGO is excelant :)
---
I am still amaised, how is it posible that mashine in factory never made any mistakes? or human error? :))))))))
that is why I love LEGO - what you buy - you keep :) forever ;)
ELMAS
Apprentice

Post by ELMAS »

Just to close the loop on this: I received the missing pieces and was able to build the set. So TLC delivered and the compensated for the issue.
Cheers!
Sheen
Apprentice

Post by Sheen »

I can take the quality issue back a few more years for those wondering if it's just a new problem. Back when i got my King's Castle sometime in the 80's I got two inverted slopes instead of regular slopes. Not having the lovely connections via internet and e-mail back then that we have now, my folks helped me write Lego a letter. It was a long wait for a youngster, but eventually I got back a padded envelope with a very nice reply and the two correct pieces were included.

Wonder if I still have that letter someplace...
Sheen

Avatar photo is a small piece of Black Dragon by Alphonse Capone
albero78
Bailiff

Post by albero78 »

Just yesterday I was building my 7197 - Venice Chase and there was a broken slope.
It happened very rarely in the past but it appears to be much more common.
Andrea Albertazzi
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=albero78]MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY[/url] | [img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9002/itarp2.jpg[/img]
Lewa Rocks
Steward

Post by Lewa Rocks »

Well the Lego factories are all done by machine. So if a human programs the numbers into the computer it's easy to make this mistake... does that make sense. Like maybe they put the number of the set being made into the machine and if one machine has a correct number it will put the right bags into the box, as the box moves down the assemble line the next machine has the wrong number so it puts the wrong bag in the box. But that would cause many sets having the wrong pieces. Though not everyone knows you can contact Lego about these problems so maybe that's why you were first.

I've heard of a few pieces missing and I experienced it too but this is crazy. but as long as Lego is willing to fix the problem it's okay with me.
DraconisTerrena
Apprentice

Post by DraconisTerrena »

I had something similar happen with KCS. I was missing one small bag that included several heads, a visor and some other stuff, and had a duplicate bag of weapons and other tiny parts. I emailed TLG and received the replacement parts within a week.
"A warrior is always joyful because his love is unalterable and his beloved, the earth, embraces him and bestows upon him inconceivable gifts."
-- Don Juan, Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda
Laird Cashman
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by Laird Cashman »

I remember when I bought Vladek's Fortress it had several pieces missing. Though it was secondhand, it was supposedly unopened previously, but that is impossible to know for sure. It may or may not bring TLC to fault. I didnt call TLC because it may not have been their fault, and I had the pieces to fix it.
I am an alien, here to eat you all, regurgitate you, gingerly poke your remains, and then devour them. FUN, RIGHT?!
gedren_y
Freeman

Post by gedren_y »

I bought Royal King's Castle (10176) when it was on sale half off on the website. When I opened it I found that the '2 of 2' instruction booklet was replaced by another '1 of 2'.

This was before I knew anything about Bricklink or the various other places one could find Lego instruction booklets.

This wasn't really a problem because I had only bought the set for pieces, and was only going to build it once to photograph it.
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Post by quaraga »

I also had a problem with drawbridge defence,
my problem, however, was that I got two of bag 1 and no bag 3 but it got sorted out really quickly and in another week I get replacement pcs (plus I got to keep the extra bag one) hope it goes well for you

-T.R.
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...
CodeGeorge
Serf

Post by CodeGeorge »

I had no problems with this. In fact my local Kmart still has 3 of them on their shelf. I think I'll buy 'em, open up a second on and save the rest for future profit.
ottoatm
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by ottoatm »

I can't count the nightmares and tricks have enjoyed buying from other people (through e-bay, etc).

But from TLG, I've never had an issue... I think once or twice the set might have been missing a 1x1 piece (of which I have many, so no big deal), and usually the sets I buy have a lot of extra pieces.

I hope you guys all have better luck in the future - it would be a bad thing indeed if this became more common.
Knight Templar
n. pl. Knights Templars or Knights Templar
1.A member of an order of knights founded about 1118 to protect pilgrims in the Holy Land during the Second Crusade.

[url=http://legelot.50webs.com/mainPages/myStory.html]My Lego Stories: The Land of Legelot![/url]
[url=http://z13.invisionfree.com/Castle_World]CW-THE Lego Story Writer's Guild[/url]