Some statistic about CCC7

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
SlyOwl
Apprentice

Re: Some statistic about CCC7

Post by SlyOwl »

Thanks for doing this again! Always interesting to see the breakdown of results.
I think this will be my last shot at the Master Builder for some years now; got to get on with my life in more important aspects than even the CCC!
Bruce N H wrote:Hmmm, a 27% drop in the number of entries this year. Any theories as to why?
The absence of the vig category could be a part - it's easy and quick to enter, and you don't need many bricks. The Brick Castle category didn't get that many entries because, perhaps, large quantities of rarer colours, or those that castlers don't amass in such quantities, were necessary.
I think that last year rode on the back of the MMV launch a bit (the excellent Advent Calendar too), and there was no equivalent this year...
Elbadar
Artisan

Post by Elbadar »

Cant have been me, I submitted 8 successful entries (and one disqualified one :oops: ).
Back to the front!
jens
Lord

Post by jens »

DNL wrote: There is one mistake in the list though, i didn't submit something to only one cathegory, but to six :wink:
You are right. It was my mistake. I don't know why, but some guys, you included, has a BLANK at the end of the name in my list. Not at all entries, but one. Now the mistake is gone and you are in ;-)
PJCountach wrote:I actually submitted 4 entries, not 3, but considering how much information there is, and the fact that my name made it on your post at all, I can't say I hold it against you.
Same mistake here, corrected.
Bruce N H wrote:Hmmm, a 27% drop in the number of entries this year. Any theories as to why?
Sorry, next year I kick myself and I will enter.

Maybe many of the older CCers have to share the sparetime more and more with the family, and the level of building skill scares the younger one...

regards,
jens
shmails
Bard of the Royal Court

Post by shmails »

Very interesting stats, thanks for the extra effort!

I think I agree with Sly Owl that the vignette/brick castle issue added to the disparity in stats. This years categories were quite specific, which was great for us committed castle builders, but was harder on the casual fan. Last year the vignette and tapestry categories allowed people who did not have large castle collections to get in on the fun easier. Any way, the competition is getting better every year, which also can intimidate some builders into thinking "I don't have a chance" or putting them under more pressure to create something awesome and thus missing the deadline (that happened to me last year).

I do not think the drop in numbers means a drop in talent, as I was amazed at most everything I saw this year! :twitch:
Albatross_Viking
Gentleman

Post by Albatross_Viking »

shmails wrote:Last year the vignette and tapestry categories allowed people who did not have large castle collections to get in on the fun easier.
Although i wasnt here att all by the last CCC, i can imagine that you are right.

Awesome list there, Jens, that must have taken a while to make...

A_V
Lenfel Militia & Minister of Information Distribution
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/t-est/LCC ... ald_fl.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/friskywhi ... banner.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/56213339@N07/]FlickR[/url]
kelderic
Knight Bannerett

Post by kelderic »

Very nice, Jens! It's always interesting to have a compact set of numbers to look at.

As to the dip, I'd say that the success from 2008 may have worked against us in 2009. So many new people joined, many may have decided, after trying it once, not to continue. However, i know for my part, I didn't submit any because unlike the previous year, I didn't spent xmas break at home. Misc reasons like that could have piled up ... ie it could just be a fluke.
Battling with college to try and prevent the dark age.
Griffon
Foot Soldier

Post by Griffon »

Interesting stats and it has my name on it! :D. This has been my first CCC and i loved every minute off it. i have come up with 8 entries but i had planned more, at least one bigger MOC but i did not get it ready in time :( , i'm still working on it actually :D.
Karrde
Bailiff

Post by Karrde »

Average number eh? Cool. I had concepts for all the categories but you just get caught up in building big projects and time goes fast :lol: Interesting read though, thanks.