Arms Race

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations

Do you change the arms on your minifigs?

Fashion statements can't be made without swapping arms!
45%
Every now and then.
52%
No way!
4%
You can swap arms?!?
No votes

Total votes: 56

Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

I take of arms when ever I need to. I don't take appart legs, because it is hard to do, and I am afraid that it will break.
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
Merlin of Lego
Apprentice

Post by Merlin of Lego »

I have never done any of mine but I just bought my friends collection and a large portion of his guys have the arms changed so I have since changed a few of them.
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

I keep all of my minifigure stuff in a tool box that is meant to organize nails and stuff like that. I keep all the arms in a sepperate area from the torsos and all the hands in a sepperate area from the arms. I keep all of the leg assemblies together, but I do take the legs apart quite often.
Andrew_sension
Peasant

Post by Andrew_sension »

Yeah ever since i was 5 ive been taking apart the legs arms and hands, and ive never had one crack :D
"Acetominophen you see the medicine, oh girl!"
Duke_Dave
Reeve

Post by Duke_Dave »

Minifigs are the heart of my collection, and making the best possiable ones usually inclueds changing arms,hands,and sometimes legs(but not often)

Dave
porschecm2
Councilor

Post by porschecm2 »

I'll change anything to get the fig I want. I often change hips, arms, hands, whatever. I always take arms off TTK's way, and I've never broken a torso doing it. I do have some older broken torsos, but they're not broken from swapping arms. I've also never broken a pair of hips removing the legs, and if you do it very carefully, it doesn't loosen them really either. I put one leg in the sitting position, and the other in the standing position, and then slowly apply pressure while 'walking' the leg. If you do it carefully and patiently, the knob that holds the leg on won't be damaged, and hence the leg remains tight.

Cm2
Robin Hood
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Robin Hood »

porschecm2 wrote:I'll change anything to get the fig I want. I often change hips, arms, hands, whatever. I always take arms off TTK's way, and I've never broken a torso doing it. I do have some older broken torsos, but they're not broken from swapping arms. I've also never broken a pair of hips removing the legs, and if you do it very carefully, it doesn't loosen them really either. I put one leg in the sitting position, and the other in the standing position, and then slowly apply pressure while 'walking' the leg. If you do it carefully and patiently, the knob that holds the leg on won't be damaged, and hence the leg remains tight.

Cm2

hmmmm, very interesting. :wink:
I build, therefore I am.

Brave words coming from a guy called grapenuts.
TheMightyTwoAxe
Serf

Post by TheMightyTwoAxe »

I've always removed/replaced arms. I'm rather sure I started because when I was little I dismembered minifigs during battles.
Two axes are better than one :-)
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

I replace arms if necassary. I also re-assemble legs if necessary. Once in a while it is necassary.

Bye
Jojo