Weekly Set Reviews

Rules, Regulations, Announcements, Technical Issues, Etc.
DerBum
Laborer

Weekly Set Reviews

Post by DerBum »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not, but:

With all of the more recent sets that have been released, why are there so many Weekly Set Re Reviews? Some of the sets have been Re Reviewed already, as recently as a year ago. I am not sure that any of the current Castle line sets have had the official Weekly Set Review treatment and many of the KKII sets are absent as well. I's like to finish by saying that I am not complaining, I enjoy the boards and dont want to seem ungrateful, I am just curious.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Re: Weekly Set Reviews

Post by architect »

Typically I will not review a set that is still being sold. (Those may have an in depth article or user review instead.) A well rounded perspective is gained from reviewing a set after it has been out for a few years. When a set is currently available, we are often overly biased regarding its merit or lack thereof.

The other problem is that Classic-Castle has been a site for over six years. The number of weeks greatly outweighs the quantity of released sets. A set review that is old to you may be brand new to a more recent member.

All of this being said, many of the current Castle sets will be ready for set reviews later this year. Other KK2 sets can be discussed now as well. In addition, I try not to have the same type of set back to back. Expecting multiple weeks of KK2 set reviews in a row would not be realistic. I hope this gives you some insight on the WSR selections. Thanks.

Ben
CC Sets Admin