Ever notice this before?(opposite Black Falcon crest)

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Ye Olde Republic
Marquis of Brique

Re: Ever notice this before?(opposite Black Falcon crest)

Post by Ye Olde Republic »

It means only one thing to me...it's a different coat of arms! Meaning, the 'Black Falcon' as he has become known, has probably got a sibling, perhaps even a twin. Army builders should love this because now they can build another army for the Black Falcon's brother to boss around.
Trevor

Trust me, I think I'm funnier than you do.
Why do I have to add the word "minifig" to my spell checker every time I use it?!

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/old_republic/]flickr[/url]
[url=http://angrylegonerd.blogspot.com/]My blog[/url]
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

I'd be more inclined to use much misprints as a way to differentiate a leader or other 'special' figure while keeping the 'fig inside whatever grouping I have...
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
J_MAN
Gong Farmer
Gong Farmer

Post by J_MAN »

I just purchased a couple Black Falcon figs off Bricklink and the falcon heads were different on each one. On one the falcon head faced right and on the other the head faced left. I wonder if the ones with the misprint are worth more.
VanHel
Gong Farmer

Post by VanHel »

I looked through my small collection of Black Falcons and I have none of the misprints. I would love to have one though as a leader of some sort.
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Post by quaraga »

maybe the misprints are the elite of the black falcons. anyway none of mine have the misprint
-T.R.
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...
Velliscig
Artisan

Post by Velliscig »

Kevin1990 wrote:
Count Blacktron wrote:Back in the day when I used to frequent Lugnet we had a discussion about this print variance. Not a big deal, but it is irritating if you have few of the Black Falcons and are trying to make a cohesive unit.
For some of you this might be irritating but for other this is just another collecters item.
for me I've searched all my black falcons and unfortanaly they are all the same. I did wish I had the 2 misprints
I know what he means about units being cohesive; I am incredibly too picky in making my troops perfectly similar, it's almost OCD. As for realism though, it is not a big deal if you have some reversed as a real medieval army, even if quite similar, wouldn't have been perfectly in sync. There's always going to be variations in armor and clothing; about until the Industrial Revolution came along, clothing and uniforms were all crafted by hand. For instance, Civil War reenactors have noticeable discrepancies in their clothing (Stitching, buttons, etc.) because of this. Even in modern times there are slight variations too; it all depends on the manufacturers, the run of the said clothing being manufactured, the materials used, the date, etc.

Bottom line, I like it, and I'm about to go look at my few torsos and see if I have any! (crossing fingers)
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

man, the misprint looks almost cooler :twisted:
I desperetly hope I will get one in some falcon set, it's sooo cool. I like the idea of them being commanders. :)
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen2.bmp[/img]
sidewinderl
Laborer

Post by sidewinderl »

The reversed head torso belongs to soldiers who were in such a rush when throwing on their equipment (they were under attack and caught off guard, for example), that they put their shirts on inside-out without noticing. Like in The Longest Day where the German put his boots on the wrong feet.
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

Very interesting. I rushed to check mine and all of their crests are like the archers. I guess you got a misprint or something :?
Armored Archer
Villein

Post by Armored Archer »

I noticed this misprint on another person's minifigs at a display last summer. Probably nothing but a mistake, but it's fu nto designate the misprints as special. I have a misprint Stormtrooper helmet, so I've always though of him as a officer.
An archer is only as reliable as the string on his bow.
Lioness
Gong Farmer

Post by Lioness »

I am a proud owner of all variations:

left to right: pointy reissue, normal, reversed color, reversed bird (these came in 6030, also some in 6074).

I have a couple of the "reversed bird" ones, but only one with the reversed color, and this one was in an e-bay lot.
BrickSet set collection: [url]http://www.brickset.com/search/?OwnedBy=boba_jagoda2[/url]
BrickShelf images: [url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=boba-jagoda[/url]
BL store: [url]http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=boba_jagoda[/url]
medicus
Gong Farmer

Post by medicus »

Hey you guys,
I saw your post yesterday and that is why I registered last night.
I had 9x of these rare black falcons with falcon facing opposite side.
And I wanted to offer it for Sale here but It took very long for my account here to be activated.

Last night when I put those figs on Bricklink they were all sold within 2 hrs to different parts of the world.
Didnt know they were that wanted....
I will let you know if I find more, anyone seriously interested please let me know. I buy black falcons constantly.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

medicus wrote:Hey you guys,
I saw your post yesterday and that is why I registered last night.
I had 9x of these rare black falcons with falcon facing opposite side.
And I wanted to offer it for Sale here but It took very long for my account here to be activated.

Last night when I put those figs on Bricklink they were all sold within 2 hrs to different parts of the world.
Didnt know they were that wanted....
I will let you know if I find more, anyone seriously interested please let me know. I buy black falcons constantly.
Welcome to Classic-Castle! I am certain that many fans here would be interested in purchasing rare falcon figures in the future. The bricklink discussion was interesting because several fans confirmed that approximately four out of every hundred falcon torsos are in reverse.

Ben
6086ftw
Serf

Post by 6086ftw »

Lioness wrote:I am a proud owner of all variations:

left to right: pointy reissue, normal, reversed color, reversed bird (these came in 6030, also some in 6074).

I have a couple of the "reversed bird" ones, but only one with the reversed color, and this one was in an e-bay lot.

Sorry for this bump but i must say that when going through my collection (its quite big) i found a black falcon with 2 shields on its torso (one black next to the silver falcon print on opposite sides of the torso). If somebody is interested i could show a pic.

So there are clearly more versions than just those 4, on a sidenote i think i have about over 20 of the regular ones where the falcon is just facing the opposite direction.
divonic
Laborer

Post by divonic »

definitely show a pic.
6086ftw wrote:
Sorry for this bump but i must say that when going through my collection (its quite big) i found a black falcon with 2 shields on its torso (one black next to the silver falcon print on opposite sides of the torso). If somebody is interested i could show a pic.

So there are clearly more versions than just those 4, on a sidenote i think i have about over 20 of the regular ones where the falcon is just facing the opposite direction.