King's Castle 7946 Review

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
twevans
Serf

Re: King's Castle 7946 Review

Post by twevans »

LordZode wrote:I also feel the Dragon Knights are woefully under-represented, I for one am not interested or able to buy Dragon Knight Battle Packs, and theirs no way to not have the Dragon Knights outnumbered! Hopefully this is remedied to some degree in a further expansion of the "Kingdoms" line, if and when that occurs.
I agree, I've picked up all the Kingdoms sets other then the battle packs - and the dragon knights get horribly out numbered. I'm hoping the next wave of Kingdoms will include a couple sets with the lions outnumbered.
SevFalcon
Laborer

Post by SevFalcon »

And we definitely need dragon knight barding (or at least some saddles....).
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

This is a great set [stickers and all] and the first full castle that i have bought since the the 90's.
It seems like a more realistic set than some of the recent ones. Not sure how you get inside the throne room or on top of the towers though. But at least the walls are tall enough that you can't just jump off a horse and be over them. I'm liking this alot more than the crownies castle.

Hopefully the Dragons don't get a formal castle like this. i know we need more dragons but this kind of set doesn't seem like the sort of thing the dragons would live in.

If they keep this kind of set standard up for the next few years.. kingdoms is looking to be an awesome theme.
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Post by Athos »

I just put mine together tonight. It reminds me of a modern cross between 6080 Kings Castle and 6073 Black Falcon's Fortress. Though it definitely needs some more men. Guess I'll have to snag a battle pack or two...

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
albero78
Bailiff

Post by albero78 »

I finally bought this set because I find a good bargain.

I was very happy to have in my hands a big castle set since the last one was the 10193 MMV. And this was only my second castle after the 6085 Black Monarch's Castle.

I have to say that I am satisfied by the set: it's really neat and I think it satisfies AFOLs expectations from different points of view.
First of all it is modular and that's great, both for children and for adults, since it's good both for playability and creativity. Then the design is really interesting, in particular the two towers on the back.
The new (for me) system to open the gate, without any wire, is clever and well-thought.
Having said so, I have to admit that the building was a bit boring but I know it is difficult to avoid that in a castle when you have a lot of walls to build.
I think this castle has a lot of playability features and that's very good for children... less for me... indeed I have already an idea to use this castle's parts in my next MOC.
Indeed this set is just amazing for parts (933 parts): a lot of them and really useful.

It goes without saying that I didn't put the stickers on. The new pieces (panel, corner...) are not as bad as expected: they are smaller than their ancestors and that's good. This set is very rich in small parts and that's even better.

Minifigs are ok, but just soldiers and a king. Only one horse is included.

A good castle but I would not pay 100 euros for it.
Andrea Albertazzi
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=albero78]MY BRICKSHELF GALLERY[/url] | [img]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9002/itarp2.jpg[/img]