The elf!

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Baron Greenbriar
Villein

Re: The elf!

Post by Baron Greenbriar »

Highwayman wrote: However, I'm pretty sure we looked a little crazy standing in the Lego aisle examining the baggies with a magnifying glass.
Well, what ever works. But anyway ...Nice! I got to get some too. That's a cool tip.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Yep, I am positive that people coming into the store seeing us feeling and peering at the bottom corners of those little baggies thought we were a bit unhinged. A few looked right at me yesterday, a little perplexed, as I felt the bag contents to confirm my suspect characters.
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Post by Heir of Black Falcon »

Yeah got my first one! Looks like they had been picked over but with some 200 there I knew there was a high chance one was left. After about 50-70 bags I found an elf partly by the dots but mostly the huge and awesome bow inside. I am way impressed. I'd love a line of these. Even if one does not like fantasy they could be switched with ease to something else and the recurve bow is awesome for any medieval or fantasy use.... just awesome. I have to get a few more now dang it.

Heir
There ain't nothin' girlie about a tunic...
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

Wow just had a gander on bricklink. All of the other series 3 figs are available for well under $5.00, many of them in the $3.00 range. The elf... Well it is going for over $10.00.

TLG will never learn... army building figs are the only ones that have a skyrocketing price.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

Our series 3 minifigs at TRU in Thousand Oaks CA are only 3.50. Might be a deal for those in the area. I might go back if I have time before my move and check for a few more.

Dale I think you have it right in part on the army builder theme but I think the elf, like the spartan, are minifigs a large number of people in general have waited for years for. I think the elf is likely going to be one of the most sought after of all the minifig series TLC has made and perhaps will make.

Heir
Kev
Bailiff

Post by Kev »

In two years we will be flooded with elves.
pastororr
Gong Farmer

Post by pastororr »

I live in suburban Chicago and can confirm that they are here at both TRU and Walmart.

I picked up a total of 10 and am satisfied and overjoyed to have an army of elves.

I think the appropriate name for this elf would be LEGOlas!

Great figure!
BlackenedPurple
Peasant

Post by BlackenedPurple »

Here is my modest Elven faction. I further distinguish my Elves by large eyes so that the pointed ears do not have to be shown in order to know he/she's an Elf.

Childhood: The flame that burns its brightest when we are least cognisant of it.
Highwayman
Laborer

Post by Highwayman »

:O

I'd say that's more than a modest amount! I haven't had any luck nabbing additional elves. And at I fail at feeling the contents of the baggie so it's a 3.99 gamble every time I buy one.
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... asant1.jpg[/img]
"Evening, madam. I'll be having your bricks now, if you please." - The Highwayman

[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/66812]MOC Page[/url]|[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Highwayman]Brickshelf[/url]
VanHel
Gong Farmer

Post by VanHel »

Sadly my local TRU has gotten in exactly one box and it was sold out when I went. So I've had to relay on trying to get them online at an insane price.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

I just moved to Northern Utah and they have them at Target, Walmart and TRU at the local stores in the Ogden area!!!

Now I have 3 elves! As luck would have it I got to Walmart as they put 4 boxes out. Sadly I only found 3 elves there. I would have had 4 but I gave one to a boy who came looking for an elf while I was there and had no idea how to find them. Hey got to keep that younger generation on the right track!

My son really wanted a fisherman but I could not find a single one. Is this series less balanced than the last two?

Heir
VanHel
Gong Farmer

Post by VanHel »

Got my box of series 3 from entertainment earth today. I'm up to 8 elves.
domboy
Freeman

Post by domboy »

Heir of Black Falcon wrote: Now I have 3 elves! As luck would have it I got to Walmart as they put 4 boxes out. Sadly I only found 3 elves there. I would have had 4 but I gave one to a boy who came looking for an elf while I was there and had no idea how to find them. Hey got to keep that younger generation on the right track!
That was a really nice thing to do.
Heir of Black Falcon
Justiciar

To be fair I actually only have 1 that is really mine as in just mine. One of the joys of fatherhood we need two of every toy at least for the kids, unless we could fit the two kids on at one time and the poor little elf was not willing to try. :lol:

As for giving the one to the kid. Eh, any of us on the forum would have done it.

Heir
giellsworoth
Serf

Post by giellsworoth »

I just got five more elves at target! brings my total up to eleven. But the wife said no more :cry: Target is a great deal, lots of unspoiled treasures.
-George-