Torso identification help

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
SevFalcon
Laborer

Torso identification help

Post by SevFalcon »

Hi all,

Need some help with identifying these 2 (castle?) torsos that I received in a mixed lot:

I have no idea of those are the correct heads for the torsos. Can anyone tell me what series/sets they're from please? Thanks....

:)
Athos
Councilor of the Realm

Re: Torso identification help

Post by Athos »

The one on the left is the Guardian from the Citadel of Orlon from the first wave of KK2. The one on the right is Luke's torso from the Endor/Speeder Bike Set from the first wave of Star Wars sets. The heads are not the ones that came with the torsos.

Steve
[url=http://www.johnny-thunder.blogspot.com/]Travel with Johnny Thunder![/url]
SevFalcon
Laborer

Post by SevFalcon »

That was fast. Thank you very much Steve!

:)
gormadoc1
Artisan

Post by gormadoc1 »

The Head of the minifig on the right is from the ninja sets.
Here's a link to the piratish ninja: http://www.bricklink.com/ml/cas052.jpg
There can be no triumph without loss,
no victory without suffering,
no freedom without sacrifice.
Gatekeeper
Villein

Post by Gatekeeper »

I have an identification question as well. I just received a Forest Woman and I'm wondering if there is any good way to tell if it's the 2010 reissue or the original.

I bought a lot of bulk on ebay and lo and behold there she was, I'm assuming she's the reissue but I'd like to know if there is a way to tell for sure.
“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”

George Bernard Shaw
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

Gatekeeper wrote:I just received a Forest Woman and I'm wondering if there is any good way to tell if it's the 2010 reissue or the original.
Pretty easy on that one-- just take the head off the torso. If there's a black neck mark, it's the original. If it's all white, it's the re-release.

A few other ways:

- The newer torso will be more translucent. Take the torso along with another white torso that you know is high-quality ABS. Put them both on a flashlight-- if they're both the same, you've probably got a good one. If it glows, you've got a re-release. This ought to work for the legs, too.

- Check the arms. If they've got a rectangular indent on the inside of the arm, just above the elbow, it's a re-release.

- My re-released figure (maybe others) has the green torso printing slightly DARKER than normal green. My original has a slightly LIGHTER green than normal green.

- Look at the inside of the hat. The original has 2 indents on the inside of the hat: one circular one for the stud (which says "(c) LEGO" inside), and one more crescent shaped close to where the knot hangs down (which gives the mold cavity number-- mine says "4"). The re-release has 3 indents: circular one for the stud (also says "(c) LEGO", but ALSO has both the Design ID (2543) and the cavity number), and TWO crescent shaped indents, the one near the knot being a bit deeper.

Anyway, there's a few ways to tell...

DaveE
Gatekeeper
Villein

Post by Gatekeeper »

Excellent thank you. I will give that a shot and figure out who I have. (Reissue, most likely).
“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”

George Bernard Shaw
Rogue Shadow
Foot Soldier

Post by Rogue Shadow »

davee123 wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:I just received a Forest Woman and I'm wondering if there is any good way to tell if it's the 2010 reissue or the original.
Pretty easy on that one-- just take the head off the torso. If there's a black neck mark, it's the original. If it's all white, it's the re-release.

A few other ways:

- The newer torso will be more translucent. Take the torso along with another white torso that you know is high-quality ABS. Put them both on a flashlight-- if they're both the same, you've probably got a good one. If it glows, you've got a re-release. This ought to work for the legs, too.

- Check the arms. If they've got a rectangular indent on the inside of the arm, just above the elbow, it's a re-release.

- My re-released figure (maybe others) has the green torso printing slightly DARKER than normal green. My original has a slightly LIGHTER green than normal green.

- Look at the inside of the hat. The original has 2 indents on the inside of the hat: one circular one for the stud (which says "(c) LEGO" inside), and one more crescent shaped close to where the knot hangs down (which gives the mold cavity number-- mine says "4"). The re-release has 3 indents: circular one for the stud (also says "(c) LEGO", but ALSO has both the Design ID (2543) and the cavity number), and TWO crescent shaped indents, the one near the knot being a bit deeper.

Anyway, there's a few ways to tell...

DaveE
Holy cow, where do you learn all this stuff?!? I never noticed any of these things before.
Rogue
What is the most resilient parasite?...An idea. Highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed-fully understood-that sticks; right in there somewhere. -INCEPTION
Gatekeeper
Villein

Post by Gatekeeper »

Now you see why I asked that question here. :)

George Bernard Shaw