Hobknob Hills Observatory re-design

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

Post by the_Rascal_King »

Dragon Master wrote:Holy Crap RK, with the exception of the clone brick, I LOVE this. Its so origional! No one makes things as creative as you!
Holy crap, DM! What a compliment! hehe
While I seriously doubt no-one else being as creative as me, it's awful nice to hear it! :D
-Jason
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... alKing1083]the Rascal King[/url]
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

Sir Terrance wrote:
Dragon Master wrote:
Sir Terrance wrote: So you mean some other clone has already made Lord of the Rings sets?
YES!
AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! They beat LEGO to it! It would have made LEGO millions! Why, why, why?!?! Does it have to end like this!!!!

Oh yeah, because of the anti-volience thing. Of course. And it makes so much sense too. You can't have a toy with goblins and orcs being diced and stabed by arrows and swords, yet being chopped up lightsabers is okay, or shooting stormtroopers. :roll:
I'm not sure why TLC didn't get the LOTR building block rights. It's very disappointing, as they could have produced excellent sets.
True, the movies do show alot of violence, but you're right! The Star Wars and even Spider Man 2 (if you've seen it, you know what I mean) movies each have their own levels of violence portayed, which TLC understandably cut from their sets. (Although, it would have been awesome if they made a set of Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul with disemboweling action! :twisted: )

If you need a movie license fix, however, remember we always have Star Wars: Episode 3 sets to look forward too!
-Jason
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... alKing1083]the Rascal King[/url]
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

the_Rascal_King wrote:
Sir Terrance wrote:
Dragon Master wrote: YES!
AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! They beat LEGO to it! It would have made LEGO millions! Why, why, why?!?! Does it have to end like this!!!!

Oh yeah, because of the anti-volience thing. Of course. And it makes so much sense too. You can't have a toy with goblins and orcs being diced and stabed by arrows and swords, yet being chopped up lightsabers is okay, or shooting stormtroopers. :roll:
I'm not sure why TLC didn't get the LOTR building block rights. It's very disappointing, as they could have produced excellent sets.
True, the movies do show alot of violence, but you're right! The Star Wars and even Spider Man 2 (if you've seen it, you know what I mean) movies each have their own levels of violence portayed, which TLC understandably cut from their sets. (Although, it would have been awesome if they made a set of Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul with disemboweling action! :twisted: )

If you need a movie license fix, however, remember we always have Star Wars: Episode 3 sets to look forward too!
Longest sequence of quotes ever?
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Dragon Master wrote:
the_Rascal_King wrote:
Sir Terrance wrote: AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! They beat LEGO to it! It would have made LEGO millions! Why, why, why?!?! Does it have to end like this!!!!

It can always get longer!!! :twisted: Mwhahahahahaha!!!
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Sir Terrance wrote:
Dragon Master wrote:
the_Rascal_King wrote: I'm not sure why TLC didn't get the LOTR building block rights. It's very disappointing, as they could have produced excellent sets.

Indeed it can! Muhahahahahahahahaahahahahah!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Dragon Master wrote:
Sir Terrance wrote:
Dragon Master wrote: Longest sequence of quotes ever?
I like the way you think my friend.
(Sorry to any Admins for going off-topic. I'm done with nonsense posts.)
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Sir Terrance wrote:
Dragon Master wrote:
Sir Terrance wrote: It can always get longer!!! :twisted: Mwhahahahahaha!!!
I like the way you think my friend.
Sorry to hear that! lets talk about the MOC from now on! Hmmm, great observatory!
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

Well, this won't stop you continuing, but it should discourage you.

Okay, about the obsevatory.

Hmmm...

Actually, I never noticed the colne bricks till footsteps pointed them out. I tend to be rather blind in that regard.
footsteps
Tastes good with ketchup

Post by footsteps »

Formendacil wrote:
Dragon Master wrote:
Sir Terrance wrote: I like the way you think my friend.
Sorry to hear that! lets talk about the MOC from now on! Hmmm, great observatory!

Hmmm...

Actually, I never noticed the colne bricks till footsteps pointed them out. I tend to be rather blind in that regard.
I hadn't realized it was clone when I asked. I assumed it was something new from one of the new HP sets.

I was wondering if something similar could be rendered in Lego using one or two 1x1 black or dk.gray bricks mod. w/5 studs (stacked vertically) topped with a 2x2 radar dish, with 1x1 yellow round plates on the side studs. May not be as clean as the clone, but not a clone*.

Alan

* I know, I'm an Heretical Old Geezer for using clones myself, but I still think it's preferable to find a Lego solution first before resorting to clones.

PS I just couldn't resist expanding on the quote sequence. :wink:
I'm a human BEING, not a human doing!
The two most important days of your life are the day you are born
and the day you discover why. (Donald Sensing)
One plus one equals three... for large values of one. (Bruce Fournier)
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

footsteps wrote:
Formendacil wrote:
Dragon Master wrote: Sorry to hear that! lets talk about the MOC from now on! Hmmm, great observatory!

Hmmm...

I hadn't realized it was clone when I asked. I assumed it was something new from one of the new HP sets.

I was wondering if something similar could be rendered in Lego using one or two 1x1 black or dk.gray bricks mod. w/5 studs (stacked vertically) topped with a 2x2 radar dish, with 1x1 yellow round plates on the side studs. May not be as clean as the clone, but not a clone*.

Alan

* I know, I'm an Heretical Old Geezer for using clones myself, but I still think it's preferable to find a Lego solution first before resorting to clones.

What are you including me in this sequence for???

I'm here now, but I wasn't then.

Anyway, I don't mind using clone bricks (I've used a mega sword on occasion), but I try VERY hard to find a 'canonical' alternative.

VERY hard.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

Formendacil wrote:
footsteps wrote:
Formendacil wrote: Well, this won't stop you continuing, but it should discourage you.

Hmmm...

Alan

What are you including me in this sequence for???

I'm here now, but I wasn't then.

Anyway, I don't mind using clone bricks (I've used a mega sword on occasion), but I try VERY hard to find a 'canonical' alternative.

VERY hard.
Lol, I just knew people wouldn't be able to resist adding on to the longest quote sequence ever (in C-C that is).

The latterns are okay, but I would never use or even touch one unless I had disposable gloves on. :lol: Okay, I would touch on, but never use it. I would just find an alternative with small pieces, since that is what makes LEGO so fun. BTW, is there a link to this clone's site. I'm curious what the set designs are. Just want to see what they did for LOTR. Thanks.
the_Rascal_King
Laborer

I go away for one day, and look what happens to my thread! hehe :shock:
-Jason