Your most purchased sets

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
medib
Bailiff

Re: Your most purchased sets

Post by medib »

I bought like 10 each of the 10000 legend guarded inn.... c'mon... at $25 bucks a pop when they came out, that was almost a steal.

I think I have almost as many legend Breezeway Cafe's...like 8 or so.

Ben
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

I picked up about 40 of the prison carriage rescue. Obviously others have touched on the army builder benefits of this set. However, I used this set for building my lion army because of the metallic silver bucket helmet included. This helm is not available in any of this years sets. It also didn't come in the battle packs or any other set except the $50 dragon prison set. I got panicky and had to get a bunch of those bucket helms. :tasty: Likely they will show up soon enough in a cheaper set and make me look silly.

If an impulse pack qualifies then I picked up 250 of these a few years back.
ffilz
Foot Soldier

Post by ffilz »

According to my spreadsheet, my most purchased Castle Set is 4806 Axe Cart at 55 copies. 1747 Pirate's Treasure Surprise is my most purchased themed set at 86 copies (I think I actually purchased 100 copies, but sold a bunch and used some as prizes - I purchased these when S&H had them on sale on the by 10 get $10 off so they were $1.60 each as I recall). My most purchased set overall according to my spreadsheet is the Walgreens 200+200 extra value set. I've also listed 52 Pick-a-Brick cups in my spreadsheet (with several more purchased since the last update).

My most purchased 500 piece or more castle set is 10 6097 Night Lord's Castles. Hmm, if we're strict about castle (excluding Ninja), that's also my most purchased 200 piece or more castle set.

Frank
rogue27
Admin
Admin

Post by rogue27 »

Oh, silly me! I totally forgot that I purchased 31 copies of 6024 Bandit's Ambush.

I bought these on eBay for about $10 each sometime around 2003. Kinda high, but they were several years out of print at the time. I opened a bunch for the figs and a few parts, and then sold a bunch of them and have more than recovered all of the money I spent. I also dumped one into the Castle Jambalaya and have a few sealed copies remaining.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=rogue]Bricklink Store[/url] - [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=rjcarello]Brickshelf Gallery[/url]
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

In my LEGO collection, two of the three sets* with the most copies are both Castle sets: four copies of 4811 Defence Archer being tied with four copies of 7009 The Final Joust. The main reason I don't have higher multiples of those--or other--sets, and indeed rarely end up with multiple copies at all, is that I generally can't afford to get ONE of every set, let alone copies of some.

*The third set is a Pirate set: 8396 Soldier's Arsenal.
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

I seem to share the 4811 Defense Archer as the single most purchased Castle set with a few other folks here. I have always tended to buy hte polybag/impluse set in largish quantities, I likely have 40+ of 4811 alone. Second quantity Honors is likely 1752 Crossbow Boat.
Earlier in my collecting hobby I'd concentrate on getting a broader selection but few duplicates on the larger more expensive sets, multiple set purchases were limited to the cheaper ones. These days I tend towards looking at what makes up the set piece wise (with the exception of Castle of course, working of one of everything) unless I find a great deal then all bets are off :lol:

Also PaB has a much more interesting selection these days....
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
insurrection
Laborer

Post by insurrection »

x14 - #5615 - The Knight (1 MISB)
x11 - Spartan - collectible minifigs vol. 2 (3 still in MISB 60-case)
x8 - #7569 Desert Attack (7 MISB)
x6 - #8073 Manta Warrior (1 MISB)
x3 - # 7595 Army Men on Patrol (1 MISB)
x3 - #852769 Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 5 (1 MISB)

Hmm, I belive that's all sets I got more than 2 copies of. Hehe strikes me that they are all "army builders"/fig-sets. Strong thoughts about getting a third MMV though. And maybe that I'v actually got 3 of #6260 Shipwreck Island or #6020 Magic Shop, can't really remember or figure out from parts.
BiggerJim
Apprentice

Post by BiggerJim »

#7091 Knight's Catapult Defense was a favorite of mine. I wish I could have gotten more then the 3 or 4 I own.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=biggerjim]My store[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/biggerjim/]My Flickr[/url]
MOC's come and go....But sorting is forever.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Formendacil wrote:The main reason I don't have higher multiples of those--or other--sets, and indeed rarely end up with multiple copies at all, is that I generally can't afford to get ONE of every set, let alone copies of some.
I feel ya there, Formendacil! I seriously need some wealthy benefactor to take me in and supply me with money to feed my LEGO habit. Either that, or I'm going to have to consider selling my wife on the black market... :raiseone:
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Captain Cochise
Serf

Post by Captain Cochise »

I usually pick up some Prison Carriage rescues when the local Toys R Us has a BOGO. Great Army builders!
[url]http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/6331[/url]

Everything tiled? Check. Vegetation on Steriods? Check. Excessive stone work and Rocks? Check.
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

I have purchased quite a few of 7950 Knight's Showdown but also 4811 Defense Archer, both in the 50 plus range. Usually I don't buy multiples sets, it's more of an impulse buy. My local Target has had a poor selection of Matchbox this year so I have been using money that would go for that to buy set 7950.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!