Re: Favorite Top 3 Lego Castle Sets You Own

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

#1 Guarded Inn 6067
#2 Black Falcon’s Fortress 6074
#3 Dungeon Master’s Castle 6086

Bye
Jojo

This is just the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put.
Winston Churchill
Papy.G
Laborer

Post by Papy.G »

Ain't your favor biased by the presence of tudor panels in those sets? :D
"I got to brick free!" Freddie Mercury
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=PapyG]My Brickshelf[/url]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

Hiya!

1. 6081 King's Mountain Fortress. I've always been enamored of this set. It may not be "The Perfect Castle Set", but it has many charms and lovely bits that I love.
2. 10193 Medieval Market Village. This one is as though it was made for us Castleheads. What's not to love?
3. 6103 Castle Minifigures. What, no bricks? I've GOT bricks, thousands of bricks. What I NEED are a variety of knights, peasants and people to populate my dreamlands. And this one has all that, plus a PITCHFORK! :D

I'm sure I'll bump the upcoming 7189 Mill Village Raid onto my list because SOMEBODY over at LEGO design studios read one of my posts and made exactly part-for-part what I wrote that would be perfect for the Castle/Kingdoms line. I mean, how often does a toy come along that YOU ASKED FOR? :mrgreen:

I answered this question nearly one year ago, and it looks like my list has not changed much except perhaps for my heart being rekindled over the peasants and pitchforks due to the above village additions. What fun, hmmm? Too bad I have to work today, as I wanna build. :tasty:
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Tyranus
Serf

Post by Tyranus »

Well, I'm sort of new to this, but anyway...

My favorite castle sets I remember are:

1. Royal Castle 6090
2. Royal Drawbridge 6078
3. Medieval Market Village 10193

The first two are probably the oldest castle sets I have, from my brother (not old to some, I know). The other "old" ones are 6047 Traitor Transport and 6044 King's Carriage. Maybe a minifigure set here and there, but I'm not sure.
I always liked the castle and its blue roof elements, as well as the figures, and all the nice castle pieces. Unfortunately my brother managed to lose the King's cool cape... :mad: The drawbridge was also cool, with plenty of good figs and some more nice pieces. Of course the village is epic and highly detailed, etc, however I think the old sets get the first picks, by virtue of being the older ones. Weird, I know. :)
When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth -- George Bernard Shaw
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

My personal favorites:

1) 6080 King's Castle
2) 6086 Black Knight's Castle
3) 10193 Medieval Market Village

As for stats on this thread in particular, and counting ONLY sets that received MORE than 1 vote, if we award 1 point for any set that received a vote (any rank):

13 Medieval Market Village
7 Black Knight's Castle
7 Dwarf Mine
6 King's Castle (original)
6 Black Monarch's Castle
5 Forestmen's Hideout
4 Guarded Inn
4 Royal Knight's Castle
4 King's Mountain Fortress
3 Black Falcon's Fortress
3 Camouflaged Outpost
2 King's Castle Siege
2 Forestmen's Crossing
2 Knight's Tournament
2 Armor Shop

And if we give 3 points for each set ranked 1st, 2 points for each set ranked 2nd, and 1 point to each set ranked 3rd:

22 Medieval Market Village
18 King's Castle
14 Black Knight's Castle
13 Black Monarch's Castle
11 Guarded Inn
11 Royal Knight's Castle
10 Forestmen's Hideout
10 King's Mountain Fortress
9 Dwarf Mine
6 Black Falcon's Fortress
6 King's Castle Siege
5 Forestmen's Crossing
5 Knight's Tournament
4 Camoflaged Outpost
2 Armor Shop

Interesting footnote:
So far, everyone (6 people) that voted for 6080 King's Castle at all also ranked it #1 on their list. Everyone that voted for Black Falcon's Fortress (3 people) rated it #2.

DaveE
OrangeBlooded31
Gong Farmer

Post by OrangeBlooded31 »

1.) 6086 Black Knight's Castle- It was the first big set I received as a kid. I played with that set everytime the LEGOs came out, and tore it down and rebuilt it many many times...often in rainbow colors. Hey you remember how it went when you were a kid...
I purchased it off of bricklink last year, and it brought back alot of good memories.

2.) 7094 King's Castle Siege- This was my first caslte I bought (Ebay) when I emerged from my dark ages. The shear size and design of it remind me why it was a great idea to get back into LEGO.

I don't really have a third favorite....sorry :(
dwarf master
Gong Farmer

Post by dwarf master »

1. dwarves mine-It has dwarves. It has trolls. It is a guarded mine. Any questions?
2.prison tower escape- mediem-high price great star to a tower( I expaded it and made it a :orc: ORC FORTRESS :orc: )
3.Battle wagon-my first non star wars set- 2 shadow knight cool wagon but 1 jelly bean perfect for a 6 year old
magic is for those who dont have a axe
Thoriun
Laborer

Post by Thoriun »

hi ppl

my favorite sets arre, Black Falcon Fortress (6074), Guarded inn (6067) and Medieval Market Vilage (10193)

my second run would be Armor Shop (6041, mine has black roof), Blacksmith Shop (6040) and Mill Vilage raid (7189)

Thoriun
Thoriun... No words are enough to express how i feel

Silvery, often with black tarnish

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Thoriun
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

Have I not posted here yet? :twitch:
My favorite would have to be the Dragon Wagon. I mean, come on, old style dragon, Dragon Master flag, two Dragon Master figs, and two horses with the cool Dragon headgear. What's not to love? :lol:
Behind that comes the King's Castle Siege. Go Crownies! :D
Third....Is a tie between Outpost Attack and Prison Carriage Rescue. Great parts packs, although Outpost Attack could have come with more Dragon Knights. :roll:
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen2.bmp[/img]
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

Here's my favourite sets.
6086 - Black Knights castle
7189 - Mill Village Raid
6038 - Wolf Pack Renegades. [could they cram more weapons and gear onto a wagon?]

My 4th and 5th votes would be for Black Monarchs castle and MMV
SPACE MARINE
Apprentice

Post by SPACE MARINE »

Well considering I only have 7 (circa July 2011) castle sets, none predating KK1:

1: 852001 Castle Chess Set- all of my official crownie and skellie armies except two footsoldiers came from here
2: 7187 Escape From the Dragon's Prison- It had my first barding, first euro armor visor, and first broad brimmed helmet
3: 6026 King Leo- My first Lego set ever
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good- Rom. 12:21

Little Bricks, BIG dreams
krzyzak
Foot Soldier

Post by krzyzak »

Well my best are the-
Dark Dragons den
Drawbridge Defense
Witch's Magic Manor
You've got to ask yourself one question,"Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img]
Peter de Yeule
Court jester

Post by Peter de Yeule »

I'm a little late but here's my top three:

1- 6086 Black Knight's Castle: I had 6085 Black Monarch's Caslte has a kid and really liked it but I've bought this one two years ago and it's just perfect. It's a set I would have really enjoy as a kid.

2- 6054 Forestmen's Hideout: Because of it's concept, this great set that as been redesign by a lot of builders through the years. Almost every Castle mocers has tried it's hand at a tree hidden hideout.

3- 7021 Viking Double Catapault versus the Armoured Ofnir Dragon: A great set from an underrated line. I was really into viking and Scandinavian history as a kid and was really excited when I heard about the lego Viking theme. This is a superb set. The catapult is the biggest ever made by the LGC, the minifig looks mean and menacing and the dragon is impressive. Maybe i'm the only one but I liked the dragon's design in this set.

That was my two cents.
CVfan13
Foot Soldier

Post by CVfan13 »

Holy cow, I can't believe I still have an account here!

Anyway, as difficult a decision as this is, I have to choose the following three:

#1 6079 Dark Forest Fortress - I remember my excitement upon winning this set on eBay awhile ago. It has the perfect mix of the forestmen's charm and element of fantasy with excitement and playability, without going over the top. Also, the minifigs are just brilliant.

#2 6071 Forestmen's Crossing - I'm still amazed that I have this set. I got it, along with King's Mountain Fortress, and other various classic castle stuff, mixed in a box from my cousin when I was very little, when he decided he didn't want it any more. One of this sets best features is it's baseplate. Of course, who could forget that Forestwoman (who I've regrettably lost... :( )?

#3 6087 Witch's Magic Manor - This one is often on peoples' least favorite set lists, but if I didn't put it on here, a child version of myself might show up and kick me. As far as I can remember, this was my first Castle set, and I gained an absolute love of witches because of it (I'll still defend poor Willa as one of my favorites). To me, it has this really strange charm I can't really explain or justify, because the set really is pretty ugly.
legosammy
Serf

Post by legosammy »

#1 7036-1: Dwarves' Mine (the minifigs cool and lots of Features)

#2 7020-1: Army of Vikings with Heavy Artillery Wagon (Who doesn’t want a double rapid fire ballista)

#3 50799-1: Knights' Kingdom Adventure Box (my mom gave me it out of the blue a nice surprise)