favorite castle weapon

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
SevFalcon
Laborer

Re: favorite castle weapon

Post by SevFalcon »

The classic sword for me is still the minifg's weapon of choice. I do like the Katana blade as well though....
Tower of Iron Will
Master

Post by Tower of Iron Will »

SevFalcon wrote:The classic sword for me is still the minifg's weapon of choice. I do like the Katana blade as well though....
If I had to pick one it would be the classic sword as well. I don't refer to it as a "short sword," just because if you size it up to a figure it's a lot longer than three feet long. A close second would be the classic battleaxe/halberd that came in the yellow castle. Those two weapons looked really cool when I was young. I also like the the Katana, it would be my third choice.
-Tower
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely!

Despise learning and make everyone pay for your ignorance.

The water that floats a ship is the same that sinks it.

My LEGO figures keep me from being evil, drat!!
Redav
Artisan

Post by Redav »

Tower of Iron Will wrote:If I had to pick one it would be the classic sword as well. I don't refer to it as a "short sword," just because if you size it up to a figure it's a lot longer than three feet long. A close second would be the classic battleaxe/halberd that came in the yellow castle. Those two weapons looked really cool when I was young.
I agree. Even though the original sword never looked awesome, it is the original sword and is synonymous with castle Lego. Understandably the rare black sword was my favourite and when younger I was distraught when I lost mine only one (it probably fell victim to my arch-nemesis - the vacuum!). Fortunately, I've managed to acquire a few more in the last year.

As for the halberd. Even though I was familiar with the name of the halberd, I still called them an axe for years even though there was already an axe which was obviously a lot smaller.
Team Jesus

[url=http://www.brickset.com/search/?ownedBy=redav]My Brickset List[/url]
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/redavthe1st/]My Flickr Photostream[/url]
gedren_y
Freeman

Post by gedren_y »

For myself, I would have to say for first would be the classic spear. Second would be the Vikings axe head. These come in enough of a variety of colors that they have a miriad of uses.
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

I'm also going to have to go for the original sword. Although I do kinda like the dagger its small enough to be thrown or you can just poke it in between the armour plating on the knights.
quaraga
Total n00b
Total n00b
Location: roflysst (rolling on the floor laughing, yet still somehow typing)

Post by quaraga »

Hard to say. If I want a fig to look like a "normal" soldier I use a spear or a pike. If I want an infantry captain sort of look I go for the classic sword. A kind of mid to high ranking infantry dude tends to get the one piece axe (not the hatchet or the halberd, the inbetweeney one) Halberds go to high ranking cavalry as do pikes and greatswords. standard cavalrymen get lances or occasionally the augmented viking spear. I would say my favorite has to be the greatsword 'cause it's shiny and big (I'm easily amused therefore shiny is always good :lol: )
-T.R.
He who thinks you should look at the box that says "Quaraga" if you want to find out his username (about as useful to you as his real name). he only wants you to look so he can laugh about you looking there because he's a total smart...
BTappel
Freeman

Post by BTappel »

I would have to say my favorite castle weapon is just a standard lance. I love the look of knights with lances on horses!
legosammy
Serf

Post by legosammy »

my favorite weapon would be siege weapons. no mater how much armor have you still get crushed. the problem is hitting your target that's why you need tons of siege weapons
LWC guy
Peasant

Post by LWC guy »

I'd have to go with a good, plain Castle/Kingdoms sword. the troll sword is cool too.
[url=http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/68112]MOCpage[/url] / [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwcguy/]Flickr[/url]
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Post by DaleDVM »

I really like the look of the new weapons TLG has come out with. The spears from the Spartan and Indian Chief look great with castle figs. The new elf bow is also incredible. The dwarven hammer was a nice design as well but a bit too big.

But as a favorite, I would have to select from the old weapons; I love the classic sword. It is also the most poseable weapon IMHO.
Purple Wolf
Hero
Hero

Post by Purple Wolf »

Hmmmmmm my favorite castle weapons would have to be the big crome sword, the origanal axes, Bow and quiver(as a pair), and the small hard sword if it's not the soft kind, but my two faverite would be the bow and quiver and the Old hard sword. :)
There's always room for dessert.
brickshelf
"Trolls exist! They steal your socks but only the left ones whats with that?"
Lobberuno
Laborer

Post by Lobberuno »

I like the halberds (those released with the Dragon Masters), the great spear and the bows with quiver :)
- "If you know the Formula, apply it"
plzonlygame
Gong Farmer

Post by plzonlygame »

Classic spear in any colour for me, as well as the chrome greatsword. I'm not sure if its also a castle weapon, but the chrome knife from sets like 6104-1 looks great on assassins etc.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=plzonlygame]My Brickshelf[/url]
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

PITCHFORKS!
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Kayne_
Laborer

Post by Kayne_ »

Hard to answer this question! I like the old curved pirate sword, and the new large scimitar sword. Ideally though, I would like to see something in between the two. Not as small as the old pirate sword, but not as big and gaudy as the new scimitar.

I also really like the newer spears that have the silver head with the reddish brown shaft.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=darkenrahl_17]Kayne is able(Bricklink)[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkenrahl_17/]My Flickr[/url]