Looking for Feedback

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
mhuffman
Gong Farmer

Looking for Feedback

Post by mhuffman »

As many of you already know, Legoland Florida will open its doors on Oct. 15th, 2011. Most of GFLUG has talked about going opening day & most of us have annual passes so we'll be there for the preview days as well. I expect it to be crazy, so I'm mentally preparing myself now for it. :)

I'm curious to know how many people are planning to be there for the grand opening and how many of you are planning to hold off a few weeks before coming down?

In the back of our LUG's mind, we've been thinking that we'd like to host an informal get-together -- maybe see if the park will give fans a back-stage tour of the park.. maybe have a build/Q&A session with a Model Builder from the park, focusing on what it took to open the park... maybe asking the park for a small space to display fan LEGO creations... maybe organize a few after-hours activities for fans... something casual, not crowded, or fast paced... something that could happen a few weekends after the grand opening or after the major holidays, after some of the craziness has died down... So we're looking at a few possible dates. Oct. 29 & 30 -- Brick Or Treat Weekend -- or something after the first of the year.

I'm not looking for commitments, just throwing the idea out and seeing what the fan community would like to see/do at such an event, if our LUG was to help plan one. I love to hear what everyone thinks.

Thanks,
--Mike.
plums_deify
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Re: Looking for Feedback

Post by plums_deify »

I'd be game. It's ridiculously cheap to fly out to Orlando (out to Sanford, if memory serves).

I'm pretty solidly booked, though, with work through the end of the year. After the first might work, and besides. Orlando's more fun in January when the tourists are all gone. ;)
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Be Smart. Be evil.

Sister Brick @ [url=http://www.brothers-brick.com]The Brothers Brick[/url]!
Mudpuppy
Apprentice

Re: Looking for Feedback

Post by Mudpuppy »

I'm in SC, but if there was an event planned, I'd definately see if I could make it. We're planning to visit Legoland FL this year as soon as we can.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jnicely1