Idea Book 250: Week 2 Reviews

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Idea Book 250: Week 2 Reviews

Post by architect »

Check out pages 42-43! The focus of this week's Idea Book review is the medieval market. You can see the Scribe's Shop, Smuggler's Wagon, Well, Red Lion Inn, and Hay Cart.

Article:

http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/arti ... k250b.html
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

I just checked it out and love it. A lot of these look like sets from the time or to be produced later. I like the barrel and the package designs.

Thanks for showing that,

DM

BTW, technically should this be in MOCs :wink:
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

I just checked it out and love it. A lot of these look like sets from the time or to be produced later. I like the barrel and the package designs.
Thanks! Glad to hear that you like it.
BTW, technically should this be in MOCs
Actually, no it is fine. Idea Book has the number 250 and is an official product or set. It had stickers for sets, etc. Plus these are official designs by the set designers. So it is quite appropriate here, since they are LEGO's designs, not ours.

Ben E.
Sir Terrance
Councilor

Post by Sir Terrance »

These are very cool. The scribes shop is my favourite, and I also like the barrel and package designs. Very neat.
Check out my Brickshelf gallery here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=thebrickbin
Sir Vincent
Steward

Post by Sir Vincent »

I like the design used to make the well...
Formendacil
Knight Templar
Knight Templar

Post by Formendacil »

These all look great.

I like these better than the first article. If you continue to save the best for the last, I can't imagine what's in store for us (although I'm pretty sure you aren't. Still, I can dream, right?)
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Another excellent selection of alternate models produced back when TLC had a clue. Ah well, back to the topic at hand. The scribes shop was great, I had one in my first modular castle. The well was pretty good, the wagon was not a bad design, considering that TLC wagon designs have historically been rather poor. The hay cart was one I had always wanted to build, but I didn't have the black cockpit piece. The barrel and package designs as others have said was good as well. I would give these designs as a whole about a 9/10 compared to today's designs.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Luís
Steward

Post by Luís »

Thanks for showing us that arch.
[url=http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/7sword7/]Shelved bricks(???)[/url]
You know you're a good person when you see megablocks and have to do things you would rather not.
rick
Gong Farmer

Post by rick »

i really would love to see instructions for all these models... esp. the guarded inn alternate.

keep up the great work... :wink:

rick
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Hi Rick,

The whole 250 Idea book is available to peruse on Brickshelf. You can find it here: http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0250-1987/ Unfortunatly they do not show all the instructions for all the ideas in the book.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
rick
Gong Farmer

Post by rick »

He thx... i know it is available on bs. i even got a hard copy :wink: . I was just wondering whether it would be possible for someone to post instructions for the models not included in the original idea book.

Rick.
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

Hi Rick,

I have made several instructions for creations that did not have instructions in the idea book. We do not plan to make instructions for all of these creations. I am working on other projects now and instructions are extremely time consuming. But the images should be helpful for anyone trying to make these creations.

Ben E.
David Girard
Journeyman

Post by David Girard »

These are great exemple of imagination of Lego creators in 80's. I like all these creations a lot. I fyou want to make the instructions, Ben, I'd would be really happy. :D The Inn and the Scribe's Shop are my favourites.
dariofol
Freeman

Post by dariofol »

I realized the scribe shop... i miss some brick but i very kind...
soon I post some picture on brickshelf ;-)
Lady Val
Villein

Post by Lady Val »

wlister wrote:The whole 250 Idea book is available to peruse on Brickshelf. You can find it here: http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0250-1987/
Ohh, fabulous! 8) Thanks for that link wlister. I hadn`t realised that such things were on Brickshelf.