Castle poll

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products

If the Crown Knights , Crusaders, and Lion Knights fought, who would win?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:14 pm

Crown Knights
42%
Crusaders
50%
Black Knights
8%

Total votes: 24

krzyzak
Foot Soldier

Castle poll

Post by krzyzak »

Which of the following would win?
I pick Crown Knights. They have a chain of small forts, good enough for defense, a bunch of siege engines, and I like them. :D
You've got to ask yourself one question,"Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img]
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Re: Castle poll

Post by davee123 »

Crusaders are by FAR the most numerous (plus 2 large castles and 4 small wall sections), but the Crown knights admittedly have a *dragon*. The Lion Knights, Black Falcons, Wolfpack, Royal Knights, "Green Dragons", Leo's Knights, Bulls, Black Knights, Classic Castle Knights, Forestmen, Dark Forest, and Dwarves are just outnumbered by the Crusaders, hands-down. Wouldn't stand a chance individually. The Dragon Masters, Fright Knights, KK2, Shadow/Rogue Knights, Undead, Crown Knights, and Trolls all have some sort of magic and/or fantasy stuff going for them that COULD make them victorious, depending on your interpretation.

I actually set up a series of BrikWars games (as of yet not concluded) to see who would win between the "classic" factions (up through 1999). With BrikWars rules, the Fright Knights are the favored winners.

DaveE
OverLoad
Steward

Post by OverLoad »

Crown Knights, only because Dragon Knights weren't an option. :lol:
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
Scotts897
Serf

Post by Scotts897 »

I know nothing of the Crown Knights. So, by default, Crusaders get my vote. Crusaders have King's Castle and a mountain fortress. They have a battering ram that also seems to serve as a siege tower, the Twin Arm Launcher, two boats, a battle wagon (Horse Cart) with an archer, a siege tower, a ladder, civilian buildings to back up the army, and a large number of units.

Black Knights have Black Monarch's, Dungeon Master's Castle, Knight's Stronghold, and a ship. They have like no siege and have no hope of ever destroying an enemy castle. Their playability is limited to them serving as places for the Forestmen and Wolfpack to rob. The Black Falcons are stronger than them due to having the best catapult from 1984 and a second one from 1990. In my collection, I gave the Falcons the siege tower.
Vrio
Villein

Post by Vrio »

Title:
"If the Crown Knights , Crusaders, and Lion Knights fought, who would win?"

Poll:
Crown Knights
Crusaders
Black Knights ???

POLL FAIL.... :roflol:

Despite that, if you like historical accurate battles Crusaders have the biggest army and most siege weapons out of all fractions. But if you like fantasy, i believe dragons and wizzards to be the "strongest units".
If you had included all fractions this poll would be better.
krzyzak
Foot Soldier

Post by krzyzak »

Wow. How could I not notice that mistake? Next time I'll be more careful. The poll would be long if I included all factions, so I just did three, Crown Knights, Crusaders, and , might as well, Black Knights. :wink:
You've got to ask yourself one question,"Do I feel lucky?" Well do ya, punk?
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen1.bmp[/img]
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

davee123 wrote:Crusaders are by FAR the most numerous
Actually, I'm gonna have to take that back! If you owned 1 of every LEGO set, by my count you'd have:

Code: Select all

Crusaders  Crown Knights
Structures (Large)     2   <        1
structures (Medium)    4   <        3
Structures (Small)     0       >    4 (counts mini chess towers)
Kings                  0       >    5
Wizards                0       >    3
Soldiers/Knights      62   (tie)   62
Horses                21   <        8
Dragons                0       >    1
Catapults              2       >    4
Battering Ram          1   <        0
Siege Towers           1   <        0
Wagons                 6   <        3
Boats                  2   <        0
So, I think given the Crown Knights' Wizard (or 3 wizards) and their dragon, Crown Knights probably would take the Crusaders, no problem. I guess I didn't realize just how numerous those Crown Knights were, given that they showed up in so many odd places. They had 2 chess sets, the Tic-Tac-Toe game, a Photo Frame, Advent Calendar, and Creator-style "Castle Building Set"-- and that's not including any of the "standard" sets that came out!

DaveE
theboywarrior
Steward

Post by theboywarrior »

I replaced my vote to Crusaders because I meant to pick them in the first place. :oops: My money's on the hard working, powerful, smiley-faced sub-founders of castledom, who worked so hard to make Castle what it is today. They are just so much awesomer than the Crownies (hope LegoLord never reads this one :halo: ) and in Brikwars terms, awesomeness dictates which units are heroic or not, so why not whichever faction is the coolest wins?

In all honesty, however, I own no Crusaders, (which might add to my bias for them...) and I think they might have a bit of trouble against the armored dragon...
Some folk we never forget
Some kind we never forgive
Haven’t seen the back of us yet
We’ll fight as long as we live

[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-o ... tizen2.bmp[/img]
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

davee123 wrote:
davee123 wrote:Crusaders are by FAR the most numerous
Actually, I'm gonna have to take that back! If you owned 1 of every LEGO set, by my count you'd have:

Code: Select all

Crusaders  Crown Knights
Structures (Large)     2   <        1
structures (Medium)    4   <        3
Structures (Small)     0       >    4 (counts mini chess towers)
Kings                  0       >    5
Wizards                0       >    3
Soldiers/Knights      62   (tie)   62
Horses                21   <        8
Dragons                0       >    1
Catapults              2       >    4
Battering Ram          1   <        0
Siege Towers           1   <        0
Wagons                 6   <        3
Boats                  2   <        0
So, I think given the Crown Knights' Wizard (or 3 wizards) and their dragon, Crown Knights probably would take the Crusaders, no problem. I guess I didn't realize just how numerous those Crown Knights were, given that they showed up in so many odd places. They had 2 chess sets, the Tic-Tac-Toe game, a Photo Frame, Advent Calendar, and Creator-style "Castle Building Set"-- and that's not including any of the "standard" sets that came out!

DaveE
I hope you included these guys in your count: http://www.bricklink.com/ML/cas081.jpg
:D
davee123
Knower of the Doin's

Post by davee123 »

Frank_Lloyd_Knight wrote:I hope you included these guys in your count: http://www.bricklink.com/ML/cas081.jpg
Hey, if we included them with the Crown Knights, I think there'd be a solid argument for including the Red Lions, Royal Knights, and Knight's Kingdom 1 figs with the Crusaders!

DaveE