What's your castle lego collection look like?

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Scotts897
Serf

What's your castle lego collection look like?

Post by Scotts897 »

Well, I kinda want to know what classic sets the people of these forums own. So I am going to do a survey of a sorts. Here is the template to copy and paste:

-King's Castle
-Knight's Castle
-Blacksmith
-Siege Tower
-Catapult
-Horse Cart
-Supply Wagon
-jousting Knights

-Prisoner Convoy
-Black Knight's Treasure

-Black Falcon's Fortress
-Guarded Inn
-Armor Shop
-Siege Cart
-Maiden's Cart

-Battering Ram
-Viking Voyager
-King's Oarsmen
-Knight's Arsenal
-Castle Guard
-Camouflaged Outpost

-Black Monarch's Castle
-Forestmen's Hideout
-Twin Arm Launcher
-Castle Mini Figs
-Knight's Challenge

I'm not that interesting in the later classic castle years so I didn't include them. I'm going to use ">" to designate which sets I own. And here is what mine looks like:

>-King's Castle
>-Knight's Castle
>-Blacksmith
>-Siege Tower
>-Catapult
>-Horse Cart
>-Supply Wagon
>-jousting Knights

>-Prisoner Convoy
-Black Knight's Treasure

>-Black Falcon's Fortress
>-Guarded Inn
>-Armor Shop
-Siege Cart
-Maiden's Cart

>-Battering Ram
>-Viking Voyager
>-King's Oarsmen
>-Knight's Arsenal
>-Castle Guard
>-Camouflaged Outpost

>-Black Monarch's Castle
>-Forestmen's Hideout
>-Twin Arm Launcher
>-Castle Mini Figs
>-Knight's Challenge

Okay, so the Prisoner convoy is in the mail, but I will have it with a week or so. I might go for more of the 1990 sets later on. I only have the Black Knight sets from that year. I have just realized how out of control I am at collecting legos. Anyhow, I want to know what other forumers have.
mencot
Twifealdlic Builder

Re: What's your castle lego collection look like?

Post by mencot »

Scotts897 wrote:Well, I kinda want to know what classic sets the people of these forums own. So I am going to do a survey of a sorts.
Here is what I have from the golden era, these are all sets that I have got when I was a kid and altough I would like to have the rest that had been relesed those years I havnt bought any now.

-Blacksmith
-Catapult

-Black Falcon's Fortress
-Guarded Inn
-Armor Shop

-King's Oarsmen
-Knight's Arsenal
-Castle Guard

-Castle Mini Figs
Some later sets that I still consider golden era that I have
-Black Monarch's Ghost
-Kings mountain castle
-Knight's Stronghold
-Sea Serpent
-Black Knight's Castle
-Wolfpack Tower
:D
Sir Mencot Paladin and rogue
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/lord-of-orks/map/rankings/citizen3.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8244/8487960182_6a051704d4_t.jpg[/img][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8120/8636932919_7220cc2cc9_m.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/mencot]Flickr[/url]
Kevdragon
Serf

Post by Kevdragon »

Ive only recently began to get into the castle concept and initially it was inspired by the lego Elf and Dwarf Minifigs from the minifig sets, but I found myself loving rediscovering my love for Lego. These are the sets I have treated myself so far

I have so far:-

Escape from Dragon Prison
Troll Mountain Fortress

Other Lego sets I have that end up incorperated into mocs are:-

Indiana Jones Well of Souls set ( The one with the snake pit.)
Ninjago Shrine
Ninjago Venom Snake shrine ( I wanted to create a snake worshiping cult temple!)

I also purchased two dragons that appear in the castle fantasy era, as well as an assortment of pieces from Firestar such as helmets, shields. hair pieces, torso etc...

Lego Mini Figs
Elf x1 (cool figure)
Evil Dwarf x2
Boxer x2
Racing Driver x1(opps!)
Zookeeper x3 ( Unlucky!)
Green Alien x1
Detective x1
Cave Girl x1
Frankenstien's Monster x1(The head looks good as a necromancer!)
viking x1
Guy in Lizaed Suit x1 (wanted to incorperate him into a lizard warrior figure)
Butcher x1(love the t bone steak and cleaver!)
Flamenco Dancer x1 (Parts of her went towards making my evil sourceress queen)
Statue of Liberty (for her robes!) x1
Outlaw x1(for the bandana and head)
Skater Girl x1(doh!)
Pyjama Boy x1(for the hairpiece!)
Roman Soldier x2
Minotaur x4
Highland warrior x2
Aztec Warrior x2
Evil Knight x2
Space Marine x1
Red Riding Hood x1 (love the hood!)
Viking Queen x1
Ocean King /Neptune x1

Hoping to get the jungle boy MINI FIG even if it means I wind up with another chimp!
dyntar
Foot Soldier

Post by dyntar »

Here's my list.
I have one of each of the following sets.....
And one of each of the Ninja sets.

-knights procession

-King's Castle
-Knight's Castle
-Blacksmith
-Siege Tower
-Catapult
-Horse Cart
-Supply Wagon
-jousting Knights
-Prisoner Convoy
-Black Knight's Treasure
-Black Falcon's Fortress
-Guarded Inn
-Armor Shop
-Siege Cart
-Maiden's Cart
-Battering Ram
-Viking Voyager
-King's Oarsmen
-Knight's Arsenal
-Castle Guard
-Camouflaged Outpost
-Black Monarch's Castle
-Forestmen's Hideout
-Twin Arm Launcher
-Castle Mini Figs

-Smuggler's Hayride
-Forestmen's River Fortress

-Crusader's Cart
-Battle Dragon
-Black Monarch's Ghost
-Dungeon Hunters
-Knight's Stronghold
-Forestmen's Crossing
-King's Mountain Fortress

-King's Catapult

-Treasure Cart
-Dual Defender
-Black Knights Guardshack
-Black Knight
-Wolfpack Renegades
-Sea Serpent
-Wolfpack Tower
-Black Knight's Castle

-Black Knights Boat
-Ghostly Hideout
-King's Archer
-King's Catapult
-Black Knight's Battering Ram
-Magic Shop
-Majisto's Magical Workshop
-Dragon Wagon
-Medieval Knights

-Crossbow Cart
-Royal King
-Bandit Ambush
Bat Lord
Witch and Fireplace
Fright Force
-Defense Archer
-Guarded Treasury

and then nothing until 2007.
I have all the Fantasy Era sets apart from the Crowns knights castle. I also have at least 1 each of the Kingdom sets. :D
captainamerica
Peasant

Post by captainamerica »

from Scott897's original list:

It'll be easier to list what I DO NOT have:
Prisoner Convoy
Black Knight's Treasure
Maiden's Cart (need instructions to really "have" it)

Here's a little slideshow I made a year or two ago, these are the BOXES I have(up to that point, some Kingdoms and Castle sets have been added). I was going to do another slideshow of instructions, but there's at least 5x as many, so my enthusiasm waned a few inches into the stack :snore:

click on the image to start the slideshow.
'more Legos than sense'
Scotts897
Serf

Post by Scotts897 »

captainamerica wrote:from Scott897's original list:

Prisoner Convoy
Black Knight's Treasure

Here's a little slideshow I made a year or two ago, these are the BOXES I have(up to that point, some Kingdoms and Castle sets have been added). I was going to do another slideshow of instructions, but there's at least 5x as many, so my enthusiasm waned a few inches into the stack :snore:

click on the image to start the slideshow.
The sets you don't have are among the hardest sets to find from that era I think.
OverLoad
Steward

Post by OverLoad »

I'm kind of a late comer to the Castle party. As a kid, I skipped between themes, buying a Castle set here, and a City set next time I had money. Following my dark ages, I went into the military LEGO crowd (perhaps the one most full of Brickarms kiddies). However, a week before I signed up here, I rediscovered my love for Castle.

Well, on to what I have right? I am fully aware that the original post was for CLASSIC Castle sets, but since I don't have any of those I want to discuss what I do have.

2004-2006: A number of KK2 sets, none of which I think are worth to be found or listed.

2005:
-Viking Warrior Challenges Fenris Wolf

2007:
-The Final Joust
-Crossbow Attack

2008:
-Troll Assault Wagon

2010:
-Wizard
-Court Jester
-Knights Showdown
-Prison Carriage Rescue (Worth nothing that I have 15+ copies of this set)
-Outpost Attack

2011:
-Blacksmith Attack
-Escape from Dragon's Prison

I own multiple copies of most of the aforementioned sets. Don't let this list fool you though, I have an extensive LEGO collection of many parts useful for Castle building, that just didn't come from Castle sets. :lol:
[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/128569443@N02/]-New Flickr-[/url] [url=http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=MrGray]-Brickshelf-[/url] [url=http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewtop ... =4&t=24758]-Tales of the Nortlen-[/url]
captainamerica
Peasant

Post by captainamerica »

Scotts897 wrote:
captainamerica wrote:from Scott897's original list:

Prisoner Convoy
Black Knight's Treasure
The sets you don't have are among the hardest sets to find from that era I think.
You are correct. I really want that Black Knight's Treasure. It's easily top 3 in my Lego Want list, and the only vintage set on my want list.
'more Legos than sense'
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

captainamerica
Peasant

Post by captainamerica »

Ben, thanks for the links! I've been trying to put a set number to set 15 for years now! :D

when I was a kid, my best friend and I each got a pair of set 15 ( http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/archives/0015.html ). Ours came bagged, with no box or instructions from Lego Shop@Home. I am certain the knights with the Blue tunics did not have white legs/blue hips (that color choice would have made the figure even more of a favorite for me), but did have the black legs/red hips combo like the knight's procession knight also included in the set. One of my friend's sets was actually a production error: he got NO Blue torsos, but 4 of the black torso/red arms.

Oh yeah, where did the photo of the set come from? The Shop@Home order page only had an illustration of the figures when we ordered.

Such great memories!!! That first big shop@home order also contained the battery box and 970 light bricks kit (as frequently used in the 6000 Idea Book). But, more importantly, that order got me on the Shop@Home mailing list, so I would receive the catalogs, which is how I got the original Guarded Inn!
'more Legos than sense'
Knight Man
Journeyman

Post by Knight Man »

I don't have anything older than Dark Forest Fortress so I'll post my brother's pre 1989 castle sets:
-Catapult 6030
-Battering Ram 6062
-Twin Arm Launcher 6039
- Knights Arsenal 6016
~KnightMan~
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8475/8406300705_86b2d80f86_m.jpg[/img] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/76575933@N02/]My Flickr[/url] [url=https://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-The_Creator]My sets[/url]
joee
Serf

Post by joee »

I'm in the same boat as most. I have all the sets from 1984-1990 I'm just missing the non-forestmen carts and the two boats (6017 & 6049). I plan on getting them someday, right now they just don't fit into the scheme of things. I have the grey wall sets and Black Falcon Castles (6073 & 6074) set up in the usual formation and have called it "Falcon Town" It has 6060 and 6035x2 inside it too. I have the two bigger castles 6080 and 6085 as stand alones with some extra knights/soldiers added to each. My son came up with the idea of having 6059 and two 6034 attached to make it the "Small ghost Castle" which is generally where all the treasure is hidden and some questing Falcon knight(s) has to find the treasure an sneak it away form those pesky ghosts. (The ghosts took the jewel treasure chest from the Black Knights and the Gold Treasure from the Lion Knights) The Forestmen sets are generally on their own too scattered throughout the kingdom (basement) as the knights have to go and "get more clues" as where the treasure is hidden. I also have 6008 & 6009 set up as the Kings of each castle.
Count Blacktron
Sheriff

Post by Count Blacktron »

I have almost nothing from the 1980s, because strangely for me I stopped buying LEGO due to the impression (mistaken!) that it wasn't cool or needed anymore.
I picked up again around 1992 or 1993, but I missed all the Crusaders, Black Falcons and most of the Black Knights and Wolfpack.
I made due with Dragon Masters, Royal Knights, Fright Knights and then whatever I could get, from Ninja, service packs, loose Castle elements spread out across the wasteland of the late 1990s and finally with King Leo's accent to the throne in Knights Kingdom 1 (the one with the Lions vs the Bulls) I really got my armies and fortresses going.
Not so much of a classic collector I think due to the fact that I love to build MOCs and just do things as I would see fit.
So in short, my list of what I don't have I would consider quite long because the Classic-Castle period of the 1980s for me has only a handful of sets after the original Yellow Castle and Tournament. Now you've gone and made me sad... Oh well, I will just have to build then. :D
There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be. -Willy Wonka, 1971-
Scotts897
Serf

Post by Scotts897 »

joee wrote:I'm in the same boat as most. I have all the sets from 1984-1990 I'm just missing the non-forestmen carts and the two boats (6017 & 6049). I plan on getting them someday, right now they just don't fit into the scheme of things. I have the grey wall sets and Black Falcon Castles (6073 & 6074) set up in the usual formation and have called it "Falcon Town" It has 6060 and 6035x2 inside it too. I have the two bigger castles 6080 and 6085 as stand alones with some extra knights/soldiers added to each. My son came up with the idea of having 6059 and two 6034 attached to make it the "Small ghost Castle" which is generally where all the treasure is hidden and some questing Falcon knight(s) has to find the treasure an sneak it away form those pesky ghosts. (The ghosts took the jewel treasure chest from the Black Knights and the Gold Treasure from the Lion Knights) The Forestmen sets are generally on their own too scattered throughout the kingdom (basement) as the knights have to go and "get more clues" as where the treasure is hidden. I also have 6008 & 6009 set up as the Kings of each castle.
This is my favorite way to set up the factions so that they are balanced: http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn ... 9923_n.jpg

And this is a super set up I made here with all the connectivity: http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 5463_n.jpg
architect
Baron von Ellermann

Post by architect »

captainamerica wrote:Ben, thanks for the links! I've been trying to put a set number to set 15 for years now! :D

when I was a kid, my best friend and I each got a pair of set 15 ( http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/archives/0015.html ). Ours came bagged, with no box or instructions from Lego Shop@Home. I am certain the knights with the Blue tunics did not have white legs/blue hips (that color choice would have made the figure even more of a favorite for me), but did have the black legs/red hips combo like the knight's procession knight also included in the set. One of my friend's sets was actually a production error: he got NO Blue torsos, but 4 of the black torso/red arms.
The photographs in the Classic-Castle sets archives were taken by Johannes Koehler, Yaron Dori, and I. They are all based on box images or in the the case of set 15 on catalog images. I had heard that set 15 came in a bag from Shop at Home. We believe LEGO was trying to clear out excess minifigures with this pack. So it makes sense that you received different legs for the knights and your friend received different torsos. Thank you for this information.

Ben