Jelly Bean Knights

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
DaleDVM
Journeyman

Re: Jelly Bean Knights

Post by DaleDVM »

The other posts do a great job of summing up the flaws in the KK2 line. I will only add this.

The 2006 wave of KK2 was actually pretty good. Kentis, Adric, Drakus, and Karzon, mixed in some neutral colors on the armor to very nice effect. They also had some of the best shields ever released IMHO. However, even with the better designs there were not any good generic soldiers. (like Davee noted) A nice torso print to make armies of those factions would have been very welcome and also gives a reason to buy multiples of the sets. Battle at the pass made an attempt to make generic soldiers by slappin different color euro armor and helmets on a bunch of figures but it really didn't work. These positives were too little too late to save this line.
Frank_Lloyd_Knight
Steward

Re: Jelly Bean Knights

Post by Frank_Lloyd_Knight »

Sniezka wrote:I'm a newbie and I'm very inexperienced in castle matters but I don't get why nobody likes Jelly bean knights. They look cute and fun to play with. These where made for kids.
When I was a kid, my Lego knights were never cute. They were vicious, bloodthirsty barbarians who loved hacking each other's heads off.