6086 question

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Emperor James
Steward

6086 question

Post by Emperor James »

question: Did the knight in 6086 with the white dragon plumes have a dark grey or black visor? In the instructions and on peeron was dark grey, but mine came with black.
pwnage
medib
Bailiff

Post by medib »

jojo should handle this one... :lol:

In my opinion, It looks Dark Grey.

Where did you get your set? In what condition was it when you got it?

Benjamin Medinets
Last edited by medib on Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jojo
Master

Re: 6086 question

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

And Jojo does.
Emperor James wrote:question: Did the knight in 6086 with the white dragon plumes have a dark grey or black visor? In the instructions and on peeron was dark grey, but mine came with black.
Dark grey.
Did your black visor come in an unopened or used set?

Bye
Jojo

Last edited by Jojo on Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor James
Steward

Post by Emperor James »

It was an unopened set I got off ebay

However, I called lego, and they said something to the effect that when they changed the name to black knights castle, they also changed the dark grey visor to black.

It makes sense, but I've never heard this before.
pwnage
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!

So there were two black visors in the box?
Emperor James wrote: However, I called lego, and they said something to the effect that when they changed the name to black knights castle, they also changed the dark grey visor to black.
It makes sense, but I've never heard this before.
Nor did I. And it makes only halfways sense since they only changed the name in the US. So that's not at all a good reason to change an element in the model.

As for the change of the name for 6086: Do two different boxes exist, with the different names on it?

Bye
Jojo

Draygen
Artisan

Post by Draygen »

I bought one off Ebay, one black and one dark gray. Should be dark gray, always seen it that way too.
Dreams are only unrealized realities.
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Both 6086 sets I have had dark grey visors for both knights. One was purchased way back when it was on shelves and another In near mint condition from evilbay.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Jojo
Master

Post by Jojo »

Hello!
wlister wrote:Both 6086 sets I have had dark grey visors for both knights. One was purchased way back when it was on shelves and another In near mint condition from evilbay.
That's interesting. Quite the antonym to Emperor James' 6086-experience. Unfortunatelly I don't have clear memory of the visor-distribution from the set I got back then. That probably means I didn't notice anything notably different from the instructions.

Bye
Jojo

wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

It is quite possible the set I bought off evilbay had the black visor substituted for the dark grey one. The set was impressively intact and looked like it was only built once. The seller was selling a lot of sets from that era though, so a mistake was possible.

My instructions from my original set showed a black visor on the yellow plumed knight and a dark grey visor on the white plumed knight. I remember being very pleased that I had two dark grey visors instead of having a black visor. I had enough black visors from the 6009 sets I had. I don't know if my set was an anomaly or if the initial North American production run was made this way. Anyone else buy one off the shelves and remember the visor colors?

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.