Castle at Bricks Cascade 2012

Discussion and planning of large-scale Castle Themed displays and events
CoryRJanssen
Gong Farmer

Castle at Bricks Cascade 2012

Post by CoryRJanssen »

Winter is Coming and Bricks Cascade is nearly upon us. This year's castle theme is "Winter is Coming". Lords and Ladies everywhere are invited to bundle up and bring your creations to the game of plastic thrones, as well as everything else Castle, to celebrate Bricks Cascade's debut convention. The festivities are June 1st-3rd at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland Oregon. You can register now at: http://brickscascade.com/

Awards will be given for the following categories:

Best Castle Creation (Renamed to "Honorable Castle") -best in castle
Best Winter is Coming Creation (Renamed to "The Iron Throne") - best in theme
Best Castle Collaborative Creation (Renamed to "Bannerman") - best in collaborative
(Added "Impenetrable Castle") - best fortified and defended
(Added "Best Ship") for Pirates theme - ...best ship?

My name is Cory Janssen and I'm the Castle Coordinator for this year. Please feel free to contact me at CoryRJanssen@comcast.net with any questions, or to discuss your creations or layout.
Last edited by CoryRJanssen on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thomas
Peasant

Re: Castle at Bricks Cascade 2012

Post by Thomas »

I'm happy to announce that Kristin and I will be attending Bricks Cascade!!

We're working on a new castle/fantasy theme diorama that will be 30"x45" which, time permitting, might grow to 60"x45".

Thomas
CoryRJanssen
Gong Farmer

Post by CoryRJanssen »

I cant wait to see it.

Dont forget to register and add your MOC on www.BricksCascade.com

Cory
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Post by The Blue Knight »

Well so I found the planning here. Game of Thrones, huh? Love the series, but I'm not sure what I could put together in time for the con. I have some ole' stand-by MOCs that may have to fit in until I can get serious about what to build next. Do you have an over-all idea of what you want the collaborative layout to look like?

Richard

PS Good to have the Raferts on board!
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
Thomas
Peasant

Post by Thomas »

We're all registered now! :D

Haven't seen Game of Thrones but we are building a winter themed MOC so it may "fit".

If we've got room after packing everything I'll try to bring some of my medieval houses for a collaborative display.
CoryRJanssen
Gong Farmer

Post by CoryRJanssen »

The Blue Knight, there is no specific idea for collaborative build. Bring what you have and we will make it work.

Thomas, Im sure we can find a place for your winter themed build.

See you both there!

Everyone else, Bricks Cascade is a month away, dont forget to register!
CoryRJanssen
Gong Farmer

Post by CoryRJanssen »

Bricks Cascade is this weekend! See you all there.
CoryRJanssen
Gong Farmer

Post by CoryRJanssen »

Bricks Cascade 2012 is over, it had a great turn out for public attendance but we could have used more Castle MOCs, hopefully at Bricks Cascade 2013 more of you will attend.

Thank you to those who did attend and brought their wonderful creations, they were...

Richard Lange with his Island black castle, Rapunzel, vast armies to invade and his fantastic rendition of Helms Deep that won "The Iron Throne" for best themed in Castle.
Thomas and Kristin Rafert with their amazing landscape and spectacular tree fortress. Kristin won "Bannerman" for best collaborative in Castle.
Jeff Johnson with what I have personally named The White Castle, a beautiful creation of his own design. Won "Most Impenetrable in Castle".
Chris Wunz brought many MOCs, several great Martin Luther builds, a Skull Island, a tiny little island with just enough space for the 4 islanders with cleverly made masks to fit around a fire, several buildings including a bakers house, a functioning minifig scale catapult and his two ships that won "Ship Ahoy" for Best Ship.
And Last but not least, Alice Finch with her Durmstrang ship and her spectacular Konigstein Castle that won "Most Honorable in Castle" for best in Castle.

Thank you all again for coming and displaying your impressive work, I hope to see you all and more next year.
Cory Janssen
Castle Coordinator
Rogue Shadow
Foot Soldier

Post by Rogue Shadow »

I went to Cascade; were any of those creations by someone here?
Rogue
What is the most resilient parasite?...An idea. Highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed-fully understood-that sticks; right in there somewhere. -INCEPTION
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Yep, we're all here (I think Alice is here). My nom de realitie is Richard. Who were you? I hope we met.
Men who lie, merely hide the truth; but men who tell half-lies, have forgotten where they put it--Samuel Clemens
BiggerJim
Apprentice

Post by BiggerJim »

Sorry I couldn't come this year.... is it too early for a tentative time frame for next year?
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=biggerjim]My store[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/biggerjim/]My Flickr[/url]
MOC's come and go....But sorting is forever.
The Blue Knight
Merchant

Tentatively between January1st and December 31st, 2013. I wouldn't be surprised to see the con move to a different spot on the calendar. More will come soon. Sorry to have missed you! Will you be at BC'12?
BiggerJim
Apprentice

Post by BiggerJim »

Planning to be at BC again. The work schedule has been tough this year so I can't yet be sure. Hoping to finalize at it gets closer. I really wanted to come to BricksCascade but time off was problematic.
[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=biggerjim]My store[/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/biggerjim/]My Flickr[/url]
MOC's come and go....But sorting is forever.
Thomas
Peasant

Post by Thomas »

Kristin and I had a blast attending Bricks Cascade! Kristin is really happy she won "Bannerman" for best collaborative in Castle, as many saw there she built quite a bit there.

Thanks Cory you did a great job coordinating!

Here are my pictures: Bricks Cascade 2012
Rogue Shadow
Foot Soldier

Post by Rogue Shadow »

Gah! That's going to drive me crazy! I recognize those sheep in your profile pic Thomas, and I even saw you there...I was going to ask if you guys were from CC, but I figured with all the millions of people in the world it was only a remote possibility, so I just didn't ask. Well, if I go to Cascade next year, I'll have to stop in and say hi!
Rogue
What is the most resilient parasite?...An idea. Highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed-fully understood-that sticks; right in there somewhere. -INCEPTION