new to the community

General USER announcements, such as introductions and away messages.
halstud
Serf

new to the community

Post by halstud »

hi there. i'm an avid lego castle fan. not the sets as much as checking out the lego community's contributions to the genre. sacrilege, i'm sure...but i'm not really into any of the recent castle lines and i'm not much of a LOTR fan (haven't read any tolkein or watched the films) so yeah. yikes, you guys probably think i'm a real weirdo.

i'm just a big fan of history and architecture. so castle is my obsession! i hope to contribute a bit to the community and maybe enter one of the castle contests i've read so much about! thanks to all of you for building, sharing and helping builders like myself learn. look forward to talking with you!
Eklund
Man-At-Arms

Re: new to the community

Post by Eklund »

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will find it a great place to be. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your creations, the CCC contests are really fun. See you around!
You would rather be building right now.
ImageImage
My Flickr
Bluesecrets
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order
High Priestess of the Vermillion Order

Post by Bluesecrets »

hi there. i'm an avid lego castle fan. not the sets as much as checking out the lego community's contributions to the genre. sacrilege, i'm sure...but i'm not really into any of the recent castle lines and i'm not much of a LOTR fan (haven't read any tolkein or watched the films) so yeah. yikes, you guys probably think i'm a real weirdo.
Welcome. As one of the few people in the world who has never watched this certain set of films...not LOTR..I can sympathize. You'll fit in just fine here loving castles.
BrickshelfFlickr

Queen of Tan

Any building, is good building. Build for the fun of it!
friskywhiskers
Landlord

Post by friskywhiskers »

Hello! You'll find that this is a warm, helpful community! Enjoy your stay at CC. :)
Kosh
Foot Soldier

Post by Kosh »

halstud wrote:hi there. i'm an avid lego castle fan. not the sets as much as checking out the lego community's contributions to the genre. sacrilege, i'm sure...but i'm not really into any of the recent castle lines and i'm not much of a LOTR fan (haven't read any tolkein or watched the films) so yeah. yikes, you guys probably think i'm a real weirdo.

i'm just a big fan of history and architecture. so castle is my obsession! i hope to contribute a bit to the community and maybe enter one of the castle contests i've read so much about! thanks to all of you for building, sharing and helping builders like myself learn. look forward to talking with you!
Welcome, may your stay be enjoyable and long.
You do not have to be into the recent Castle lines or have ever watched LOTR to be welcome here, CC is a fairly easy going place if you follow the few basic rules we have. I enjoy looking at the wide, wide variety of building styles, ideas and even skill levels that get posted here. We have such a wide range of ages, planetary locations, collection sizes that feed the variety of building interests/styles that you see.
Build? I merely Acquire atm.
halstud
Serf

Post by halstud »

Thanks for the kind words all. Love this site.