Small Bridge

Discussion of personal LEGO Castle creations
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Hmmm, well maybe if the horses layed down and the knights helped by spreading their arms and legs it could work as a bridge. Nope, I just ain't seein' it. A group of knights is not a bridge!

DM

Just kidding!!!!!!!!!! I love the little bridge, how'd ya do it?!?!?!?!?!?!
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
doctorsparkles
Landlord

Post by doctorsparkles »

I just built a quick copy of this, and though it's very neat, I must say that it is not very sturdy. The problem, of course, is not with the arches, but with the plates, which are not supported from underneath in any way. The 2-wide plate isn't much of a problem. It stays in pretty well unless you press pretty hard. The 1-wide plates pop out pretty easily, and if you intend to stand a minifig on them, I suggest that you support the plate from underneath with your finger.
Just be grateful that there are no fat minifigs. They wouldn't stand a chance crossing this bridge.
"Always do what you want, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Doctor Suess
The Josh
Apprentice

Post by The Josh »

I'm Back! Thanks for all of your replies :D .
rogue27 wrote:Is the bridge sturdy, or would the beams fall down if you tried pushing a minifig down onto one of the studs?
The bridge is sturdy, but if you put a minifig on it and you push too hard it will collapse. The best solution to stop the bridge from collapsing is to use a finger to support the bridge while you place a minifig on the bridge. Also, the two stud wide plank at the center of the bridge is the sturdiest part of it.

It's just a simple bridge, so don't go nuts analyzing it :wink: . I now need to read what I missed in the past two weeks and find some time to make my MOC cards for
Brickfest (I'll do them Lenny, I promise :wink: ).

-The Josh