Gentleman

LCC- Knights of Calmonn (Loreos)

Post by royalbrickcustoms »

Hey guys,
Here is my order of knights for the Loreos faction of LCC:

]KNIGHTS OF CALMONN

Here's a little backstory on the Order of the Knights of Calmonn

Backstory:

Nestled high on a cliff in the grassy plains of Loreos, just twenty miles from the (modern) renowned Toberg School of Warfare, the great city of Calmonn set, it's scarlet flags blowing in the hot desert sun. It was a great city, known for its large curved sandstone walls, which encircled it all around, and the great marketplace, where traders and merchants from all over Roawia came to sell their wares. Although it was strong it was not invincible to invaders. One night, the High Lord, and ruler of Calmonn, Vestavius was in his palace when he heard the alarm.
"Riders, coming from the north," one of the palace guards shouted in horror.
"Those nasty northern folk don't give up so easily do they? Whatever you do we can not let them find the bracelet, or it will be downfall of Calmonn, and the utter ruin of all Loreos. Send for the Battlemaster, and the Knights of Calmonn, we go to war tonight, the High Lord shouted back as a servant strapped a silver breastplate, with a glittering golden sun on the front of it, to his master's chest.
One by one, men, robed in black, with the symbol of a scarlet lion embroidered on their tunics drew their swords and rushed out of the palace towards the city.
"They're heading for the main gate!" one of the guard's shouted as he raised his halberd.
"For Calmonn, for the Prince, and for Loreos!" Lord Vestavius screamed, as he followed his men, charging toward the gate.

The soliders of Calmonn held off the invaders for almost two hours, but then they saw a sight that made them cringe with fear.
"My Lord, they have four Pollice Bears of the North." the Battlemaster shouted over the loud clatter of fighting soldiers.
"Fall back men fall back!" Lord Vestavius commanded as his men started running toward the gates.
"Follow them! Leave no one alive, and bring me the bracelet!" The Crown knight general ordered as his men rushed after the defenders.

As the enemy troops broke through the gates and into the city, Lord Vestavius raised his sword and charged two soliders that were rushing towards him.
One after the other the soliders fell to the ground at the feet of their enemies. Knowing that the surrender of his great Kingdom and the end of his life were drawing near he called to his advisor and commander, the Battlemaster of the Knights of Calmonn.
"Take the bracelet and your men, and flee into the Black Caves beneath the palace, do not look back, but make your way to the Tower of Calmonn, there and only there will the bracelet be safe."
"But my Lord..." the Battlemaster started to protest, but Lord Vestavius stopped him.
"My end has come dear friend. I have served Calmonn and the Prince well, but you still have much to learn. Now make haste!"
The Battlemaster took the bracelet from Vestavius, took one last look at his king, and followed his men toward the Black Caves.
In the distance he saw Lord Vestavius give a loud shoud:
"Fight men, for the fate of Calmonn lies with us. Onward!"
Then he watched as Lord Vestavius was struck down by the general of the Crown Knights. The Battlemaster gave one last scream, then all went black."

"Wake up Battlemaster, wake up!" one of the soldiers shouted anxiously, shaking the Battlemaster awake.
"What is it, why do you wake me at this early hour?" the Battle master grumpily asked.
"The soldiers from the North, they have followed us, they are nearing the Tower's front gate, led by their Crown Knight general."
At hearing the news the Battlemaster leaped from where he was lying, and quickly strapped on his sword.
"To the stairway! All men up! Quickly, quickly, we must not let them get the bracelet." the Battlemaster commanded, running to a door leading out onto a long wooden spiral stairway to the cool, desert floor below.
As the Knights of Calmonn came through the doorway and began to make their descent down the long stairway, they saw a sight that made them halt dead in their tracks. As far as the could see a great black sea of Northern troops surrounded the great Tower on all sides, as hundreds of troops started ascending the stairway to meet them.
"What shall we do now, we are surrounded on all sides with no chance for an escape!" the Commander asked looking towards his Battlemaster.
"We must do the only thing that we know how, we must fight! Fight for our great city of Calmonn that now lies in ruins and burning with fire, fight for our noble Lord and ruler Vestavius who selflessly gave his life so that we might live a little while longer, and fight for the Glory of Loreos, and the land we call home!"
The Knights of Calmonn now filled with a new fiery courage charged down the stairway towards the attackers, raising there sword while chanting:

"For our king, for Calmonn and for the Glory of Loreos!"

The defenders held the enemy at bay for almost four hours, but suddenly their strength began to fail as the Crown Knight general approached the Battlemaster with a drawn longsword.
"You thought you could defeat us, didn't you Battlemaster. You thought your Knights of Calmonn were invisible did you, well you were wrong and now you will pay for it with your life!" the Crown general screamed in fury.
The Crown Knight general raised his sword bringing it down on the Battlemaster. The Battlemaster tried to raise his sword to retaliate at the general, but it was to late and the wound was fatal.
"Now I will have what I came for, the Bracelet of Delronn." the general taunted as he reached for the bracelet on the Battlemaster's wrist.
"Never! You will never get that bracelet!" the Commander of the Knights of Calmonn shouted as he slipped the bracelet off the Battlemaster's wrist and hurled it off the stairway with all his might, and down into the darkness of the Loresi desert sands below.
"You fool! Because of you the bracelet is now lost forever! For that you shall die!" the genral angrily screamed as he swung his sword at the commander.The two enemies dueled for almost a hour until at last the commander struck the Crown Knight general in the head with his black scimitar, killing him instantly.
Seeing that the enemy general was dead the commander of the Knights of Calmonn reached down to tend to his fallen leader the Battlemaster.
"My friend and youngest brother, the Battlemaster spoke in a hoarse raspy voice, take our men and go to our eldest brother Felmorre's fortress in the desert, you will be safe there. You have fought well and may the Knights of Calmonn live on as a great force in Loreos."
"Yes my brother. Your final command shall be carried out, and may we meet again in eternity." the commander softly answered.
As the Battlemaster slowly died, the commander kissed him, and rose. Taking some stones he covered his brothers body with stone and laid is sword and helmet on top of the pile, as a monument through the ages of the Battlemaster's courage and bravery in battle.
When the commander had laid the last stone he turned toward his men.
"Although we lost a comrade and great leader tonight, we mustn't lose hope. This loss, and the loss of countless others this night, should only drive us furthur to protect our land. The Battlemaster has given me orders to take you to Felmorre's fortress twenty miles from here, to stay hidden from the rest of Roawia until the time is right when we can once more show ourselves to the rest of the world. Let's ride!" the commander spoke to his men drawing his sword.
The Knights of Calmonn mounted thier horses, drew their scimitars and charged down the stairway, and into the inky blackness toward Felmorre's fortress in the southern desert.

Ballad of the Knights of Calmonn

The great Kingdom of Calmonn stood tall and great,
Five strong walls, surrounding a single gate.

One night, they came at last,
A great army of raiders, riding fast.

The Knights of Calmonn were strong and great,
Defending their great city and gate

They fought through the cold, dark night.
Never losing the hope or will to fight.

Fight on Knights of Calmonn,
Fight for your glory and your might.

For the end is drawing close.

For your king, the Prince, and for the glory of this great land of Loreos.

Link to Flickr photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88363283@N ... otostream/
Last edited by royalbrickcustoms on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."
~Phil. 4:13

[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=RBCustoms]Royal Brick Customs Shop (Bricklink)[/url]
Hayden.
Reeve

Re: LCC- Knights of Calmonn (Loreos)

Post by Hayden. »

Awesome! I cant wait to see how you use them!
The story is very good, and well planned!
Crazycrownieguy
Bailiff

Post by Crazycrownieguy »

Wow, I am excited to see how you use the knights in your builds,
and the back story was excellent.
For the glory of Garhim!!!
Captain Rufus Song
[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7380/12914982 ... 29d6_o.jpg[/img][img]http://5z8.info/add-worm_wcvp[/img][img]http://5z8.info/openme.exe_exoh[/img]
Bentoft
Foot Soldier

Post by Bentoft »

Very nice and well written story.

I guess Toberg will have to expand a little - but we welcome such brave men. And I look forward to see these figs, and to see if I have the parts for them.
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Bentoft, I believe this story is meant to have happened about 200 years ago, so if that's the case, it could just be part of the lore of Toberg and you wouldn't have to expand your existing layout to accommodate them :)
Plastics make it possible! (BrickLink) - My Flickr Stream
Courage, Honor, Loyalty! For Garheim!
Knight Man
Journeyman

Post by Knight Man »

Great story. :D
Can't wait to see what else you come up with!
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8475/8406300705_86b2d80f86_m.jpg[/img] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/76575933@N02/]My Flickr[/url] [url=https://brickset.com/sets/ownedby-The_Creator]My sets[/url]
royalbrickcustoms
Gentleman

AK_Brickster wrote:Bentoft, I believe this story is meant to have happened about 200 years ago, so if that's the case, it could just be part of the lore of Toberg and you wouldn't have to expand your existing layout to accommodate them :)
Yes AK the backstory is set 200 years ago, but my (current) Knights of Calmonn are distant relatives of the Knights of Calmonn in the story.

For example the current Battlemaster of the Knights of Calmonn is the great, great grandson of the Battlemaster in the story, and all the Knights are related in the same sort of way to their ancestors as the Battlemaster is.

Also the (current) city of Fangroth (Lord Tathann's city) was built on the ruins of the ancient Kingdom of Calmonn and inherited the old symbol of Calmonn (the golden sun) as the city's symbol, but I will explain more about this in some of my future LCC MOCS.
I guess Toberg will have to expand a little - but we welcome such brave men. And I look forward to see these figs, and to see if I have the parts for them.
So Bentoft, yes you can create some (current) Knights of Calmonn for the Toberg School of Warfare I'll post pics on Flickr soon (in about 10 minutes) so you'll know how to build them.

~RBC

Bentoft: If you have any questions about them PM me.

[url=http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=RBCustoms]Royal Brick Customs Shop (Bricklink)[/url]
royalbrickcustoms
Gentleman

Hey guys I just posted the pics of my Knights of Calmonn minifigs for LCC (Loreos).

Link to set on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88363283@N ... 598734238/

Hope you like them. :)

Please comment and tell me what you think.

Thanks,

~RBC

Bentoft
Foot Soldier

Post by Bentoft »

AK_Brickster wrote:Bentoft, I believe this story is meant to have happened about 200 years ago, so if that's the case, it could just be part of the lore of Toberg and you wouldn't have to expand your existing layout to accommodate them :)
It surely sounded like that, but I was cheated by the sentence: " The Battlemaster has given me orders to take you to Bentoft's Toberg School of Warfare"

I guess my character should not be mentioned 200 years ago.

So is there a ruin of Calmonn near Toberg? Or has the city benn rebuild?
royalbrickcustoms
Gentleman

Bentoft wrote:
It surely sounded like that, but I was cheated by the sentence: " The Battlemaster has given me orders to take you to Bentoft's Toberg School of Warfare"

I guess my character should not be mentioned 200 years ago.

So is there a ruin of Calmonn near Toberg? Or has the city benn rebuild?
Yes. :)
Also the (current) city of Fangroth (Lord Tathann's city) was built on the ruins of the ancient Kingdom of Calmonn and inherited the old symbol of Calmonn (the golden sun) as the city's symbol, but I will explain more about this in some of my future LCC MOCS.
Also:

The current Knights of Calmonn are direct descendants of the Knights of Calmonn in the story.

I probably shouldn't have mentioned them riding off to the Toberg School of Warfare, as it was probably did not exist 200 years ago. :)

Instead, how about while Benjamin Toft was on a trip to Fangroth, he met the current Knights of Calmonn and asked if they would come to Toberg and train some of his students in some of the unique combat techniques of the Knights of Calmonn.

Does this sound better Bentoft? It certainly makes more sense.

That way you can incorporate my Knights of Calmonn into your builds and I can incorporate Benjamin Toft into some of mine.

Tell me what you think of this?

~ RBC

Aeridian
Councilor
Location: A wanderer, for home is where the food is good and the company is better.

Post by Aeridian »

With all these elite knights and preparation for war, looks like I'll be packing up and moving underground! :tasty: By the looks of your knights, they seem more imposing (and darker..) than any Loreesi I've seen, almost to the point that they might be mistaken as armored outlaws themselves... I don't have anything against them (besides the fact they're my enemy and I'll probably have to kill them sometime...), I just think that an elite group of knights from Loreos would want to express their nationality more with flashier colors or whatever. Hopefully they don't get too hot in the desert, with all those black cloaks and armor of theirs. :P
~ Ductus Exemplo ~
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/aeridian/]Flickr[/url]
AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

You bring up some good points, Aeridian.
While I agree with you that they almost look "outlawish", at least they are in the northern reaches of Loreos near the mountains and forests where the heat isn't nearly as extreme. Northern Loreos is mainly grassland. The harsh deserts are only as you start to move south.

Good to see you guys working out your stories together. It's more fun when we can weave our characters with each other to give a more interesting storyline. :D

PS - I still haven't figured out how a sea of angry Garhims could have made it all the way through Lenfald unopposed and undetected 200 years ago....
royalbrickcustoms
Gentleman

AK_Brickster wrote:You bring up some good points, Aeridian.
While I agree with you that they almost look "outlawish", at least they are in the northern reaches of Loreos near the mountains and forests where the heat isn't nearly as extreme. Northern Loreos is mainly grassland. The harsh deserts are only as you start to move south.

Good to see you guys working out your stories together. It's more fun when we can weave our characters with each other to give a more interesting storyline. :D

PS - I still haven't figured out how a sea of angry Garhims could have made it all the way through Lenfald unopposed and undetected 200 years ago....
Here are a couple of things I thought about, but haven't written down until now.

The Knights of Calmonn armor (and some weapons) is smelt with a metal known as Calmite. Calmite ore is mined deep in the Black Caves under Calmonn (modern Fangroth). This metal is dark gray/black in color and is a tough as dragon scales. The silver sparkles come from a substance called Balcum Powder, a silver powder that when rubbed on the armor, and let dry in the sun, makes the armor resistant to magic and fire retardant. It also make the armor darker or lighter depending on the amount of light hitting it, aids in being able to hide in dark caves and shadowy forests.

As for the troops getting through Lenfald:
They cut straight down to Calmonn and their large number pretty much destroyed everything in its path, leaving any survivors to go and hide.

Does all this make sense?

~ RBC
Last edited by royalbrickcustoms on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

AK_Brickster
Admin
Admin

Post by AK_Brickster »

Sounds OK. Be careful not to make the armor so incredible that anyone wearing it is practically invincible. We don't want everyone to have to invent some sort of super-armor for their troops in order to compete with yours. Maybe keep the "tough as dragon scales" part, but lose the "as light as just wearing a plain cotton tunic" part.

Instead of "almost invisible", what about "aids in being able to hide in dark caves and shadowy forests", just so that the abilities are toned down a little.

As for Garheim troops leaving a wake of destruction through Lenfald, it's probably best if we avoid writing major events in history without consulting the other factions first. Maybe it would be better if you referred to them as "raiders from the north in the lands now known as Garheim" or something like that.

What do you think?
royalbrickcustoms
Gentleman

AK_Brickster wrote:Sounds OK. Be careful not to make the armor so incredible that anyone wearing it is practically invincible. We don't want everyone to have to invent some sort of super-armor for their troops in order to compete with yours. Maybe keep the "tough as dragon scales" part, but lose the "as light as just wearing a plain cotton tunic" part.

Instead of "almost invisible", what about "aids in being able to hide in dark caves and shadowy forests", just so that the abilities are toned down a little.

As for Garheim troops leaving a wake of destruction through Lenfald, it's probably best if we avoid writing major events in history without consulting the other factions first. Maybe it would be better if you referred to them as "raiders from the north in the lands now known as Garheim" or something like that.

What do you think?
Sounds great. :)

I'll fix it and incorporate the stuff you said now.

~ RBC