new sets

Discussion of official LEGO Castle Theme sets and products
Dragon Master
Merchant

Post by Dragon Master »

Thanks for getting my hopes up about those DM sheilds, jerk! Just kidding, easy mistake.

I haven't decided if my Dragon Masters will be allies to Leo II or that evil scorpion dude (Probably Leo II, (because) we could use a nice castle).

Even though the sets suck, I'm still happy. Heck, its castle! And maybe once we get the Poweranger Knights and swith some of their parts with our existing ones, it will be ok. I really like the Black and Red armor. At least its armor.

The Wizard dude is cool too, but why no hat dammit! Also did Leo get a divorce (it is clear that his wife married the blacksmith, who happens to be Leo's former head knight). Did the princess leave to. So Leo is left with a new castle, and a bunch of pretty knights to fight three bad guys! (maybe four, don't know if the "wiz" is a baddie yet.).

All in all, I can't wait. I'll be sure to buy lots of 8777, becuase of the armored knights and armord horse. 8778 loos ok too. And I think 8780. It may be good for CCC walls.

DM[/quote]
"I have looked for you. Now you have come to me. And I thank you." -Pope John Paul II
INTENSS
Freeman

Post by INTENSS »

Well crap....it might be octagonal but the thing still looks like a yellow shield with a green and red drag on it to me. Anyone have a closer view of that thing?

Im probably wrong...but oh well. :)

-Rich
Devari
Journeyman

Post by Devari »

No hope for DM shields...

This is the Green knight is its Gali-crap form. A ShiftyBrick Monkey!
timber_wolf899
Merchant

Post by timber_wolf899 »

this line shows some creativity which is nice but WHY do they INCIST on using that most horrible of raised baseplates?!?!?!?!

there have been some raised plate constructions that were not bad, 6081 and 6086, but the dragon fortress was the only thing on this gosh offel plate to be decent. the plate is hard to incorporate into custom sets and it often has these airy constructions.

OH FOR A FOUR WALLED CASTLE AGAIN! we miss 6080!!!! I mean if you want play access just make the castle be solid with hinges, and or in corporate a wide open courtyard?

that being said i actually like the colored armors. and square shields! oh how i have been wishing for new shields. helmets and axes are also nice. still can we have blunt weapons? perhaps giants made from hagrids?

thoughts guys?

Frank
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

That is the set I am hoping will be the next Legend, let the kiddies have their jelly bean knights, give me a decent Legend and an an accessory pack with armor and I'll be happy.

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
lemon_squeezer2
Gentleman

Post by lemon_squeezer2 »

YUCK YUCK YUCK. :x

There are some good pieces in these sets, but I was hoping for something a bit more substantial. Somebody please tell me that these arn't part of the "Banner Year" for castle!

I have to admit, I do like the new shields and the brown BURP.
Knight Of Weaselton
Gong Farmer

Post by Knight Of Weaselton »

The sets over-all stink, but they do have a lot of good pieces. I believe the green knight has an "old" pointed visor. Is the armor on them the original kind? It would make sense because LEGO has been using it in other sets lately. The new helmet, and the new shield are great. The large castle (8781) is basically a rehash of King Leo's Castle, but I think it is better. The rope-bridge (8778) is nice, especially because it has one of the mini-figs with the new helmet. Over all I'm just glad to have a new source of castle pieces.
"Hey stupid looking kid! How would you like to make your fortu- Nah, kid, I'm down here..."
-The Amazing Maurice (Terry Pratchett)
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Banner year for castle? I hope they are coming out with more sets later in 2004. Perhaps Vladek's own castle/fortress (a better looking Mordor/evil-type) with a large army of his own soldiers?
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
LEGOFREAK
noy dna rehtih

Post by LEGOFREAK »

*sigh* I doubt we'll get a large army of anything. Unless you count ordering off of BL

LF
wlister
Sheriff

Post by wlister »

Lets see what happens as the line develops, I am hoping it will, many of the castle lines of the last few years had a lot of potential, but they never seemed to click with the kiddies. Most of this potential was never realized as intrest diminished and we never had the chance to see how those lines could develop. If this one does click with the kiddies, it is possible we will start seeing better sets with more knights. Kids will always want more of a line they like and we would likely see a line expansion in the fall. Those may very well be army building sets. I am going to keep my fingers crossed until then. I hope they don't fall off...

Will
After a long absence, I have returned. I can't wait to start building again.
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Well, I could see these knights being leaders of previously leaderless factions. The purple Danju (who actually looks OK and has a cool head as shown on the website) could lead the Wolf Pack: he has a wolf shield. The light blue Jayko could lead the Black Falcons, he has a bird shield. Too bad the red and green knights have shields that couldn't fit in with any previous faction (bear, monkey)
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
JPinoy
Knight Bannerett

Post by JPinoy »

Just wondering about this possibility... do you think they might come out with a UCS line for Castle? Thats the only thing I would view that would make 2004 a "banner year", aside from more and better Knights Kingdom 2 sets.
Peoples_General, master of the vast LEGO armies!
[url]http://www.bricklink.com/aboutMe.asp?u=Peoples_General[/url]
Behold! The mighty armies of my ORIGIN theme!
[url]http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.c ... lesGeneral[/url]
Rs_Conqueror
Peasant

Post by Rs_Conqueror »

Am I the only one who sees (or in this case dosn't see) something?
CASTLE WALL PIECES! You know, the kind you got about 50 of when your ordered 20 BFFs? :wink: Lego seems to have cut them completely from this theme in favor of lots of arch pieces in the new light gray. If lego dosn't disscontinue their legends, the only way to get these pieces is with the BFF and guarded inn...
As for minifigs things could be worse, lego still has their castle minifig axcessories set for giving my troops better equipment. And with custom torso decals I may have a few, more realastic knights on the way...
~ RS
lack of parts = innovation
Sir_Marcellus
Laborer

Post by Sir_Marcellus »

Well, on further examination, it looks like if anyone's interested in making LEGO Legend of Zelda, we've got some good pieces for that!
Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison
Knight Of Weaselton
Gong Farmer

Post by Knight Of Weaselton »

People have been saying that they look like they come with European style armor. Is this the kind of armor that comes with the Black Knight? Or that Gryfindor Knight? It is hard to tell from the pictures. If they do then I like them consierbly better.
"Hey stupid looking kid! How would you like to make your fortu- Nah, kid, I'm down here..."
-The Amazing Maurice (Terry Pratchett)